PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk on IR officially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart move. Nothing good would come from rushing him into a big game and long term damage would suck. Let him rehab properly and go from there. Get on with the season with what you will have to work with for a run at The Lombardi.

Reminds me of losing Lewis last year. The end of “unstoppable spectacular offense“ pleasure. The beginning of “fight for every yard“ pleasure.

The only regret I have is that the long dream of the great TE tandem was in play for just four games. Its not a loss for the Pats and their fans only .. its a loss for every fan wanting to see something special in the game.

Although he wont be around for any decisive game this season he did gave Pats two important away wins.

About all the rest: The next man up. No team should ever depend on one player. Moreover: If any roster was build to cope with this kind of losses its this one. They showed they can do it without TB and I am sure they will show they can do it without Gronk as well.

If this team by any chance doesn't make it .. it will not be about Gronk. Period.

After they lost Lewis, they were carving the Giants up until Edelman got hurt. Lewis was a big loss, but Edelman was the killer. And before Lewis was lost, they had struggled some - especially vs the Jets, some vs the Colts. Lack of a consistent running game was a big problem - with or without Lewis.

If they win the SB somewhat comfortably w/o Gronk, I put him up to the highest non AFC bidder in the offseason. Look what happened in Detroit once CJ retired. Offense got better.

Get a decent haul back and build for the future. Kinda like a Herschel Walker trade. Propelled Dallas to their SB dynasty.

What if Gronk could do the same?

If they win the SB somewhat comfortably w/o Gronk, I put him up to the highest non AFC bidder in the offseason. Look what happened in Detroit once CJ retired. Offense got better.

Get a decent haul back and build for the future. Kinda like a Herschel Walker trade. Propelled Dallas to their SB dynasty.

Pass whatever you're smoking this way ASAP

Which routes will protect his back?
Any routes where he doesn't have to lay his body out in dramatic fashion would be in the best interest for all parties involved.

I'm sure he and Belichick can come up with some reasonable alternatives to flying through the air or limiting his exposure to injury on some level.

People are genuinely concerned about his ability to play in the future and rightfully so. I'd be curious to know if anyone has ever returned from a third diskectomy, at least successfully.

I'm not sure we'd get anything near what you're suggesting.

After last season, the Pats went out and got a TE, Quick inside and outside WR and drafted a decent rookie WR. They still have weapons, and they still have Mr. Perfect at QB.

Just hope Fishface doesn't pull a John Kreese on Lewis or Edelman, like the dirty little so&so he is.

What a shame! Young man having to go through so many surgeries. We can see how much his passion is for football with his work ethic and how he has fun 'Doing His Job' too. As much as he will be missed, I'd rather see him out rest of this season and get back to form for 2017 ready to go.

Any routes where he doesn't have to lay his body out in dramatic fashion would be in the best interest for all parties involved.

I'm sure he and Belichick can come up with some reasonable alternatives to flying through the air or limiting his exposure to injury on some level.

While your approach is reasonable, it is not practical or realistic.

I can understand running more deep outs or go patterns but I don't think that will help much.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Develin, I think he is overrated. Maybe we can get some of Foster in there too although he isn't really needed with White and Lewis. Anybody know anything about Matt Lengel?

Cannot believe anyone thought he was coming back this year. The thing is it wouldn't be a backbreaking loss if the defense wasn't complete garbage.

Since it is pats have to out score teams which is going to be tough without Gronk.

Should he return next year the routes he runs are going to have to change towards keeping him healthy ...
Exactly.

This is 2012 all over again, and for that I blame Bill, Skippy & Brady. They haven't learned a feckin thing in 4 years.

If anyone DVRed the Jesters game, go to the play during which the 1st incompletion to Gronk was thrown, and count how many rcceivers were running WIDE OPEN, especially Amendola.
That pass never, ever, EVER should have been thrown to Gronk, or to - more correctly - a DOUBLE
TEAMED Gronk…or, even more correctly, an ALREADY HURTING, double-teamed Gronk.

Inexcusable, piss-poor situational awareness. Thanks for nothing, "geniuses".

Exactly.

This is 2012 all over again, and for that I blame Bill, Skippy & Brady. They haven't learned a feckin thing in 4 years.

If anyone DVRed the Jesters game, go to the play during which the 1st incompletion to Gronk was thrown, and count how many rcceivers were running WIDE OPEN, especially Amendola.
That pass never, ever, EVER should have been thrown to Gronk, or to - more correctly - a DOUBLE
TEAMED Gronk…or, even more correctly, an ALREADY HURTING, double-teamed Gronk.

Inexcusable, piss-poor situational awareness. Thanks for nothing, "geniuses".

you can't play football playing scared or defensive. I think they know what they are doing with 4 SBs and 6 SB appearances

you can't play football playing scared or defensive. I think they know what they are doing with 4 SBs and 6 SB appearances

I love how people just point to the rings and pretty much say well they know what they are doing.

Did BB know what he was doing we he traded branch and had brady roll with Caldwell and Gabriel? Was it a good idea to do that stupid pooch drop kick agaist Philly last year or to have Jackson run the ball 600 times in the first half againt Miami? **** like that cost the pats at the very least a couple of SB appearances.

BB is a great coach but that doesn't mean we should never be criticized for his choices. The defense sucks and that is 100% on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call