PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall of fame gold jacket finalists announcements

How do you quantify lb play?

How does a player have no control over his grand success?
This is where we disagree and that’s fine. I think team success is the reason you play the game so it should be an important factor.
The factor of team success/non-success -- if you're measuring it in wins -- can be considered a double-edged sword when assessing individual performance in a team game. That's why I think it should be disregarded for things like HoF consideration. But I agree that team success is/always should be why players play the game.

The factor of team success/non-success -- if you're measuring it in wins -- can be considered a double-edged sword when assessing individual performance in a team game. That's why I think it should be disregarded for things like HoF consideration. But I agree that team success is/always should be why players play the game.
Ignoring team success is equally a double edged sword.
I’m not saying Butkus sucked because he never led his team to any success, but I’m saying the fact that Taylor did cannot just be ignored when looking at and comparing their careers.

It's a complete joke how many Colts are going to get in and how few Patriots from the same era. They already let Dungy in who shouldn't be along with Polian and Harrison. People are scoffing at Issac Bruce who had a better career than Harrison and actually showed up in the playoffs. I'm going to assume they let James in so that's four. If James is in why not Wayne, Clark, Saturday, Freeney (I'm on board with his induction), Mathis and Glenn?

Sorry but if you're letting James in then Willie (career playoff sack leader), Rodney (first player with 30 sacks and interceptions), Vince, Seymour (All decade team), Vrable, Light, Law, Mankins and Bruschi all deserve a sniff.

We'll call AV a neutral entry at this point. He's more getting in for his time as a Patriot but has more games played as a Colt.

If you could pick either player in their prime for one season, would you pick Ray Lewis or Randy Moss? That’s what I thought. Moss is a first ballot HOF. Lewis should be ineligible for using deer antler spray and killing a guy.

It's a complete joke how many Colts are going to get in and how few Patriots from the same era. They already let Dungy in who shouldn't be along with Polian and Harrison. People are scoffing at Issac Bruce who had a better career than Harrison and actually showed up in the playoffs. I'm going to assume they let James in so that's four. If James is in why not Wayne, Clark, Saturday, Freeney (I'm on board with his induction), Mathis and Glenn?

Sorry but if you're letting James in then Willie (career playoff sack leader), Rodney (first player with 30 sacks and interceptions), Vince, Seymour (All decade team), Vrable, Light, Law, Mankins and Bruschi all deserve a sniff.

We'll call AV a neutral entry at this point. He's more getting in for his time as a Patriot but has more games played as a Colt.

Polian is an absolute douche, but he does belong in the HOF. Not only did he put together the Indy teams and make the correct call in what was then a hotly contested debate of Manning vs. Leaf, he was also the architect of the Bills teams that went to 4 straight Superbowls.

I think that Harrison (who may or may not have also killed a guy) and Freeeny are HOFers (and Syracuse alums). The rest meh.

Polian is an absolute douche, but he does belong in the HOF. Not only did he put together the Indy teams and make the correct call in what was then a hotly contested debate of Manning vs. Leaf, he was also the architect of the Bills teams that went to 4 straight Superbowls.

I think that Harrison (who may or may not have also killed a guy) and Freeeny are HOFers (and Syracuse alums). The rest meh.

I agree Polian belongs in and I didn't question him in most post being aware of his credentials. I also think Freeney belongs in.

Here's the thing about Harrison in addition to being a dog in the playoffs. Moss, Owens, Bruce, Fitzgerald and Steve Smith all put up better numbers in overlapping eras, with for the most part lesser QBs, Bruce and Moss had HOF QBs for portions of their careers and all played better in big games. Then you have Wayne, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin and Torry Holt who are all in Harrison's league and again mostly played with lesser QBs minus Wayne who had the same guy and Holt who had the equivalent to Bruce. Bodlin got Warner for a portion as well.

How many receivers are you going to let in? Same with Edge at RB. There's a dozen guys with his credentials. And everybody wonders why the Hall is two-thirds offensive players.

When we get to QB if you're letting Eli in you might as well let in Rivers, Palmer, McNabb, Flacco............

I agree Polian belongs in and I didn't question him in most post being aware of his credentials. I also think Freeney belongs in.

Here's the thing about Harrison in addition to being a dog in the playoffs. Moss, Owens, Bruce, Fitzgerald and Steve Smith all put up better numbers in overlapping eras, with for the most part lesser QBs, Bruce and Moss had HOF QBs for portions of their careers and all played better in big games. Then you have Wayne, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin and Torry Holt who are all in Harrison's league and again mostly played with lesser QBs minus Wayne who had the same guy and Holt who had the equivalent to Bruce. Bodlin got Warner for a portion as well.

How many receivers are you going to let in? Same with Edge at RB. There's a dozen guys with his credentials. And everybody wonders why the Hall is two-thirds offensive players.

When we get to QB if you're letting Eli in you might as well let in Rivers, Palmer, McNabb, Flacco............

Tell me which players will get jobs at NFL Network and that will tell you which ones are locks.

crazy to think ray lewis killed a man and is going into the hof, and pete rose cant even attend a baseball game.

I dont think gms even should be in at all but when your claim to fame is building tems that choke in the playoffs that’s even worse.
There was no real debate of manning vs leaf. 99 our of 100 were taking manning.

If you could pick either player in their prime for one season, would you pick Ray Lewis or Randy Moss? That’s what I thought. Moss is a first ballot HOF. Lewis should be ineligible for using deer antler spray and killing a guy.

The killings and the deer antler spray aside...Ray Lewis in his prime is in the top 5 GOAT discussion for defensive players with LT and Reggie White ahead of him.

The killings and the deer antler spray aside...Ray Lewis in his prime is in the top 5 GOAT discussion for defensive players with LT and Reggie White ahead of him.

No argument here. That is why it's so obvious Moss is a first ballot HOF.

No argument here. That is why it's so obvious Moss is a first ballot HOF.
Yea the choice between he and Moss in his prime is a tough one. Both HoF.

I think Randy.

Everson Walls this year? Had some really good seasons.

I think Urlacher's the most overrated player of the 21st century. He had maybe a four year period where he was a great player, but so did James Harrison and the latter isn't going to the Hall of Fame. So did Bob Sanders, for that matter, and he'll never even be a finalist. For much of his career, Lance Briggs was the best linebacker on that team.

If Urlacher had played for a smaller market team like the Panthers or Jaguars or Chargers, he never would have been considered a candidate for the Hall.

I think Urlacher's the most overrated player of the 21st century. He had maybe a four year period where he was a great player, but so did James Harrison and the latter isn't going to the Hall of Fame. So did Bob Sanders, for that matter, and he'll never even be a finalist. For much of his career, Lance Briggs was the best linebacker on that team.

If Urlacher had played for a smaller market team like the Panthers or Jaguars or Chargers, he never would have been considered a candidate for the Hall.

How do you know James Harrison won't be a hall of famer? Add 2-3 more super Bowl wins to his resume and you never know.:D

Boselli getting the Terrell Davis treatment.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back