PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard:Upon closer review, it’s all on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) The point about the Patriots OL is salient. The Patriots OL has been extremely effective for many weeks now. I would be shocked to see the Ol suffer a performance like they did in the Last Giant-Patriot SB.

2) The Giants D simply is not as impressive as Bedard and so many others are asserting. Capable of having a very good game? yes. Just as capable of giving up lots of yards and not being impressive? Yes. You would never have said that about the 85 bears, 03 Ravens and other teams that had actual scary defenses.

3) I agree with Bedard about the Giants similarities to Pitt regarding disguised coverages and their ability to move the ball down the field as easily as Pitt did.

Bottom line: All these points are intertwined. i) The Giants will likely amass a lot of yards. ii) The Patriot OL will likely give good protection. iii) The Giants will likely throw a lot of disguised coverages at TB.
This all adds up to the most critical point of the game, TB. It's a raw deal to put so much on TB but imho the Patriots will not win if he doesn't bring his A game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News