PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's how I have coped

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain, I only managed to sleep about an hour. This loss was almost as bad as the '07 SB ( & I would of won 5 grand had the pats simply won that game! ).

The worst part of this loss is knowing that if we play Indy in the playoffs we will have to play @ Indy again

today's emotions are the same for me too: the game finished more or less early morning...the loss is huge as some of the worst losses our Pats suffered in the past

i can not still believe we lost...

really a bad day...

the only good thing is that it was not (at least officially) a play-off game otherwise i would have return to the normality in the summer...

Last edited:
Re: Here's how I have coped.

If I keep at my plan I should be able to get some decent pass out/sleep. I feel bad for you that have been up all night.
Sounds like a sound plan, i started drinking after the goal line fumble, I couldn't take it any longer. I started drinking more after what i thought was a three and out with about 2:30 left in the game. I'm glad i did, i never did see the 4rth and 2 play.

Last edited:
My weekend:

One of my trees fell over onto my neighbor's roof. Luckily for both of us, the damage is fairly minor. However, it's not quite enough $$ to make it worth having my HO insurance pay (HO insurance is hard enough to get and expensive enough already here in FL these days), but it's more than I'm happy about having to pay out of my pocket.

My car won't start due a problem with the electronic key, which naturally can only be fixed by the dealer and so I'll have to have it towed there...30ish miles away.

The Pats game last nite...well, you all know. :eek:

So...I don't think I'm coping about the game because I'm really not sure which one of these things I'm most upset about. :confused2:

9:46 a.m is way earlier than I ever start drinking, but maybe it really is the only solution.
cry.gif

Last edited:
Guys, c'mon...

I feel as crappy as the next pats fan. But we have to man up. We HAVE to man up. A ton of things went wrong yesterday, and in the end we lost. But this is what I'm going to concentrate on:

- We lost to an undefeated team with a GOAT caliber QB by just 1 freakin point
- Our boys fought till the very end
- We lost to the colts in their own house, not to the rams in the razor
- We still lead our division
- Colts played the game of their lives

Losses happen. Get over it. You know the team will. If they give up, that's when our season is over. I for one do not believe that guys like TFB and BB accept defeat. They take it in their stride, learn from it, and bounce back...hard. 0 tds by Brady in week 2...everyone's writing him off. What does he do? Lays down 5 td's in one freaking quarter. So what if it was against the Titans? Did anyone else even come close to that?

The Pats are gonna be back, and they'll be back with a vengence...just like they did after SB '07, like they did after TB went down against KC, like they did after the Jets and Broncos games. Give them some credit for that. They're not rolling over like the Jets and Bills. I refuse to wallow in despair like the jets/bills fans, and I hope you won't either.

Lets go Pats!!!!

Guys, c'mon...

I feel as crappy as the next pats fan. But we have to man up. We HAVE to man up. A ton of things went wrong yesterday, and in the end we lost. But this is what I'm going to concentrate on:

- We lost to an undefeated team with a GOAT caliber QB by just 1 freakin point
- Our boys fought till the very end
- We lost to the colts in their own house, not to the rams in the razor
- We still lead our division
- Colts played the game of their lives

Losses happen. Get over it. You know the team will. If they give up, that's when our season is over. I for one do not believe that guys like TFB and BB accept defeat. They take it in their stride, learn from it, and bounce back...hard. 0 tds by Brady in week 2...everyone's writing him off. What does he do? Lays down 5 td's in one freaking quarter. So what if it was against the Titans? Did anyone else even come close to that?

The Pats are gonna be back, and they'll be back with a vengence...just like they did after SB '07, like they did after TB went down against KC, like they did after the Jets and Broncos games. Give them some credit for that. They're not rolling over like the Jets and Bills. I refuse to wallow in despair like the jets/bills fans, and I hope you won't either.

Lets go Pats!!!!

Hmm. you are definately not drunk, the post to too coherant. No slurring or typos. Besides alcohol is a depresant. What are you on? Please, do share.

Hmm. you are definately not drunk, the post to too coherant. No slurring or typos. Besides alcohol is a depresant. What are you on? Please, do share.

20 mg Prozac daily :rolleyes:.

No seriously.

On the one hand, I think about coming this close to breaking the dolts' perfect run. BB's questionable 4th and 2 call. The D that was doing so well collapsing in the 4th. Faulk almost getting the 1st down. This loss adding to the series of heartbreaking losses in AFCCG '06, SB '07, missing playoffs in 08.

On the one hand, I think about Pats fighting tooth and nail against the number 1 team in the league and losing by just 1 point. Both the O and D played so well, the dolts just played better...they really did. I think about still being on top of the division. I think that if ANY other team had done the exact same thing that we did last night, they would be patting themselves on the back for having put up such a great effort. I think about TFB being the 3 super bowl winning, super model marrying, record breaking GOAT stud. BB being a super genius who takes a QB straight out of high school to an 11/5 record. 3 SB wins and 5 SB appearances in 11 years. A 16-0 season, countless records, and the attention (whether begrudging or respectful) of the entire league.

Thinking about the former makes my stomach churn, and thinking about the latter makes me feel lucky to be a pats fan (can you imagine what raiders/bills/lions/jets fans feel?). So I choose to think about the latter.

Work was brutal today.
kaffee-big.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes