PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski looked like Gramatica today with the FG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I hope it is a fluke but I didn't like what we saw when Gost kicked that field goal,It was too low and too easy to block..He looked more like Martin did which is why Gramatica lost the job,too low kicks,and that could have been considered a game winning one or one to seal the game at least - I don't miss Adam but for that split second when that kick got blocked...Is that a side of doom to come? I see us giving Martin a call if more low kicks and blocks like that happen in the near future...We don't win easily and can't F*** around with screwing up a chip shot FG!

Rookie...will learn.

If you think that the block was Gost's fault then you didn't pay attention to the play. The guy who blocked the kick came through the line almost completely untouched. He was atleast 2 yards into the backfield when he knocked it down. So if you want to blame someone blame Paxton!

The whole play looked awkward as the ball was snapped back angled almost directly back at the holder and not off to his side to allow an easy transition to spot the ball down.

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
I hope it is a fluke but I didn't like what we saw when Gost kicked that field goal,It was too low and too easy to block..He looked more like Martin did which is why Gramatica lost the job,too low kicks,and that could have been considered a game winning one or one to seal the game at least - I don't miss Adam but for that split second when that kick got blocked...Is that a side of doom to come? I see us giving Martin a call if more low kicks and blocks like that happen in the near future...We don't win easily and can't F*** around with screwing up a chip shot FG!
For one, it wasn't Gost's fault AT ALL. Two, you make no sense. If he did kick it low, like Martin, why would they call Martin? So Gost can learn how not to kick?

groundgame said:
The whole play looked awkward as the ball was snapped back angled almost directly back at the holder and not off to his side to allow an easy transition to spot the ball down.

Absolutely and it threw his timing off by a 1/2-step. He was leaning the wrong way when he started because not only was the ball off line but it was sideways. Perhaps a veteran makes the adjustment there...I don't know...but I don't blame the kid...in fact I love the height on his FG's.

The great Vinatieri actually has had 3 kicks blocked in his career. One in his rookie year.

Let's give the kid a break.

I'd honestly rather see a block rather than a horrible shank.

Last edited:
sharpen your pitch forks we are going on a witch hunt

i didn't TIVO but it almost looked as if a couple of guys climbed their teammates back to get higher and b;ock the kick. The kick seemed to be going in the right direction and was getting up in the air.

patsfan13 said:
i didn't TIVO but it almost looked as if a couple of guys climbed their teammates back to get higher and b;ock the kick. The kick seemed to be going in the right direction and was getting up in the air.

I don't know if they did but that's penalty.

NEM said:
BINGO!!!!!! I said the same thing when I watched it , that one of their defenders used the back of another to block the ball....and it should have been called back for a violation.
Bullfeathers - OC missed a block, nothing illegal, and easily fixed when Dante grabs his ear and takes him to the woodshed.

Ghost will be just fine.The kick was botched from the start.I'm more worried about the kids confidence going forward then I am about him having kicked it bad..Ya know?

What impressed me was immediately after the block Gostkowski raced to the ball (knocking a teamate over) to help stop the Jets from returing the block for a tieing TD. Watch the replay.

Patriotic said:
What impressed me was immediately after the block Gostkowski raced to the ball (knocking a teamate over) to help stop the Jets from returing the block for a tieing TD. Watch the replay.
He has to be careful with that, Neal was in there and tripped Vilma up - luckily Gostkowski and O'Callaghan were behind Neal's charge and were there to fall on Vilma as he went down.

I love Neal's hustle on these plays, when things go to crap he's busting his butt to get in there and stop the defense - Twiggy got hurt that way, but he'd have never stopped that defender, it took Neal's bulk to do the job, darned twig got in the way.

mgcolby said:
If you think that the block was Gost's fault then you didn't pay attention to the play. The guy who blocked the kick came through the line almost completely untouched. He was atleast 2 yards into the backfield when he knocked it down. So if you want to blame someone blame Paxton!
Really? I could have sworn it was a D lineman or LB that jumped up and blocked it. I'll have to check the replay.

They analyzed it on the post game show and the concensus was it was a low kick. It was Vilma who got a hand on it but he was bent over forward when it got a paw on it ergo it was low. They didn't analyze the snap which may have contributed to it.

MoLewisrocks said:
They analyzed it on the post game show and the concensus was it was a low kick. It was Vilma who got a hand on it but he was bent over forward when it got a paw on it ergo it was low. They didn't analyze the snap which may have contributed to it.

Well, whether or not it was a low kick, this is a good learning experience for Gostkowski. I mean, at least that blocked kick didn't lose the game for us, it could have been way worse for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes