PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

God, Cowboys fans are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm Ron Borges?

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know that's not a big newsflash but a buddy of mine is a big Cowboys fan and on one of their message boards they have a thread going about who is better, Brady or Aikman. So he gives me his password and stuff so I can read it and all but one reasonable guy says Aikman. I know that same brave person would get similar treatment here for saying the right thing against the crowd but they are all ganging up on him telling him he isn't a real Cowboys fan. It's too bad you can't read the thread because he's destroying them with his argument.

His main defense is Aikman was a very good quarterback but was helped out by being on a great team and the system he was in. He then said you could have argued the same thing about Brady until last year when he had no running game, injuries at both offensive line and receiver, a leaky defense for most of the year and still finished third in the MVP voting. His point was as good as Aikman was, he never was able to put his team on his back like Brady did last year, plus he has 3 Super Bowl titles to boot. He asked, what would Brady do with that line, Emmitt, Irvin and Novacek? Throw for 4,500 yards instead of 4,110 like he did last year?

People said the NFL was much tougher back then - which it was - but he pointed out that Aikman played until 2000 when the league was already watered down and the Cowboys made the playoffs in 1999 with an 8-8 record. Yet, by that point Aikman had turned into just a slightly above average quarterback because he didn't have a great team around him.

Then, of course, the morons who never saw a Patriots game said Brady wasn't as accurate as Aikman was and couldn't play in a timing offense. Now, we all know Aikman was a very accurate QB but as he mentioned, you can put Brady's accuracy up against any quarterback in NFL history, so they're either making it up or they never watch the Patriots play.

He closed by saying that Aikman was never considered the best QB in the NFL during his playing days while Brady isn't just considered the best quarterback today, he's already being compared with some of the all-time greats, and that was never or never will be the case for Aikman. His final post was, "Go post this question on the message boards of the other 31 teams and counts up the votes. Let me know what you come up with and then you'll see what blind homers you all are and my point will be proven."

Anyway, I couldn't post the thread on here because you need to be a member to read it but I thought some of you might be interested to know that there is at least one honest, intelligent Dallas Cowboys fan on the planet. Out of all the poster, I think only one other guy said Brady. That's just ignorance. I even think if we posted Brady vs Montana on here, a lot of people would still say Montana but I could be wrong. Maybe the posters here would be just as blind but I don't think so.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
His point was as good as Aikman was, he never was able to put his team on his back like Brady did last year, plus he has 3 Super Bowl titles to boot. He asked, what would Brady do with that line, Emmitt, Irvin and Novacek? Throw for 4,500 yards instead of 4,110 like he did last year?
That's the way Cowboys fans are. They will accept nothing less than the notion that they had the best player at every position. Try and tell them Barry Sanders is better than Emmitt (but Emmitt played on a better team) and they go into conniptions.
I'm Ron Borges? said:
That's just ignorance. I even think if we posted Brady vs Montana on here, a lot of people would still say Montana but I could be wrong. Maybe the posters here would be just as blind but I don't think so.
IMHO, when having such a discussion, you have to go with real statistics and not projections. Therefore, at this point, I will say Montana is better than Brady. Now, 5 years from now that opinion might change. But when you go with what we have, Montana is the greatest of all time.

QuiGon said:
That's the way Cowboys fans are. They will accept nothing less than the notion that they had the best player at every position. Try and tell them Barry Sanders is better than Emmitt (but Emmitt played on a better team) and they go into conniptions.
IMHO, when having such a discussion, you have to go with real statistics and not projections. Therefore, at this point, I will say Montana is better than Brady. Now, 5 years from now that opinion might change. But when you go with what we have, Montana is the greatest of all time.

I saw Emmitt on "Quite Frankly" (No, I don't know why I was watching that show) and he himself said Sanders was the best back he's ever seen play with his own eyes. I'm sure not one Cowboys fan on the planet saw that one though. Although in this case, that may actually be true.

I also don't buy the fact that the NFL was tougher!

If you pool all the talent into 3 teams, doesn't that mean that the remainder of the teams are a joke?

And it certainly isn't the caliber of players in the league.

Today they are bigger and faster!

Now I know this is much earlier then we are discussing, but I think if you were able to take the 72 Dolphins and put them into todays league, I can't see how they would win a single game! There line wouldn't be able to hold off the weakest DLines today.

It is not meant as a slight on the Phins. It is what it is. Those were the players who played back then. And the Phins were the best!

As to Cowboy fans being homers, ALL FANS ARE HOMERS!

WE ALL ARE! MYSELF INCLUDED!

No fan base is any different then the other. I would expect Cowboy fans to pick Aikman.

If the roles were reversed, We would all be doing the same!

Now I personally do believe that even if I weren't a Cowboy fan, or a fan with an agenda that would cause me to hate the Pats or Cowboys, I would still feel that Brady was far better.

But I can't deny that atleast part of that reason is me being a Patriot fan!

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I saw Emmitt on "Quite Frankly" (No, I don't know why I was watching that show) and he himself said Sanders was the best back he's ever seen play with his own eyes. I'm sure not one Cowboys fan on the planet saw that one though. Although in this case, that may actually be true.

I saw him say the same during an NFL pregame show. And that was with Sanders sitting right next to him.

He never even hesitated. From his demeanor, I think he was sincere, and it wasn't false modesty.

QuiGon said:

But shouldn't real statistics also take into account who there supporting cast is?

Now, I am not claiming Brady is better then Montana.

But I think I can easily claim Montana had not only a better supporting cast, a far supperior supporting cast.

How many HOFers was Montana surrounded by?

How many of Brady's supporting cast do you expect to see in Canton?

Brady is only entering his 7th season and I think when it's all over, he'll be considered the best ever and you know I'm not a homer, I don't even like Mike Reiss.

re

I'm Ron Borges? said:
His main defense is Aikman was a very good quarterback but was helped out by being on a great team and the system he was in. He then said you could have argued the same thing about Brady until last year when he had no running game, injuries at both offensive line and receiver, a leaky defense for most of the year and still finished third in the MVP voting.

This is false, because Brady's 2001 season featured Antowain Smith, David Patten, and Troy Brown. The offensive line was also mediocre to poor.

In 2003, the Patriots still had Antowain Smith as their running back.

The only superbowl championship in which Brady had top weapons was 2004. Every other year with with mediocre offensive teammates.

re

sarge said:
Now, I am not claiming Brady is better then Montana.

But I think I can easily claim Montana had not only a better supporting cast, a far supperior supporting cast.

How many HOFers was Montana surrounded by?

This is also false. Joe Montana did not get Roger Craig until his 5th season, and Jerry Rice until his 7th season. By the time those guys joined the 29ers, Montana had already won superbowls, made famous drives, and become respected before those guys showed up. The famous Bengals comeback and famous 'The Catch' against the Cowboys were all before those offensive studs joined.

Montana's main weapon in his first half dozen years was Dwight Clark, who I guess you could say was like our Troy Brown in their relationship and productivity with the QB.

At this point Montana is still the best. In 4 superbowls, he threw something like 13 touchdowns and ZERO interceptions. However, if Chad Jackson becomes a stud like Rice was, and Maroney becomes anything like Roger Craig, then Brady will not only win superbowls but begin piling up huge stats as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents