PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guy-Lussac's Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
OK. Let's get this worked out in one EASILY accessible place, links to which can perhaps be placed in other forums as need be.

Gay-Lussac's law says pressure is proportional to temperature. Presumably it assumes constant volume, but that's very close to being the case.

I imagine this is the total pressure, while the 12.5 figure is the relative pressure -- i.e., the relevant pressure figure is 12.5 PSI + 14.5 PSI = 27 PSI, give or take rounding, in that 14.5 PSI is a reasonable figure for sea level atmospheric pressure.

The temperatures in question are all a little below 300 Kelvin (which is 80 Farenheit or so). 5 degrees Farenheit is a little below 3 degrees Kelvin (actually, it's 25/27 * 3 degrees). So 5 degrees Farenheit should induce a little more than 25/27 * 1% change in that 27 PSI. I.e., a change of 5 degrees Farenheit equates to a change of about .25 PSI.

How am I doing?

Last edited:
Poorly
You need to read the 50 other calculation posts on this topic before starting a separate thread

• Gay-Lussac's law, not Guy-Lussac's.
  • Pressure is directly proportional to temperature (that is, both go up or both go down).

• Gay-Lussac's law, not Guy-Lussac's.
  • Pressure is directly proportional to temperature (that is, both go up or both go down).
Fixed the second. Not sure how to fix a thread title, alas.

Poorly
You need to read the 50 other calculation posts on this topic before starting a separate thread

What's wrong with my (approximated for the purpose of simplification) calculations?

What's wrong with my (approximated for the purpose of simplification) calculations?

the fact that around 400 people have done the same thing in the 30 other threads on this topic.

you didn't need to create a brand new thread rehashing the same information for what equates to jaywalking in the nfl. everyone does it, it's never been a problem, its only a problem now because of the patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST