Goal Line/Short Yardage

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Question - what do we know about perenniel goal line vulture/third and short guy Moe Williams?

Other than that he's available, and I doubt at a very high price?

It strikes me that we have plenty of variety in how to hurt a team on the ground, with Dillon, Maroney, and Faulk in the fold. But why not let a FA body take the pounding?

I know, I know... it's a role Dillon relishes. But I wouldn't mind having him AND Kool-Aid around a couple years.

Thoughts?

PFnV

im sure Dillon wont find scoring..even with bad season he scored a lot last year. i rather not sign another RB just for short yardage..we got Pass..Dillon..Mills..Evans. one will come out as a short line guy whoever makes it. Dillon or 1 of them

I just hope they don't use Seymour as a blocker there anymore. Use one of the big OL guys there instead.

thread coincidence... they're doing the mock depth chart. I was stumped on the "blocking back" categories, as the Pats seem to consolidate roster spots by having whoever's available play that position. Not sure if Williams brings any blocking ability to the table. I like his catching out of the backfield ability as well as short yardage ability. Dillon is great for short yardage, if you only want him another year. I think we stretch Dillon's productiveness by taking him off the goal line, and we get a versatile player if we go after Williams, who can put the last nail in Pass's coffin.

I do think he'll be available at a decent price for what he brings, which is important on a BB coached team, and he's an upgrade over Dillon, just in the sense of saving feature back wear&tear, and over Pass, who is more of a "nothing he stars in" utility type guy. Williams on another team would flirt with feature back potential.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes