PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good story on Bob Lobel's fight to be able to walk again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lobel slowly learns to walk again through rehab at Westborough's Whittier

Ironically authored by former Worcester Telegram writer Ken Powers, who was fired for plagiarism a number of years ago.

Lobel, in fact, doesn't walk anywhere anymore -- not with out the assistance of crutches or canes. Two years ago Lobel was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, which is the narrowing of areas in the lumbar (back) and/or cervical (neck) spine, and which causes pressure on the spinal cord and on one or more of the spinal nerves.

Since then Lobel has had three surgeries relating to the disease -- on his neck, on his mid-back and on his lower back.

Lobel was making steady progress from the surgeries until Dec. 30, when, while filling bird feeders in the backyard of his Dover home, he fell and broke the femur in his right leg in four places.

While walking with the use of just one cane remain's Lobel's ultimate goal during his rehab, there are a couple of things that motivate him during his recovery.

"I'd like to be able to walk my daughter down the aisle," Lobel said. "Savannah is only 15 so I know I have enough time to be able to do that. I really, really want to be able to walk her down the aisle when the time comes."

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that. Good luck and blessings to Bob and his family.

Best wishes for Bob Lobel,I liked him as a broadcaster.

I wish him the best. Walking his daughter down the aisle is something I sincerely hopes he achieves.

Best wishes to Bob Lobel. Hang in there, man. I just completed 6 weeks of PT on my upper back/neck and was able to escape the knife for now. Make sure to follow everything your physical therapists say.

Best wishes Bob - always enjoyed your broadcasts and I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Omy I'm sorry to hear about his fall:( Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!

Omy I'm sorry to hear about his fall:( Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!

Absolutely. It can be a frustrating and frightening thing, but daughters have a way of warming their father's heart, and motivating them to do the seemingly impossible.

Gotta love it. :D

Lobel was making steady progress from the surgeries until Dec. 30, when, while filling bird feeders in the backyard of his Dover home, he fell and broke the femur in his right leg in four places.

"Where I am now is where I was, pretty much, before I broke my femur. That set me back about four months," said Lobel, who no longer feeds the birds in his backyard. "I don't even look at the birds anymore. They're on their own," Lobel said. "They won that round, now they have to try and find food somewhere else. No good deed goes unpunished."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back