PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore returns, BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it up with the players themselves.

Patriots defensive backs say they’ve had communication breakdowns

Duron Harmon 10/16: 'Our communication is at a better level now'

No offense to you, and not meant to be directed at you, because you're just the guy who's playing the part of the straw tossed on the camel's back after Andy's asinine post, but I'm tired of having to argue the blatantly obvious around here.
Article you cite is before Tampa game. Issues were clearly improved in the Tampa game which Gilmore played in.
But you know that even if you forgot it when you made your original off base post.

To go back on topic..

Doesnt look good.. but his reaction on the sideline in some of the shots that followed also probably means it is not too bad.

But what the hell does Gilmore know about Gilmore's play, right?

I mean, Winston missing wide open receivers was all about improved communication in the Patriots secondary, and not about Winston making bad throws and reads.

Because homers.

Because recreate history.

Hope hightower isn't hurt badly.

Two biggest signings...

Remember when Parcells said Chris Slade was lost in the tall grass ie didn't know what was going on? That unfortunately is mr. Gilmore. Sad. Maybe we swallow some cap hit and trade him?

Bademosi represents what they need to do. Coach up smart, good athletes who are aggressive and good tacklers. Gilmore is 1 for 4 in those. Disaster.

Why isnt king out there playing lb? Time for some playing time.

Remember when Parcells said Chris Slade was lost in the tall grass ie didn't know what was going on? That unfortunately is mr. Gilmore. Sad. Maybe we swallow some cap hit and trade him?

Man, you should have a job in the front office since you know so much.

What is it about Gilmore that's breeding this kind of hate? He hasn't even been on the team for a half a season (and has played less than a half-season worth of games). Can we wait and see if this guy gels with the D....a defense that everyone knows is super hard to pick up. Is this Gilmore-haters' first season of watching the Patriots?

First, his contract is too big to move until 2019 so give up any and all hope that he'll be moved before then. Second, wait and see! It's not even November yet!

I think the reality is that the defense has played better in the last three games (obviously the last two of which were without Gilmore).

Will the defense be disrupted (and suffer a setback) as one poster openly pondered?

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt it. I fully welcome back Gilmore and hope that he can keep a good thing going (and even make it better).

Is that poster completely crazy in his question, though? A year ago I would have said absolutely. Last year, I'm on record as thinking the Jamie Collins trade was TERRIBLE to the team. That situation just went to show that sometimes 'fit' can outweigh a player's talent.

Is Gilmore a talented player? Sure

Is he the right fit? I guess we'll find out. My money is on YES, but to question it is not COMPLETELY crazy.

Tell me more about how you enjoy pretending that holding the #2 ranked offense to 14 points on the road is no big deal.

Your inability to grasp the English language, and/or your willful abuse of it, is not my problem.

Just for the hell of it, I'm going to randomly, out of absolutely nowhere, start pretending that the defensive performance vs Atlanta wasn't anything special. Giving up 7 points against a good offense does not impress me. Shutout or BUST.

TB5XSBW welcome to the board. Don’t worry there aren’t too many people around here that assault your intelligence when they disagree with you.

TB5XSBW welcome to the board. Don’t worry there aren’t too many people around here that assault your intelligence when they disagree with you.

If you're referring to @Deus Irae, then I have to disagree. He has actually done the opposite, by making me look like a PhD with an IQ of 180 in this little exchange between he and I.

More worried about the other injuries on D than him blowing a coverage here or there. He was on Evans man and did fine

I can see it now..a WR gets a 10 yard completion vs him and it starts all over again "He's done" "Sucks" ECT

If you're referring to @Deus Irae, then I have to disagree. He has actually done the opposite, by making me look like a PhD with an IQ of 180 in this little exchange between he and I.
I didn’t say he succeeded :D

What you don't know is that Deus is Ernie Adams' sock puppet account.

None of these guys - HT, brown, DA - r playing Sunday, esp ahead of a bye week

It's been abundantly clear that the communication issues have been significantly lessened in Gilmore's absence, so I'm not sure why anyone would give a sarcastic response to libra for his post.
Either that or they have simplified the coverage schemes. I think it is the latter.

Are we sure Gilmore is playing? What am I looking at here?

Injury Report

But what the hell does Gilmore know about Gilmore's play, right?

I mean, Winston missing wide open receivers was all about improved communication in the Patriots secondary, and not about Winston making bad throws and reads.

Because homers.

Relax Brother Deus -- this is just Patriots banter. This should be fun-stress release versus the opposite :). Fyi, I've posted the "where's the data on Gilmore: probably at least 5 or 6 times asking where's the data on Gilmore. You and Supafly were the only ones to offer something to substantiate the belief that Gilmore is blowing the communication and therefore is the reason for the secondary's poor play (there's also he's the new guy so it must be him logical fallacy).

We'll agree to disagree on my homer status.

Winston missing wide open receivers at a higher percentage than against other teams is not quantified. Did JW miss more in our game than others isn't a metric, it's an opinion. And, ultimately, there are too many variables on why Winston missed whatever passes he should have hit (at least 4 variables).

Gilmore speaking of his issue of communication is actually one of only two good data points I've seen. Yet while what Patriot players say to the media isn't to be taken at 100% face value, given the CW it's noteworthy he said it. But consider: M Butler noted his own struggles in, I believe, week 2 (he was benched the next week?? I think). Is his words that he has to get better then proof that the secondary issues were a larger issue than Gilmore?
Lastly, what still isn't answered: with Gilmore gone why did a quantifiably lower tier offense, the Jets, have over 300 yards passing against us?
I will tell you this, if the Jets had turned in a weaker ATL passing performance, then ATL performance happened -- both with Gilmore gone -- that is a metric that would have been pretty unseemly stat for Gilmore. Look, if he is back and playing on Sunday, let's see if it's more an ATL performance or more a Carolina performance. The more games that happen the better the sample and data.

Regardless though, the ultimate point really isn't important whether you are spot on right or I'm right to be skeptical. If it doesn't hold some entertainment value to respond to this? Skip it brother -- and try a Vodka & Kahlua with a splash of milk (hovering in the neighborhood of a white Russian). Few things make me happier :) :)

Last edited:
OK, I just read that whole spiel...you got laid last night, didn't you?...and don't lie

Some weeks are better than others Joker. But the Patriot's victory on Sunday, happily but coincidentally, started what's turned into a damn good week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST