PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell on Raiders to LV - it could be done with "integrity" {sigh}

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Goodell said:
All of us have evolved a little bit on gambling,” Goodell said. “To me, where I cross the line is anything that can impact on the integrity of the game. If people think it is something that can influence the outcome of a game, we are absolutely opposed to that.”

Goodell on Vegas: “All of us have evolved a little bit on gambling”

It's not all about the money - right.

The Raiders have a big fan base in LA - why didn't you just let them move there? Kronke is your buddy - Davis isn't - I get it.

Sports in general, MLB in particular would not touch Las Vegas because of the gambling issues, but Goodell is now open.

To pontificate on integrity and consider Vegas is hypocrisy.

inigo-montoya-you-keep-using-that-word-i-dont-think-it-means-what-you-th-3b4b2920-sz625x625-animate.jpg

I would love to lock him in a room for a month with "integrity" being repeated 24/7.

I think he uses that word so much because he has a limited vocabulary. He's not a smart man. He is nothing but a dimwitted Senator's son who was given a job in the NFL's front office because of his father's connections and never left. Now, he's a useful idiot who acts as the whipping boy for the billionaire owners who don't want to take the heat for issues such as head injuries and domestic violence.

Delaware and New Jersey have each tried to legalize sports gambling (meaning true, unrestricted sports gambling) and nobody went after them harder than the NFL.

They get away with the hypocrisy of playing in London because people don't really associate London with gambling, but Las Vegas and gambling is synonymous. It would be pretty tough to have a franchise there and still argue about how horrible, horrible legalized sports gambling is.

The NFL has always been an incredibly Vegas-friendly league. Injury reports exist entirely to make betting easier, at the expense of the players' health (since they make it easier to target existing injuries).

If the league believes that there's more money to be made in Vegas, a team will move there. And yeah, meanwhile Roger will sit around shouting 'integrity' into a microphone until the word has had all the meaning beaten right out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST