PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell's newest anti-Patriots weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think it's an anti-Patriots weapon, then why don't you STAWWP WATCHINGGG?!?!?

:eek:o_O:eek:o_Oo_Oo_O
I'm going to stop reading your posts unless you change that damn sig to:

Goose face.jpg

Offensive pass interference! That's it, you're outta here!

BZaHGV2IgAAsIwv.jpg

As long as Goodell can be thrown out when HE violates the rules of the NFL ("a person of unquestioned integrity shall be hired by the League") then I'm fine on this for the players too

This rule doesn't look designed to damage the Patriots. That said, don't think for a moment that there is a tool at Goodell's disposal that he wouldn't use against the Pats if given the opportunity.

Last edited:
"Number 12 has been ejected from the game for completing ten passes in a row causing a competitive imbalance for the team in green's defense. The league has emphasized over the headset that the cap has been reduced to three consecutive passing going forward for number 10 and then he will likewise be ejected."

Goodhell reminds me of the 10-year old boy in that Twilight Zone episode, where he could make people disappear if he didn't like what they were doing,where everyone walked on eggshells in fear of doing something to displease him.
....or North Korea now.

What was funny about that play was all the suits trying to say no penalty occurred, it's OK to hug a reciever while the balls in the air.

If I remember it right, the reasoning was that it wasn't a catchable ball.

Of course its not catchable if a DB is allowed to do this to the receiver. No pass would be.

Here:

Last edited:
I'm still irate that the NFL, for no apparent reason, decided to hold off on letting teams trade their comp picks until next year. It isn't just a coincidence that THIS year the Pats have 4 comp picks. :rolleyes:

They can, technically, eject coaches or assistants from the game as well.

No one is safe from the demands of absolute game control by that narcissistic psychopath Goodell and his thug monkey sycophant crew.

Goodhell reminds me of the 10-year old boy in that Twilight Zone episode, where he could make people disappear if he didn't like what they were doing,where everyone walked on eggshells in fear of doing something to displease him.

Except that BB doesn't fear Goodell or walk delicately on eggshells rather he skips his speeches and stomps on his eggshells.

They can, technically, eject coaches or assistants from the game as well.

No one is safe from the demands of absolute game control by that narcissistic psychopath Goodell and his thug monkey sycophant crew.

I guess I could make a killing with a Gillette lamp & bottle concession.

Not sure if this means if the team commits multiple or if the coach does

But I could see it now Patriots get a couple of bogus personal fouls called in the 1st half and Belichick gets tossed for the rest of the game.

...which was a complete embarrassment to the game.

Not sure the eye poke from Talib warrants an ejection but it would come real close.

If that doesn't, nothing does.

All refs suck. That is an absolute truth, but this past season was probably the best officiating weve received in years. Very few holding calls and mysterious false starts. Our secondary wasnt hit with too many bogus flags either. I can think of 2 such as the garbage call against Chung in reg denver game and 1 against Sheard against DALLAS.

Overall not too bad and it isnt like there are too many Burficts and Suhs running around.

While I agree on your above specific points of good refing, overall the year long witch hunt on every Gronk "push off", especially early in year, WAS atrocious. It really killed us in several games, and strangely enough, never seemed to be called on any opposing player with such regularity, or called on the twice as many grabs by LBs on #87 before a such minor "push off" or "bump" occurred.

That's how they're selling it but it will be applied to favor certain teams in certain games.
It always starts as something benign and seems to make sense. It's how it gets used after the fact that alarms most of us. *note I'm staying away from drawing political comparisons too*

We have witnessed how 1-2 teams have been treated differently and how the majority, who are unaffected, seem to think it's ok. As long as it's the many to the few, they will seem to think it's ok (as long as its not them),

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back