PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall of Fame Prospects from Bob Kraft era

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played two seasons. With this line of logic, there are 60 current HOFs playing right now in the league. That must be some kind of record.

1st off, If you are going to open your trap, you should make sure you have your facts straight.

2ndly, Mankins just finished his 3rd season, not his 2nd. And he should have been ALL-PRO at LG over Hutchinson, IMHO. And, IMHO, he should have been one last year as well.

3rd, I did say "IF" for a reason. However, I've seen nothing, so far, that would lead me to believe that Mankins WON'T continue to improve. Have you?

My line of logic is FINE for Mankins. Its your reading comprehension and insistence on reading more into what was said than was really there. Please show me the 60 some odd players who are playing at the level that John Hannah played at?

I think that Adam Vinitieri and C-Mart are Stone Cold LOCKS to get in.

At least from what we hear, there is not one player that would vote for him.

players dont vote. each city gets one writer (AMAZINGLY, as far as i know, NE's is BORGES STILL?) does borges even have a job anymore?
plus, there are 6 at-large voters... 80% gets you in... i think rodney gets in first try (more for his work in SD than here; but he still was awesome here)

the 6 at-larges (last i knew):
At Large Howard Balzer, The Sports Xchange
At Large Jarrett Bell, USA Today
At Large Dave Goldberg, Associated Press
At Large Peter King, Sports Illustrated
At Large Bob Oates, Los Angeles Times
At Large Mike Wilbon, Washington Post

Last edited:
1st off, If you are going to open your trap, you should make sure you have your facts straight.

2ndly, Mankins just finished his 3rd season, not his 2nd. And he should have been ALL-PRO at LG over Hutchinson, IMHO. And, IMHO, he should have been one last year as well.

3rd, I did say "IF" for a reason. However, I've seen nothing, so far, that would lead me to believe that Mankins WON'T continue to improve. Have you?

My line of logic is FINE for Mankins. Its your reading comprehension and insistence on reading more into what was said than was really there. Please show me the 60 some odd players who are playing at the level that John Hannah played at?

i agree mankins was better than hutchinson... if he continues to improve (and stay healthy; the big thing), he is a good bet for HOF... is he where hannah was? not sure... hannah may have been the best patriot player at a position for a career, EVER... or maybe tom is, but i dont think anyone else is in that discussion

I was going to say, it's hard to put Martin in the HOF right away. But I forgot that he is 4th all-time in rushing yards. Bettis is close behind, and because he spent his career with the Steelers you know he's getting in.

Seems like RB is the easiest position to get into the HOF in though. I never considered Martin or Bettis among the VERY best at their position. Like I can't pinpoint any season where I thought "That is the best RB in the NFL, period". Not in the same class as guys like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk, or LaDainian Tomlinson.

Terrell Davis and Priest Holmes are a few examples of guys that could've got serious consideration if their careers weren't shortened by injury.

Eddie George, Corey Dillon, and Fred Taylor seem to be in the same category that I personally would place Martin and Bettis. Great, steady RB's who were a tier just below the very best.

I have no idea where I would put Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander among the all-time greats.

I love threads like these because it's always obvious that people are thinking of the NFL HoF like it is the MLB HoF.

Andre Tippett is not in the Hall. Repeat that to yourself and consider it. The best OLB this team has ever had and a guy who would have been in the Hall a long time ago if he had been in NY instead of stuck here in NE during the hard times did not make it into the Hall.

Unless something changes there is no way that Seymour, Harrison, Bruschi or Law make it in.

Here's the only realistic candidates as I see them listed in order of liklihood:

Brady/Belichick (Guaran-damn-teed)
Moss
Vinatieri
Martin
Seau

And that's about it. I don't think that Dillon makes it in.

i agree mankins was better than hutchinson... if he continues to improve (and stay healthy; the big thing), he is a good bet for HOF... is he where hannah was? not sure... hannah may have been the best patriot player at a position for a career, EVER... or maybe tom is, but i dont think anyone else is in that discussion

That is why I said Mankins is fast approaching Hannah's level of play. I didn't say he was there yet.

What's interesting about Hannah is that he's got more All-Pro Selections than Pro-Bowl Selections. I always thought that ALL-PRO was more prestigious.

Kraft
Belichick
Brady
Harrison
Martin

Vinatieri will be the first kicker to get in.

By the way WTF is it with no kickers or punters in the HOF? Is it not a position on the team? How is Ray Guy not in the HOF?

Last edited:
Kraft
Belichick
Brady
Harrison
Martin

Vinatieri will be the first kicker to get in.

By the way WTF is it with no kickers or punters in the HOF? Is it not a position on the team? How is Ray Guy not in the HOF?

Jan Stenerud, along with George Blanda and Lou Groza are all in there... the others also played, but stenerud was only a kicker... not sure ray guy should be there. why kraft? it wasnt like he was art rooney... kraft's claim to fame was hiring BB.

you dont think moss is in?

Last edited:
Jan Stenerud, along with George Blanda and Lou Groza are all in there... the others also played, but stenerud was only a kicker... not sure ray guy should be there. why kraft? it wasnt like he was art rooney... kraft's claim to fame was hiring BB.

you dont think moss is in?

Oops forgot Moss.

I think Kraft will get in 15 years from now after many years of success under him and his son. He salvaged a franchise from the trash heap of the NFL, saved it from leaving town and turned it into one of the greatest dynasties in sports. He also did it on his own dime without any public money. The guy deserves a lot of credit.

Oops forgot Moss.

I think Kraft will get in 15 years from now after many years of success under him and his son. He salvaged a franchise from the trash heap of the NFL, saved it from leaving town and turned it into one of the greatest dynasties in sports. He also did it on his own dime without any public money. The guy deserves a lot of credit.
i love kraft as an owner, no one id want over him... but he did it on the fan's dimes, not his (check out the ticket increases)... was it ever gonna really leave town? maybe, but i dont think so... also, the franchise was still on the trash heap, until BB came to town... does an owner get in the HOF on wins alone? maybe. if so, jerry jones and debartolo get in... i would think for an owner to get in, it would have to be for a bigger impact on the game, a la a rooney-type... just my 2 cents, but kraft's biggest accomplishment was to get BB, who turned the franchise around.

OK, who am I forgetting?

What about Bob Kraft? Currently there are 13 owners in the HOF. Kraft's teams have already won more SB's than 4 of the current owners in the HOF (counting the old NFL championships too). Kraft saved the franchise from relocation. He helped turn the Patriots around from one of the least profitable franchises to one of the most in less than 15 years. He built a brand new, state of the art stadium mostly with his own money. Kraft took a lead role in negotiating the billion dollar TV contracts with the networks.

One thing though, if Kraft makes it, does that mean Jerry Jones (we need a puking smilie) gets in too?

i love kraft as an owner, no one id want over him... but he did it on the fan's dimes, not his (check out the ticket increases)... was it ever gonna really leave town? maybe, but i dont think so... also, the franchise was still on the trash heap, until BB came to town... does an owner get in the HOF on wins alone? maybe. if so, jerry jones and debartolo get in... i would think for an owner to get in, it would have to be for a bigger impact on the game, a la a rooney-type... just my 2 cents, but kraft's biggest accomplishment was to get BB, who turned the franchise around.

Yup you have to admit it was very saavy of him to get BB when a lot of the people in the league and even in Boston thought he was insane for giving up a draft pick. He is a smart businessman and evidently he has a good sense for people because he gave BB the reins and is smart enough to have learned to stay out of the way and let BB/Paoli do their thing.

He has made a fortune from the Pats but I can't fault the guy, he took the risk and is now reaping the benefits. I see owners down here in Tampa who screw fans at every turn. Just to get season tickets there is a "deposit" which effectively doubles the price of the tickets and the whole stadium was built with public money. So yeah Bob Kraft gets my money but I don't mind giving it to him because at least I feel like I am getting something in return. His "product" has given me many great memories and good times.

I don't mind getting screwed a little as long as I feel like I am getting something in return, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back