PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great quote from Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
From Mike Reiss' NFL Notes today:

At the end of the session, Belichick took written questions from students, one being, "Who is the most talented athlete you've ever coached in your 34-year NFL career and why?"

"I would have to say Lawrence Taylor," Belichick responded. "I would just say that I probably coached a number of players, a dozen players, with as much talent as Lawrence Taylor that you've probably never heard of, but they just didn't have the desire or the ability to take that talent and transfer it onto the football field.

"They were good individual athletes, but they weren't necessarily good football players, relative to players like Tom Brady or Troy Brown, or players like that who few would say, 'This is the greatest athlete I've ever coached.'

"But Tom Brady is probably the greatest football player I've ever coached."

Goes to show you why the draft is so hard to predict.

What a fantastic quote. The end gives me chills.

What a fantastic quote. The end gives me chills.

The chills...?? Wow, if you're married, all you're husband has to do is stick in a taped interview of 'ol coach Belichik & it's lights out?:confused:

You're a rare woman!;)

The chills...?? Wow, if you're married, all you're husband has to do is stick in a taped interview of 'ol coach Belichik & it's lights out?:confused:

You're a rare woman!;)

Yeah, I'm not sure it's such a good thing. It seems like it would be a good thing, but ask him how things were the night of the Superbowl that Never Happened. Pretty not good.

He's more a college basketball guy anyway.

awesome words from Coach B. Tom really looks like Poetry on a football field.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's such a good thing. It seems like it would be a good thing, but ask him how things were the night of the Superbowl that Never Happened. Pretty not good.

He's more a college basketball guy anyway.

I think I speak for all guys when I say that that's a pretty small price to pay. Especially since, if he's a sports fan, he totally understands anyways

You're a rare woman!;)
I'd never put myself in the ranks of BC, but....not so rare :)

The chills...?? Wow, if you're married, all you're husband has to do is stick in a taped interview of 'ol coach Belichik & it's lights out?

You're a rare woman!

Or if he wants a real wild ride he could put on a grey hoodie before lovemaking. :D

I am surprised that Belichick talked up a current player.:singing:

I think I speak for all guys when I say that that's a pretty small price to pay. Especially since, if he's a sports fan, he totally understands anyways

He was indeed quite understanding, especially after Vandy was ousted in round one of the NCAA tournament.

BTW, he'd never wear a grey hoodie. The grey hoodie is MINE.

*waves to nhpatsfan* Yup, we're definitely around.

I'd never put myself in the ranks of BC, but....not so rare :)

There are no ranks here...as a man, I'm encouraged to here another woman let us men know how many "football freak" women are out there!

We can only hope to lucky enough to find one!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3