PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk on IR officially

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bummer. But if they were pretty certain he wasn't going to make it back, then it is what it is and at least this ends the speculation.

Averages 11 games a year....That really boosts his per game compensation...Gronk inc. is doing real well...

Tell everybody
Waitin' for Gronkerman
That they should try to hold on
The best they can
He hasn't dropped them
Forgot them
Or anything
It's just too heavy for Gronkerman to lift.

This is best for everyone; the Pats realize that they must survive without divine Gronkervention and Gronk can heal and get back to being GRONK.

Last edited:
Not trying to knock the Rams too much but time for the O to experiment and start acclimating to life after Gronk. Only thing I don't like about tomorrow is Martellus being gimpy also. Bad injuries starting to mount as the Pats head into the most critical stretch of the schedule.

Anyone else think they should bench Bennett and save him for all the AFC/divisional opponents coming up?

I actually feel relieved for him that he is on IR ...

his health and life going forward is more important than the team.

Should he return next year the routes he runs are going to have to change towards keeping him healthy ...

Tunescribe you think the team is more important than his life after football?

The certainty is good - no wondering what might be or not. This is not 2013, there are plenty of targets for Brady. The offense will run through Edelman, but if teams really clamp on his underneath stuff, Hogan and Mitchell are going to see significant targets. I think we will see more Develin in the game without the 2 TEs, and more passing when Develin is in. I think they threw it at least 2 or 3 times last week when Develin was in. Got to keep teams honest.

Not surprising. Hope this offense can still be sharp enough. I think this will put more pressure on this defense to step up.

I'm glad Mitchel stepped up last game. I love Amendola, he is incredibly clutch AND has great hands, but he doesn't get much separation. 3/1/1 Formation with Hogan, Edelman, Mitchell / Bennett / Lewis is still a formidable bunch

This is best for Gronk and the Patriots.

They brought him back right away after the arm injury and then he tried making acrobatic catches on deep throws, -->season ending. Same thing again this year bringing him back as soon as they could and got him reinjured again. Let him go and hopefully heal right this time before they throw him out there again. Hope he can come back.

I actually feel relieved for him that he is on IR ...

his health and life going forward is more important than the team.

Should he return next year the routes he runs are going to have to change towards keeping him healthy ...

Which routes will protect his back?

Gronkowski's Season Comes to an End, Officially Placed on IR

Ian Logue

Many people may have been wondering what the future might held for Rob Gronkowski in terms of a possible heroic return in January (or February), but it appears we now know the answer.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Get well Gronk, quality of life is more important than football. Hopefully you will come back strong next year. in the meantime, we are on to LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back