PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am intrigued by this guy the more that I find out about him. Admittedly I have never seen him play but as I read more about him, he is coming close to being my 2nd round binky.

This come from draftscouts via CBSSportsline

Hall Davis DELa.-LafayetteThe 6-5, 272-pound end could endear himself to 3-4 teams by participating in linebacker drills. After more than holding his own in the Sun Belt, he has the athleticism to perform well on this all-important stage.

Then Pro Football Weekly calls him a unique athlete for his size with a big upside. And,could play OLB for the right 3-4 team.

I think the Patriots may be the right 3-4 team.

2nd round seems a bit high. He has the athletic ability, but not the production. That would make me question his football smarts, and his ability to learn a new position. BB succeeded in turning Guyton into a starting caliber LB by taking the thinking out of his job. If we did take Hall we would have to do the same thing. I'm interested.

2nd round seems a bit high. He has the athletic ability, but not the production. That would make me question his football smarts, and his ability to learn a new position. BB succeeded in turning Guyton into a starting caliber LB by taking the thinking out of his job. If we did take Hall we would have to do the same thing. I'm interested.

Interesting prospect.

NFLDraftScout.com projects him anywhere from the 4th round to a UDFA.

I am a bit surprised that he got a Combine invite with all the ones who didn't. After receiving the Combine invite, he reneged on his agreement to participate in the Texas vs. The Nation Game and also turned down an invite to play in the Senior Bowl.

Personally, I think those were both bad moves on his part. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that, had he played in those two game, he'd have assured himself of getting drafted had he played well..

Now, there will be questions about his commitment.

I am a bit surprised that he got a Combine invite with all the ones who didn't. After receiving the Combine invite, he reneged on his agreement to participate in the Texas vs. The Nation Game and also turned down an invite to play in the Senior Bowl.

Personally, I think those were both bad moves on his part. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that, had he played in those two game, he'd have assured himself of getting drafted had he played well..

unless someone thinks he is committed to preparing for the combine......

in other words, there are plenty of reasons.......getting hurt for one......maybe what he needs to improve his stock is a good combine performance rather than a good game

That's what I was saying about his production. He probably thinks he can get drafted if he can wow people at the combine instead of displaying his football ability against top competition.

Last edited:
unless someone thinks he is committed to preparing for the combine......

in other words, there are plenty of reasons.......getting hurt for one......maybe what he needs to improve his stock is a good combine performance rather than a good game

Coming out of a small school like he is, one of the big questions will be the level of competition he played against. Coming out and doing either one or BOTH of the Bowl games would have put him in a position to show off his stuff against top notch competition.

I'll be honest, the combine helps sort out some of the chaff, but game film is what does it. BB has said it. Others have as well. Turning down those invites to go to the combine is more likely to have people going back to the game tape and reviewing his films with a fine tooth comb than it is to help him.

From what I understand he was injured. So he decided not to participate in the postseason bowl games and instead wait for the Combine and his Pro day to show off his stuff. Getting yourself injured in an exhibition game doesn't make sense to me. I think he made the right move. NFL personnel people were going to look at his game film regardless of if he played in an exhibition bowl game.

From what I understand he was injured. So he decided not to participate in the postseason bowl games and instead wait for the Combine and his Pro day to show off his stuff. Getting yourself injured in an exhibition game doesn't make sense to me. I think he made the right move. NFL personnel people were going to look at his game film regardless of if he played in an exhibition bowl game.

Found where it said he had tweaked his hamstring in training for the combine...

If that is truly the case, then I guess that he can't be blamed for pulling out, though he supposedly pulled out from the Texas vs,. the Nation game because of the combine invite, not the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes