PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe hit job on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he's a very charitable guy. But that doesn't excuse assaulting cameramen or shunning proteges.

Shunning proteges? You are reaching now.

How is that a reach. Did he not publicly shun Mangini? Wasn't Belicheck his mentor?

I think I'd like to gain a better appreciation for your understanding of 'shunning'.

And then I'd like to ask you to apply it to a documented occurrence in which said shunning took place.

Please

Last edited:
This is generally a very good character group with a couple of screwballs.

char·ac·ter [kar-ik-ter]
–noun 1
moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.

How ethical is steroid use?

How is that a reach. Did he not publicly shun Mangini? Wasn't Belicheck his mentor?

What's that got to do with anything?

Are you that feebleminded and concerned whether there's a warm and fuzzy moment at the 50 yard line or not?

Do you know what their relationship was before and after Mangini became Head Coach? I don't.

I suggest you play with what your own two eyes saw and not media hype and manipulation.

I admit I love the coverage reporters get going into locker rooms and getting reactions but I never understood a reporters "right" to be in these type of situations. It's a football field for football personnel only. You can be there but should be there as a guest.

At least be thankful it was a shove and that he didn't Zeke Mowatt the guy.

I am amazed that people think "ANYONE" has the right to shove "ANYONE" out of the way, particularly someone who isn't even looking at you. Not only is that person not looking at you, but has their vision going through a camera while doing their job.

"IF" the football field is for football personnel only, then don't expect any photos of TB holding the SB trophy, and let's not have the presentation on the field, cause NBC, CBS, & ABC shouldn't be there, and by all means let's not have player's family come onto the field ever, not even the SB. And don't expect any photos in SI, Profootball weekly, in any newspaper. BTW, the NFL loves these "guests" on the field as "they" promote the league.

Did you shove any "guests" out of the way going to the dinner table over the holidays or did you exhibit any manners at all? BB actions were classless. He could have easily made his way to Mangina without shoving, it may have taken 10-20 additional seconds to act properly and he didn't. Yes, he did apologize, IMHO the apology falls way short.

I am amazed that people think "ANYONE" has the right to shove "ANYONE" out of the way, particularly someone who isn't even looking at you. Not only is that person not looking at you, but has their vision going through a camera while doing their job.

"IF" the football field is for football personnel only, then don't expect any photos of TB holding the SB trophy, and let's not have the presentation on the field, cause NBC, CBS, & ABC shouldn't be there, and by all means let's not have player's family come onto the field ever, not even the SB. And don't expect any photos in SI, Profootball weekly, in any newspaper. BTW, the NFL loves these "guests" on the field as "they" promote the league.

Did you shove any "guests" out of the way going to the dinner table over the holidays or did you exhibit any manners at all? BB actions were classless. He could have easily made his way to Mangina without shoving, it may have taken 10-20 additional seconds to act properly and he didn't. Yes, he did apologize, IMHO the apology falls way short.

is this a facetious post?

NO. It's not.

well then...umm...thhhanks...um...for the etiquette of post NFL playoff game behavior...umm...aaaand...um...your analysis of pushing...I guess...

What is classless is people like yourself commenting when BB has already apologized to the guy. The fact of the situation is that the guy was just as responsioble for the incident and BB DID try and move the guy out of the way with his left hand and the fat tub photographer wouldn't move.

Sorry, but the Photographer does NOT have the right to get in between 2 coaches after the game. Particularly after they shoved their way past the security. But, people like you seem like you have to be quick to judge without having the whole story.

well then...umm...thhhanks...um...for the etiquette of post NFL playoff game behavior...umm...aaaand...um...your analysis of pushing...I guess...

I can think of many games where shoving an opponent is perfectly fine, I still am looking for an acceptable reason to shove anyone in the face just because they are between you and where you want to go and haven't found one yet.

I can think of many games where shoving an opponent is perfectly fine, I still am looking for an acceptable reason to shove anyone in the face just because they are between you and where you want to go and haven't found one yet.

That's just it. BB did NOT shove the guy in the face. You don't even have your facts straight.

BB shoved the guys HAND. Look at the moron's McGrory's link to youtube if you need to look at it again.

Stop acting like BB went up to the guy and shove his hand in the guy's face to get him out of the way. That didn't happen. And, you still haven't acknowledged that BB DID, in fact, attempt to get by the guy by moving him with his left hand. The guy didn't move. What is your call on that one?

Sorry, but the guy was just as much at fault for being there as BB was for pushing him. The guy is one of several who pushed by the security and got in front of Mangini to cut BB off from being able to do the customary handshake.

I think most people agree with you that belichick was wrong and obviously, so does belichick, but the photogs are told ahead of time to stay out of the way of the players and coaches. The photogs are "guests" of the NFL and this particular "guest" was also in the wrong. IMO.

That is a ridiculous article. I can't believe that stuff actually gets punished. BB apologised for it yesterday, despite (to my mind) not having anything to apologise for.

The media should be more critical of themselves. It is they who pushed the stories that led to the scrum for the photos. It is their fault for putting the cameraman in that situation. They should at least bear some responsibility.

BB is one of the classiest coaches in football. Nothing in that article resonated with any of my opinions of BB at all.

It's not an "article" it's an opinion column. Big difference.

Personally, I have zero problem with what BB did. The guy was in the way. He shouldn't have been. BB executed a maneuver to get him out of the way. Saying he "violently" shoved him is absolutely absurd on every conceivable level.

Last edited:
Yes, he did apologize, IMHO the apology falls way short.

