PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard times in Homerville

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are certainly those who go the total opposite way of being a homer and aren't really fans of the team. That is a tiny minority. I'd also say the total blind homers are also a very tiny minority. The issue on this board is that both those tiny minorities are extremely vocal and it really destroys most threads.

Nice point.

IMO, that type of activity is to be expected in a public forum, especially when the forum is about a popular team. When that occurs, the other fans have to chip in and continue the conversations without letting the thread hijacked by the vocal minorities.

I wonder about the activity is on the VIP lounge, which should not have any of such bandwagon fan. I haven't visited it even once this season. :( Are the discussions there as passionate as the ones in the general forum?

Last edited:
Well its begun last night Borges heavily hinting that Brady won't be back after 2010. Said the Pats approached him last year and he didn't want to talk.

I don't choose to believe (hardly) anyone who claims to know about Brady/Patriots negotations. Certainly there's no reason to trust Borges.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but some people seem to not understand what a band wagon fan is....

A bandwagon fan..Switches support to whatever team/game/allegiance/belief happens to be successful at the time. To me a BWF just wants to be associated with a winner, as soon as the winning stops they're gone. Thats not a real fan IMO.

I'm a bandwagon fan every week watching NFL games as I try to make a choice as to which team to root for (apart from the Patriots).

I grew up in the Boston area and am a fan of all the Boston teams... except the Bruins. No, I decided as a kid to be a New York Rangers fan (long, boring story), and for that choice I got to sit through 7 straight seasons without making the playoffs. And it wasn't one of those, "Oh, we know our team is going to stink, so it's expected," kind of deals. EVERY year we came in with high hopes, and missed by a handful of points., guaranteeing we got a crappy draft pick on top of not making the postseason.

One year we were particularly awful though, some even claiming we were tanking to get a better chance at Sidney Crosby. What happened? Draft lottery put us 18th.

If I can sit through all that and still be a fan now, I can certainly "hang on" during this oh so terrible time as a Patriots fan.

Re: Hard times in Homerville.

The true test of a REAL fan is staying loyal even in transition years. All of knew times like this would come eventually.

I'm just grateful that we've had this ride and I'm STILL just as happy about my Patriots and our coach as I've ever been.

Will Tom Brady ever be the Brady we've known? I don't know, but I'm not looking for a new QB anytime soon.

I guess a satire can bring out guilt in some people.

Look I have been crititcal of this team from time to time. I have questioned some of the coaching, drafting,and execution of players. But I don't beat the dead horse over and over again.

Right now from what I have seen, heard and read the media in general are in a feeding frenzy over this team. They seem to have been waiting for years to tear into BB and now they think is the time.

And there are a certain # of so called fans who are doing the same thing and those are the ones that that little satire was aimed at. Now if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, then don't be concerned about it. I am a homer and proud of it,but I don't think I'm any better than other loyal Patriots fans.

The ones who make it a habit of beign hyper critical all the time,are the ones that I question.

The ones who make it a habit of beign hyper critical all the time,are the ones that I question.

Being a mod, you see a lot of new handles appear that claim to be Pats fans and go off on these hypercritical jihads. Not only do I have relatives in the Jersey/NY metro area,I have a good number of friends who KNOW and I can say from personal experience there are more than just a few denizens of the JetsInsider board and Gang Green that sign up here as so-called "Pats" fans and then post literraly hundreds of mocking ,derogatory screeds tearing at everything the Patriots do.It's gotten me in hot water before because I KNOW what they're up to and I've caught them back at their home Jet boards yukking it up and laughing about how they pulled the wool over the eyes of the Patriots fans here.

Personally,I have to learn to stuff my emotions and bite my tongue.This is something that is NOT going to end. The price of success,I guess.

Look I have been crititcal of this team from time to time. I have questioned some of the coaching, drafting,and execution of players. But I don't beat the dead horse over and over again.

Right now from what I have seen, heard and read the media in general are in a feeding frenzy over this team. They seem to have been waiting for years to tear into BB and now they think is the time.

And there are a certain # of so called fans who are doing the same thing and those are the ones that that little satire was aimed at. Now if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, then don't be concerned about it. I am a homer and proud of it,but I don't think I'm any better than other loyal Patriots fans.

I think being overly critical can actually show just how emotionally invested someone is in a team. Some people respond differently. Some can tolerate losing, others can't.

I think there is a big difference between being critical and being knowledgeable. For one, being critical keeps us active. It can be a great point of conversation for knowledgeable fans. I know some less knowledgeable people (often kids) can take things way to far, but it doesn't invalidate being critical.

Finally, don't forget that some people are just irrational. When things don't go their way, they freak out and don't think straight. As a Red Sox fan, I'm used to seeing people ready to jump off bridges. It happens on a monthly basis in RSN. It's just the culture.

Fan(atic) and rational would seem to be mutually exclusive

I prefer to watch Homerville afar in the town I live in called Reality.

I Discovered something most of us true fans that live in Homerville live right on the border of Reality.

I Discovered something most of us true fans that live in Homerville live right on the border of Reality.

Don't let the realtor fool you, Homerville is nowhere near Reality.

If one claims to be a Patriots fan, that person is SUPPOSED to be a HOMER! That's what "FAN(atic)" means for crissakes! Show me a person who says they are a fan of "Football" and I'll show a bandwagon fan through & through.

Fan of "Football"?!!!:rolleyes: Are you kidding me?:mad:

If one claims to be a Patriots fan, that person is SUPPOSED to be a HOMER! That's what "FAN(atic)" means for crissakes! Show me a person who says they are a fan of "Football" and I'll show a bandwagon fan through & through.

Fan of "Football"?!!!:rolleyes: Are you kidding me?:mad:

Pretty true that. I've already begun filling in my schedule during the next couple of weekends now that the Pats are out. I'll probably watch the Super Bowl unless the Colts are in it.

As a side note, I get a tickle out of how some people confuse pessimism with reality. And some people don't really even know what Homerville is. They stayed for the show and now they're leaving, but their garbage is still lying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft