PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here come "running up the score" theories again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the people were talking about this running up the score stuff on the way home from the game last nght! As a guy trying to get to grips with the in's and out's of football can some one explain what the problem is with running up the score?

there's nothing wrong with running up the score.... but when your beating an 0-5 team 45-0 in the first half i think its a little much to come out the third quarter and throw some more...

some people already said they wanted to humiliate the titans, but getting beat in the first half that bad, to me, would be enough humiliation...

I think its pathetic by any coach to be winning a game by that much in the first half to go out and do go out and run the score up more in the second half... I mean didn't the patriots prove in the 1st half that they could throw and run the ball just fine on offense, and prove that there defense wasn't gonna let the titans get anything?

there's nothing wrong with running up the score.... but when your beating an 0-5 team 45-0 in the first half i think its a little much to come out the third quarter and throw some more...

some people already said they wanted to humiliate the titans, but getting beat in the first half that bad, to me, would be enough humiliation...

I think its pathetic by any coach to be winning a game by that much in the first half to go out and do go out and run the score up more in the second half... I mean didn't the patriots prove in the 1st half that they could throw and run the ball just fine on offense, and prove that there defense wasn't gonna let the titans get anything?

I can uderstand that in college ball but surely as a pro team you are there to destroy the other team and send a message out. Whats the expression, its time to nut up or shut up! Maybe im too cut throat.

Bob Papa just mentioned it again this morning on Sirius NFL radio. Randy Cross asked him how many series Brady played in the second half and promptly ended the discussion

As long as points scored, points allowed, and point differential are part of the NFL playoff tiebreaker rules, teams should run up the score at every opportunity.

If they'd been running up the score, the would have scored more than 14 in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes