PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hampton - Steelers closing in on deal - Bianca are you looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hampton is worth 7M than Vince is worth no more than 8M. It's market economics.... I think 21M for 3yrs is adequate for Vince, throw in some bonus money up to a 1M a year for games played. Fair deal.

If Hampton is worth 7M than Vince is worth no more than 8M. It's market economics.... I think 21M for 3yrs is adequate for Vince, throw in some bonus money up to a 1M a year for games played. Fair deal.

Vince is the better player and he's years younger. Why would he think your deal is "fair" for even a moment?

Last edited:

I have no clue how you come up with some numbers.this is a total BS. If 10 teams offer more for vince will you let him go. Brady took a 60 million deal so did to come up with the similar number.

He is 4 yrs younger and already NFL PA is looking to back down so Vince might get his pay day next year so why bother. show up at week 10 get the year on the tag and cash in.

Vince is the better player and he's years younger. Why would he think your deal is "fair" for even a moment?

I agree with you.

Who's better? I think Hampton w/o a doubt, but people here will say otherwise I predict :rolleyes:

If I were Kraft and I saw that deal go through, I'd immediately rescind the offer I have on the table for this guy.

Plus I don't like giving fat guarantees to guys who can get injured badly. Too risky.

do you think rolling your eyes makes you smarter?

Like it or not Hampton set the market! People can argue which ones better all they want. Hampton is the same caliber of player. So he's older. I'd take the 36 year old version of Ted Washington over either one of em'.

Like it or not Hampton set the market! People can argue which ones better all they want. Hampton is the same caliber of player. So he's older. I'd take the 36 year old version of Ted Washington over either one of em'.

This sounds about right to me. You wanna pay Wilfork 7.5 or 8 million per year because he is younger, fine. But 9?

3 years/21M for Hamption!? Hmm that's an average of 7M. Hey that's the franchise tag value that Wilfork just got!

I'm not saying that Wilfork will sign for 7M per, he almost definitely won't. But now I'd estimate that he's probably more in line for a figure between 4/36 and 4/40 than some crazy figure like... 12M per year. The Pats aren't run by Dan Snyder!

I'm more interested to hear from him about all of the positions that cannot "get injured badly".

Even our DC had to go to the hospital. I don't think Caserio's an injury risk though, he's a young dude.

One could as easily say that Haynesworth set the market and Hampton took a below value contract which Wilfork should ignore. And, again, Wilfork is a better player than Hampton.

Last edited:

so you would sign a 36 year old ted washington to 3 years and 11M guaranteed?

in your opinion hampton set the market........maybe for 33 year olds

you can argue that hampton is the same player all you want even though he isn't.

with both pickett and franklin tagged, the availablity for comparable alternatives has dissappeared

11M guaranteed for hampton is a starting point.....I can guarantee you wilfork will get closer to double that amount

do you think rolling your eyes makes you smarter?

No, of course not. I think I AM smarter and rolling my eyes indicates that. It's an expression of my belief. It's not that rolling eyes in and of itself makes anything. How could it?

No, of course not. I think I AM smarter and rolling my eyes indicates that. It's an expression of my belief. It's not that rolling eyes in and of itself makes anything. How could it?

well.....for someone who thinks hampton is better, anything is possible, I guess

Caught this from Reiss...

Hampton is really only guaranteed his $6.5 million signing bonus, according to documents filed with the NFL Players Association. He has base salaries of $4 million in 2010, $4.9 million in 2011 and $5.9 million in 2012, and each year, $1 million of Hampton's base salary is dependent on him meeting certain workout and weight provisions.

Wilfork, who is four years younger than Hampton, will command a richer deal than Hampton. But Hampton's deal helps establish the current-day market for nose tackles who play in 3-4 defenses, and it wasn't a blockbuster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-..._/id/4675453/more-on-the-casey-hampton-impact

It'll be interesting to see how the Pats insert this type of structure (if they have not already or not at all?) into the negotiations with VW. Can't imagine hes pleased with this.

Not quite sure this deal "sets the market" as you claim. Typically, a market-setting deal is the top-end of the spectrum, with some exceptions every now and then. IMO, this deal is not of that variety.

Because of their youth, both VW and Franklin should get more.

Last edited:
I'm bettin' they could get Ruben Studdard for alot less, and he's only 31. :rocker:

Last edited:
Caught this from Reiss...

More on the Casey Hampton impact - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

It'll be interesting to see how the Pats insert this type of structure (if they have not already or not at all?) into the negotiations with VW. Can't imagine hes pleased with this.

Not quite sure this deal "sets the market" as you claim. Typically, a market-setting deal is the top-end of the spectrum, with some exceptions every now and then. IMO, this deal is not of that variety.

Because of their youth, both VW and Franklin should get more.

I think it will be interesting to see how much Value BB gets out of this deal.. I can see VW signing for a great value for a NT and then BB uses him as Richard Seymour's replacement at DE for a fraction of the cost of a franchise DE. Thats if Ron Brace raise his level of play to take over NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back