And as someone on the Globe message boards points out; He did apologize and Jim Davis accepted it so apparently it did not "fall short" for Jim Davis. Who are you to judge?

That's just it. BB did NOT shove the guy in the face. You don't even have your facts straight.

BB shoved the guys HAND. Look at the moron's McGrory's link to youtube if you need to look at it again.

Stop acting like BB went up to the guy and shove his hand in the guy's face to get him out of the way. That didn't happen. And, you still haven't acknowledged that BB DID, in fact, attempt to get by the guy by moving him with his left hand. The guy didn't move. What is your call on that one?

Sorry, but the guy was just as much at fault for being there as BB was for pushing him. The guy is one of several who pushed by the security and got in front of Mangini to cut BB off from being able to do the customary handshake.

I have watched many times and yes he shoved the cameramans hand and continued to push the hand and camera into the face. That's what I see. The gap was wide enough for BB to slide through without the push on the hand which caused the camera to be knocked against the face and away. H*ll, the gap was wider than some holes that Dillon goes through and Dillon makes less contact. If you're going to do the "customary handshake" which is a gentlemanly thing to do, then also show some common courtesy and ease on through without shoving.

The guy was not trying to cut BB and Mangini off from being able to make contact. He was moving backward while facing Mangini and wanted to get a photo. All the cameraman sees is what's through the lens. He has no idea of which direction BB is coming from. Please show some evidence of your claim that the cameraman pushed by security, there is none.

He has no idea of which direction BB is coming from.
Oh good Lord, they are on opposite sides of a football field, if one is coming from one direction, where on earth might the other be coming from?? Maybe I don't know....TOWARDS the other person????
Saying it was wrong to push him is one thing, saying the photographer didn't know BB would be approaching him from behind makes you look, well, stupid.

I have watched many times and yes he shoved the cameramans hand and continued to push the hand and camera into the face. That's what I see. The gap was wide enough for BB to slide through without the push on the hand which caused the camera to be knocked against the face and away. H*ll, the gap was wider than some holes that Dillon goes through and Dillon makes less contact. If you're going to do the "customary handshake" which is a gentlemanly thing to do, then also show some common courtesy and ease on through without shoving.

The guy was not trying to cut BB and Mangini off from being able to make contact. He was moving backward while facing Mangini and wanted to get a photo. All the cameraman sees is what's through the lens. He has no idea of which direction BB is coming from. Please show some evidence of your claim that the cameraman pushed by security, there is none.

WOW. Nice fantasy you have there.

1) Davis was right next to another photographer as BB approached.
2) BB placed his LEFT hand on Davis' shoulder and attempted to move Davis. Davis didn't budge.
3) It was only AFTER attempting to move Davis with his left hand that BB used his right to push Davis out of the way.
4) You are insane if you think BB did ANYTHING to embelish the shove.
5) You are whacked. Its called I watched it with my own EYES. That is the proof. Just like all the other camera men who were pushing and shoving on the field. Where is you comments about THEM? Yeah, that's what I thought. Friggin hypocrite.

Every reporter and photographer and camera man on that field was doing the same thing. Wedging themselves in blocking others from getting their shot. Selling newspapers. Trying to score a sound byte. Trying to get a Pulitzer. They shove each other all the time. I never said it was right for anyone to do that. I never made an excuse for him. Really, who even cares about the hug. But I bet it was on the front of some sports page. My point is there is no reason for all those reporters to swarm the field like that.

I did see the photo of TB holding the trophy and I remember where he was. On a podium at the time. I don't remember a photographer up there with him. i wonder if they used a zoom lens. The networks have it all worked out before the game that they will be interviewing a coach during the game and such. And yes I don't think they should be storming the field either. They hold press conferences for that stuff. As for promoting the league, the NFL is the one who awards contracts so these networks can broadcast the league. Each side is working to profit from each other. They can do it all with out being in their face.

You obviously don't have little kids. There was a lot of pushing and shoving around the holidays. But just as i don't condone anyone shoving anybody else I didn't allow it with my kids either. I never said I did in my post and for you to suggest I either condone "shoving" my guests or anyone else for that matter is ridiculous.

As for the act itself, what you see on youtube was a different angle than what I saw live. They had a camera (the one that hovers over the field) behind Mangina following BB from the sidelines. As he got closer the Paparazzi closed in and this guy stepped in front of him. he didn't intentionally grab the camera and shove it in the guy's face. Nor did he shove him. It was more like an LT (the real LT) arm bar to move the guy about a foot. The camera to the face was an unfortunate product of what happened. He shouldn't have done it but it it is not so over the top that he deserves the lashing he got from the globe.

He apologized and the camera man accepted. Case closed. The only reason this drags on is because the Pats organization is so tight lipped about anything and the media resents it. Bottom line.

Oh good Lord, they are on opposite sides of a football field, if one is coming from one direction, where on earth might the other be coming from?? Maybe I don't know....TOWARDS the other person????
Saying it was wrong to push him is one thing, saying the photographer didn't know BB would be approaching him from behind makes you look, well, stupid.

Watch a game or two and watch coaches meet afterwards. Because of the large number of people on the field, they don't always go in a straight line to one another.

Now, if you can think a little, imagine the face of the clock. Mangini is standing at 6:00, that doesn't mean that BB only can come from 12:00. He may slide in from 9:00 or from 3:00. Now, imagine you are a cameraman standing at 1:00 and looking through a lens at 6:00, can you tell if BB is coming from behind you on the left or right. Unless you have morphed into an alien from Mars or have eyes in the back of your head, you probably can't.

Now if you want to resort to name calling, we can, but you'll lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST