PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison Talks Vikings Kicker, Talks About 'Helmet Catch'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the one who should have committed seppuku after that play was Asante Samuel. He dropped the earlier INT and then gave up on that play allowing Tyree to get open in the first place.

Calling that a "drop" is way overstating the case. That would have been a hard catch and pretty much all DBs would have failed to haul it down the majority of the time.

Letting Tyree run free was a far bigger sin.

Then there's that Saints game where NO was down by 7 with time for one play. They called and executed an amazing multi-lateral play for the TD.

And then the kicker missed the PAT.

Ah, the infamous River City Relay.

Tyree used stickum tho. :p

And if you had any honour, you would commit seppuku after that ridiculous post.

49dIPJk.png

o_O

Calling that a "drop" is way overstating the case. That would have been a hard catch and pretty much all DBs would have failed to haul it down the majority of the time.

Letting Tyree run free was a far bigger sin.

Right you are. Not a drop. It passed through his hands. Watching it again, it's not a "gimme". The bigger sin was, as you said, not playing to the whistle on the Play-that-shall-not-be-named.

They have a great documentary on that by ESPN, a 30 for 30 film. They had a chance against the Giants and were ahead 13-6 against the Cowboys, yet wound up getting blown out in 3 of the 4 straight losses. They were actually the brunt of jokes back then, despite winning 4 straight AFCCGs.

I always say, I rather lose the AFCCG than the SB. Winning the AFCCG and then losing the SB is very painful, especially the way the Pats lost their last 2 SB losses.

No AFC team was going to win against the NFC in that stretch. They had 2-3 great teams, the AFC pretty much sucked aside form Buffalo.

Substitute "Helmet catch" for "Cleaning woman" and you've got the standard Patriots fan reaction.

Substitute "Helmet catch" for "Cleaning woman" and you've got the standard Patriots fan reaction.

LMAO. So true. A lot of people around here have serious issues letting things go. I'd hate to know what their personal relationships are like if they can't get past something that happened in a sports game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes