PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Dad and Upbringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCSVEN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Papa Gronkowski shares money lessons he instilled in his successful sons - Baltimore Sun

Reading Kiplinger magazine came a cross a brief/short interview with Gordon Gronkowski, the clan's father. I thought it is interesting enough to post, repeats the story we've heard where Rob Gronk is not spending any NFL salary.

It would appear the family strength lies in athletics but having two graduate cum laude and one up for Rhodes Scholar I think goes to the idea Gronk and his football smarts adds a lot to his physical ability and he is no dummy outside of football.

Also interesting he had the same jeans he wore in high school up until last year..

The interview in the magazine has a few more lines but the gist of it was captured in the link above.

When Rob first signed, he put every penny in the bank. We're not out there buying white tigers or Lamborghinis. Up until last year, Rob was wearing the same jeans he wore in high school. But we also have fun. It's not like we hoard it all. We had a rule in our family: If you really want something, hold off for two weeks. If you still want it, go buy it.

Good advice.

Damn, i wish i could wear my jeans from high school....in fact I wish i could wear my jeans from just a couple of years ago. I recently tried and my fiance was crying from laughing so hard. It was a struggle indeed. Time to start running

I always thought it unfortunate that we don't have a mandatory personal finance class in high school.

Personal finance and probability/statistics, two things EVERYBODY needs to understand and so few are taught. Meanwhile every kid considering college has to buckle down on trigonometry.

/curmudgeon

Personal finance and probability/statistics, two things EVERYBODY needs to understand and so few are taught. Meanwhile every kid considering college has to buckle down on trigonometry.

/curmudgeon

This cannot be overstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back