PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants' Webster: Welker may not be "challenge", "great person throwing him the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giants' Webster: Welker may not be "challenge", "great person throwing him the b

how is this argument still valid after the '08 season? do these people NOT pay attention?

In a word, "no".

Re: Giants' Webster: Welker may not be "challenge", "great person throwing him the b

Another dumb comment by a NYG player. Keep them coming.

That said, Webster can have the potential to be a pain back there.

I cannot believe how ****y this Giants team is. Even the Jets aren't like this. Sure they like to say they're going to the Super Bowl every year, but they don't go around acting like the game is over two weeks before they even play it.

I've never wanted a win this badly.

Last edited:

TFB says this weekly...........:cool:

TFB says this weekly...........:cool:
Yes thats probably the point of all this talking which is very unusual for any game never mind this one. I think the giants are trying to make TB angry to knock him off his game. Maybe they figure since hes such a competitor that he'll make throws he wouldn't normally make, try to force passes into tight spots. This is pretty common in boxing, make your opponent angry to the point that he wants a knock out and will come out swinging wildly. Then he leaves himself open.

I think what is different this time around is that the Giant players are making player-specific smack talk. Osi vs Light. Webster vs WW. Manningham vs Edelman.

What that tells me is that they don't think the players are that good.

Maybe we have come full-circle?

I mean when has BB tried a trick play on fourth down?

Troy Brown in 2004 against the Rams, the fake field goal. That play is almost a trademark BB play.

Maybe we have come full-circle?

I've been watching America's Game for the three Super Bowls and the similarities to the 2001 team are pretty incredible. One of the Rams players on the bench during the game "Tom Brady...pfft...overrated".

Last edited:

Remember when Welker's effectiveness was supposed to evaporate after Moss was released, because "the only reason he is open is that all the attention goes to Randy"?

that was a fail, too

I cannot believe how ****y this Giants team is. Even the Jets aren't like this. Sure they like to say they're going to the Super Bowl every year, but they don't go around acting like the game is over two weeks before they even play it.

It worked for them last time. Only last time, they were focused on their TEAM. Dressing all in black (NYC colors, by the way) on the plane out was like the Pats coming out as a team in their first Super Bowl.

I know who's going to get exposed in coverage

Wow....... This Giants team is not very smart are they?

So far, it seems like someone on the team has called out and disrespected just about everyone of our skill players at this point. :confused:

Is that really the best idea?

I think they are trying to get the pats to throw the ball 50 times, and have JE play db, because both scenarios would benefit them greatly

Helmet, please.

man, I love that quote...you think I can't do it....let's see...

Yes thats probably the point of all this talking which is very unusual for any game never mind this one. I think the giants are trying to make TB angry to knock him off his game. Maybe they figure since hes such a competitor that he'll make throws he wouldn't normally make, try to force passes into tight spots. This is pretty common in boxing, make your opponent angry to the point that he wants a knock out and will come out swinging wildly. Then he leaves himself open.

I also dislike listening to opponents trash talk and disrespect our beloved team. But just as the Jets did last year, the Giants can talk before and during the game. It is up to the Pats (mostly TB) to make sure they shut up after the game. The image of the Jets trashing us AFTER beating us last year is still seared in my mind.

To go with Joker's analogy, I think our win over Baltimore was the equivalent of a "split decision"…and the Ravens were left with room to talk after the game. Many feel we lucked our way into this game…the same way we never really credited Indy for their 2006 SB berth and unimpressive victory. I'd like to finally win in convincing fashion and leave the opponent speechless.

The Super Bowl offers that opportunity. We win by 30 and no one will say we are classless, running up the score, etc. When we do this in Week 6 vs. the Bills or Redskins and opposing fans and media whine about the classless Pats, we answer with "we are just playing a complete game" or "it is the offense's goal to score and your defense gets paid to stop them." Finally, the Super Bowl offers a chance to lay it all out there. The great teams left NO ROOM for talking. When the Bears killed us 46-10 it was not running up the score…it was inserting their will and leaving no doubt as to who deserves the championship. For ONCE…in a big game…I want to see the Patriots/TB/BB do it.
So, it is our time to put up the numbers and win this game. Leave no doubt as to who is the best team in the NFL. The Great Teams always did it that way…heck, even the Tampa Bay Bucs did. Now it is our turn.

I just love it. The Giants, their fans, the NY papers are all talking big. The Pats and their fans couldn't ask for anything more. The Pats play their best when dissed and considered the underdogs. These Giants are setting themselves up for a huge loss. This one could be the best feeling SB of all for us.

Keep talking Giants. :bricks:

Last edited:

I am truly stunned by the amount of talking that is coming out of NJ and it's coming from the Jints not the Jets. NJ Shore is strong with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News