Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Play of the game
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20061001.36b3a703.html

It's actually plays of the game, because there were two...On Cincy's first drive...third-and-3 from the Pats' 22...but there was good coverage from Hank Poteat.
---
On the Bengals' second possession...the Patriots blitzed; with Poteat closing fast, Palmer threw the ball away.
Shalise liked the Pats holding the Bengals to two FGs on the first two drives instead of giving up TDs. The two things that jumped out at me while watching what tape I have - the Pats D is keeping the Bengals off balance with 3 and 4 down linemen looks, and Hank & Chad Scott seem to be around the ball a lot.

Go Hank! :eat3:

He stepped up real well today, especially on that near interception in coverage of CJ. I don't think Hobbs could've done much better.

As I said on another thread, I have no idea why no team picked him up as their last CB when the jesters cut him. He always seems to play respectably for us and I'm thankful he was available when we needed him.

Honestly when we signed him i figured great for our ST's but crappy for our defense.

My god am i glad i was wrong!

SeanBruschi54 said:
Honestly when we signed him i figured great for our ST's but crappy for our defense.

My god am i glad i was wrong!
The beat of the bongos gets in your blood... :singing:

You gotta love the performance by that "aging defense" in general :D

I don't understand why he is always cut. He is a solid tackler. Whenever a starter goes down ,the Pats resign him and he always gets in right away and makes an impact. Should stay on the tean the rest of the season.

Hanky baby! Glad to have him back.

Box_O_Rocks said:
LOL how could i forget those bongos.

Box_O_Rocks said:
All we need is a little more cowbell--

[size=+2]WAY TO GO, HANK![/size]

jczxohn1 said:
All we need is a little more cowbell--

[size=+2]WAY TO GO, HANK![/size]
Cowbell? Is that Chad Scott or Mike Wright? (They both looked pretty good in the first half.)

Box_O_Rocks said:
Play of the game
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20061001.36b3a703.html

Shalise liked the Pats holding the Bengals to two FGs on the first two drives instead of giving up TDs. The two things that jumped out at me while watching what tape I have - the Pats D is keeping the Bengals off balance with 3 and 4 down linemen looks, and Hank & Chad Scott seem to be around the ball a lot.

Go Hank! :eat3:

It's nice to get on a roll, but allowing only 6 points was the turning point to victory IMO. Let us run the ball and set up the offense.

And I think Shalise has got a thing for Hank.

And why not!:D

Did you see Hank defend that quick slant against a much taller receiver? What's up with that? I thought the quick slant was how you kill our short DBs?!? ;)

Hank has subpar NFL talent

Hank knows BB's system

Hank is a gift

you know...I saw Troy Brown miss a tackle yesterday and I wanted to get mad...BUT...Troy can miss what he wants...he's been here with US his whole career.. Branch should have stayed...Givens too...money is meaningless at this level

I guarantee the Pats keep Jarvis Green in the future

why?

you figure it out

BB and Pioli made the master move this year...Maroney

Please..everybody thought this would be a close game and the Pats would most likely lose

well..Reche played pretty damn good , huh?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Did you see Hank defend that quick slant against a much taller receiver? What's up with that? I thought the quick slant was how you kill our short DBs?!? ;)

Hank=the secret weapon of short DB's!:rocker:

When Poteat's in, Pats win.

Pay attention, Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back