Welcome to PatsFans.com

Guys they missed on

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mcbee, Apr 30, 2007.

1. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Harris 1st round. Maybe they didn't have him rated that highly. Must have been a smokescreen?

Bradley, 3rd round but would have needed a trade up.
    Bush 3rd round.

Gattis 5th round, IIRC
    Wendling 5th round, IIRC
    Courtney Brown, 7th round. This one surprised me...all the talent in the world and they chose a guy who prob. won't even make the practice scquad, Oscar Lua.

They also got a couple guys who most likely would have been undrafted. But what do I know?

It'll be interesting to follow how players I thought were good do in the pros.

They did get Mike Richardson, who, on paper, seems to have alot of potential.
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I am glad we have the DEFINITIVE take on the draft so far...always good to have it so quick..
  3. naclone

naclone Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

even if they do well in the pros, there is no telling if what they bring to the table is necessarily what the pats were/are looking for.

factor in it's just going to be awfully hard to make this team at any position right now.

pats did the right thing by not tying up roster spots and cap space to guys they simply don't think are worth it and hoping things are better next year. they have a good enough team to punt, so they did.

i predict that a lot of teams who couldn't afford to pass on this draft class will find themselves committed to guys that simply aren't all that good and they won't improve much.
  4. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How can we say they missed on them? They were there for the taking, and the pats passed on them. Seems to me that they had their reasons.
  5. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yes they did have a reason. THEY DID NOT WANT THEM. Just because we feel that a player is good for this team does not mean that BB/Pioli agrees that player is good for us. It is clear that they did not like this draft. I heard on Sports Final that they were actively trying to trade most of their picks.