PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hat Tip to Josh & Fingers Crossed He Sticks Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Why Josh McDaniels ultimately deserves most credit for Patriots' 3-0 start

The Pats are arguably at the best place they've ever been with this coaching staff, taking the personnel and experience into account (2004 would be in the running too, I think). It's hard to underestimate the importance of having this kind of talent in their OC and DC & their staffs. Coaches age too, and it's great for Belichick to have this kind of talent to lean on.

We'll hear all year about both leaving, particularly McDaniels. Here's to hoping a nice fat raise, a dream environment, and the possibility of taking over one day will keep him around. Of course, if he wants to be top dog now, none of that will matter.

I think Josh learned his lesson and will only leave if he has a young QB like a Jimmy with him. My guess is that he gets a HC job next year

I think Josh learned his lesson and will only leave if he has a young QB like a Jimmy with him. My guess is that he gets a HC job next year
He'll definitely be offered them. If your thought is correct about needing to go into a place with a good QB situation, that limits things though. Lots of crummy QB play out there.

I hope this staff stays together for some time. Damn injuries.

Yeah this season has been McDaniels as his best for sure. Complete overhaul of gameplan on the fly.

JMD in Tennessee scares me. They have a great young core, including a qb, and a competent gm from the Patriots tree. They could be a nemesis again to the Pats very soon if that happens.

I can't see Patricia and McDaniels not getting attractive head coaching offers after this season. In McDaniel's case maybe total personnel control again. I think we should be prepared for another three way hug at the end of this season.

JMD in Tennessee scares me. They have a great young core, including a qb, and a competent gm from the Patriots tree. They could be a nemesis again to the Pats very soon if that happens.

That would be an acceptable choice IMO.

They have Jon Robinson as their scouting head and he has respectable Pats roots.

I don't want to see any of the hater franchises, who led or supported Defamegate, as beneficiaries of the Pats' excellence.

Tennessee and Detroit are going to go all out blitz on mcdaniels.

Tennessee has one of the best young QBs in the league and kept a middling coach in place once mcdaniels decided to stay.

Detroit also has strong Pats connections with a middling coach, but an unsettled qb position. I think they will be a dark horse JimmyG suitor, if they can flip stafford elsewhere.

If mcdaniels stays this summer, it's because BB has outlined his exit strategy, and mcdaniels will get to wear the ring.

Belichick's heir apparent should be named Assistant Coach.

That would be an acceptable choice IMO.

They have Jon Robinson as their scouting head and he has respectable Pats roots.

I don't want to see any of the hater franchises, who led or supported Defamegate, as beneficiaries of the Pats' excellence.

Tennessee and Detroit are going to go all out blitz on mcdaniels.

Tennessee has one of the best young QBs in the league and kept a middling coach in place once mcdaniels decided to stay.

Detroit also has strong Pats connections with a middling coach, but an unsettled qb position. I think they will be a dark horse JimmyG suitor, if they can flip stafford elsewhere.

If mcdaniels stays this summer, it's because BB has outlined his exit strategy, and mcdaniels will get to wear the ring.

Yeah, I don't hate Tennessee really. I loathed the Jeff Fisher led teams, but mostly they've slipped to irrelevance for me.

Detroit is also quite plausible. I don't see BB slowing down right now, but he's stated he won't be a Marv Levy and coach in to his 70s. Not sure why, but I feel the Patricia is the coach in waiting over Josh.

Indy will probably fire Pagano if they don't improve. They should fire Grigson AND Pagano, but they're the Colts. I imagine that they'll offer the HC job to McDaniels and McDaniels will laugh in their face for 30 minutes straight.

Indy will probably fire Pagano if they don't improve. They should fire Grigson AND Pagano, but they're the Colts. I imagine that they'll offer the HC job to McDaniels and McDaniels will laugh in their face for 30 minutes straight.

The Colts, along with the Cowboys, Rats, Texans (sorry Stephanie), Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Giants, and Broncos are among the teams that would get turned down immediately.

It might be easier to list those that I DON'T object to.

McDaniels is the next in line.. Tennessee wanted him last year and he turned them down.

As he learned in Denver, grass isn't greener

McDaniels is the next in line.

Let's hope so. Despite some of my frustration w/ Josh's playcalling, I really think Josh would be hard to replace. He's a perfect match for our team's game-plan philosophy

i don't think either is going anywhere, they both have excellent cores in their units, and they like to work for BB, and like NE, and are enjoying themselves

they are both young, they have many years in front of them if they do at some point want to be HCs, why leave while everything is going so well? they will both stay for now me things

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes