PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants host Cowboys Sept. 5; Broncos in mix week 1 SNF; who will Pats play week one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Broncos reportedly in the mix for SNF opener..

I think it will be either raiders or chiefs going to denver, my money's on the chiefs. They'll want it to be a home game and to have it be a game he's likely going to win.

And I hope that the Cowboys destroy shEli so badly that the jints don't make the POs for another 3 years.

And I hope that the Cowboys destroy shEli so badly that the jints don't make the POs for another 3 years.

Nah, I'd rather another chance at them in the Superbowl, and hopefully, on that day, we will not choke the game away in the last few minutes...

At the moment, I have little retort towards Giants fans' taunts as they've owned us as of late.

-Jamman

Last edited:
Re: Giants host Cowboys Sept. 5; Broncos in mix week 1 SNF; who will Pats play week o

Nah, I'd rather another chance at them in the Superbowl, and hopefully, on that day, we will not choke the game away in the last few minutes...

At the moment, I have little retort towards Giants fans' taunts as they've owned us as of late.

-Jamman

Yah.

Now that I know how bad it feels like to be Eli's b!tch, i am not going to commit any more felonies and go to prison

Re: Giants host Cowboys Sept. 5; Broncos in mix week 1 SNF; who will Pats play week o

I believe Kraft said the league is making the first 3 and last 3 all division games. Not sure if it's this season. I welcome it though.

Of course the flip side to that would be that teams go eleven consecutive weeks without playing any division opponents.

I like the idea of finishing the last two weeks of the season with division games, but personally I'm not all that crazy with this scheduling suggestion. I would prefer the college football approach where you start off with out of conference games and then play your traditional rivals later.

i think it will be SF@NE on mnf

It seems to be more often than not,a New England/Buffalo tilt in week 1

My guess is New England @ Buffalo to showcase the Bill's new prized FA Mario Williams.

I think SF @ NE and DEN @ NE would be great choices for Sunday Night.

Playing Denver early would be a strategic advantage to us as Manning is going to be rusty coming off that year.

I think SF @ NE and DEN @ NE would be great choices for Sunday Night.

Playing Denver early would be a strategic advantage to us as Manning is going to be rusty coming off that year.

A Rusty Peyton Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Non Rusty Tim Tebow

I believe Kraft said the league is making the first 3 and last 3 all division games. Not sure if it's this season. I welcome it though.
I haven't heard such a thing, and I find it very hard to believe. Having the final week be all division rivalries is fine, but to get all 6 division games out of the way in such a short time span is ridiculous. Most great rivalries are division rivalries, and division rivalries are the only ones we can count on seeing year after year. Essentially the league would have too many great matchups in those 6 weeks and too few the 11 weeks in the middle.

I haven't heard such a thing, and I find it very hard to believe. Having the final week be all division rivalries is fine, but to get all 6 division games out of the way in such a short time span is ridiculous. Most great rivalries are division rivalries, and division rivalries are the only ones we can count on seeing year after year. Essentially the league would have too many great matchups in those 6 weeks and too few the 11 weeks in the middle.

Because I love you so much, Wolfpack, I managed to find the post where Kraft said that he would back this up. He said a couple, which probably means 2. So maybe 2 at the start, 2 in the middle and 2 at the end. Sounds good to me.

Soundbites from Robert Kraft - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

1. Not a lock, but anticipating division games to open and close season. "I think what you saw happen last year, it kept the interest. I think there is a drive to … there will be certain games that are opening games, but I think what you see is we’re trying to have every division, people play their first couple of games in their division and their last couple of games in the division, and that way we keep the rivalries and keep it as competitive as we can keep it that way.”

Because I love you so much, Wolfpack, I managed to find the post where Kraft said that he would back this up. He said a couple, which probably means 2. So maybe 2 at the start, 2 in the middle and 2 at the end. Sounds good to me.

Soundbites from Robert Kraft - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
I appreciate seeing the soundbite, especially since it was something I hadn't heard before.

2 on the front and back ends of the season is slightly more logical, although even that I think is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News