PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe (Reiss, Gasper, Forsberg) 7/24 AM video/notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss: Seymour looked to be in great shape

Sleek Richard Seymour. Defensive lineman Richard Seymour was one player whose physical condition caught the eye. After the practice, Seymour noted that he’s lost about 10 pounds, while adding that he feels good about the work – both physically and diet-wise – that he’s put in during the offseason. Seymour compared his work this offseason to the last two years, when he said due to an injured knee he could not fully work out, if at all. He looks sharp from a pure physical standpoint, but cautioned that doesn’t mean much if he doesn’t perform on the field.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

This was real exciting to read. Seymour has always been a beast and seems like he is not only healthy again but un top physical form.

Re: Reiss: Seymour looked to be in great shape

That is so good to hear!

sounds like this years Wilfork with the slimming down.

It is good to hear. I am still cautiously optimisitic about Seymour rebounding to his All Pro form. I think injuries was his biggest problem the last two years, not him losing focus or declining as some outside observers have intimated.

Last edited:
Brady video on Reiss' blog

Short interview here.

The bit near the end about Jason Taylor is priceless. :rofl:

Last edited:

Good to hear. With the exception of the last two years, Seymour was dominating. Hopefully he can return to that form this year. Our defense will be unstoppable if those front three ALL play to Pro Bowl form.

Re: Brady video on Reiss' blog

Funny stuff indeed. Thanks for the link.

In my Seymour post that nobody cared about I said a smaller Seymour is key to his regaining his old form. A Seymour playing around 285-290 would be fun to watch.

sounds like this years Wilfork with the slimming down.
Speaking of which, from the video, Wilfork still occupies two parking spaces, but that's all in his shoulders.

I caught a glimpse of Maroney running through the stutter-step obstacles (whatever they're called -- that used to be tires in the old days). He looked like he had a little more heft, which is a good thing. If he's put on some pounds without losing any speed (I Trust In Woicik) he could deliver some hurt to opposing safeties.

Thats a good one,thanks.

:D I got a funny mental image of Brady and Light hopping up and down and hugging in the locker room like a couple of school girls when they found out the news on Taylor.

The Players Speak

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/07/patriots_player.html

Patriots players chat it up
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
July 24, 2008 01:58 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- Some chatter from Patriots players following their first training camp practice today:

DL Richard Seymour on the team’s collective mindset:
“Obviously the key word for us is ‘finishing’ this year – finishing plays, finishing practices, finishing drills. That’s our motivation so far.”

DL Richard Seymour on his offseason:“I wasn’t able to train the last two years because of my knee. It was painful to train. I was able to put the work in this offseason, and just feel good at this point. I’m excited about the things you might take for granted as a player.”

LB Adalius Thomas on what he looks to accomplish on the first few days of training camp:
“Football shape is different. Timing. Footwork. Handwork. It’s not like other sports, like in basketball, you can shoot free throws. You can’t come out here and tackle in the offseason. You can get in cardio shape, but you have to get in hitting shape.”

OL Matt Light on how much better the team can get after an 18-1 season:
“If you’re sitting in our meeting rooms, you’d realize that nothing is ever perfect. We always have something to work on. I’m not thinking big picture at this point. I don’t think anyone on this entire team, or organization, thinks big picture. It’s always ‘what are we going to do now, to make sure whatever happened in today’s practice gets better.’ If you’re looking ahead of that, good luck, I don’t think you’re going to get very far.”

LB Tedy Bruschi on the potential hangover from the loss in Super Bowl XLII:
“I think the biggest thing I can say is how you move on from a season is that after we’ve won, we’ve never dwelled on it either. So we’re not going to dwell on it when we lost. So it’s going to be the same. We never strutted our stuff around here after we’ve won Super Bowls, because we’ve forgot about them, instantaneously, once we came in for training camp because we know there was work to be done. It’s the same thing.”

LB Tedy Bruschi on the crowd that showed up to cheer players, even though the practice was closed to the public due to weather:“If there is any bright spot to training camp, one of them is when you see a lot of your fans in a close-up atmosphere. It’s really intimate around here, how close they are. I think the only downer about today was not [practicing] in front of fans.”

Gotta love the attitude of Tedy Bruschi. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

does brady seem alittle happier this year than other years?

does brady seem alittle happier this year than other years?

Yea, why?

I'll answer that, He knows what he has this year (i.e. No lingering questions about Randy or Wes) and he's gonna exploit it.

Get fired up folks, it's gonna be fun to watch.

Yea, why?

I'll answer that, He knows what he has this year (i.e. No lingering questions about Randy or Wes) and he's gonna exploit it.

maybe there is another reason?

Yea, why?

yeah, thats what i was thinking. its odd too, because he has won superbowls in years past but has always seemed mellow. this is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes