PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

German newspaper on Pats in Frankfurt

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This was posted over on Reddit. This seems to be a fairly reputable website, although there aren't any sources named.

In any case, it sounds like the NFL will play two games in Germany, on November 12 and 19. The article claims the league "favors" having the two games be the Chefs vs. da Bears, and . . . Pats vs. Saints.

Saints is a home game for the Patriots but with the uneven schedule they would still have 8 games at home.

Saints is a home game for the Patriots but with the uneven schedule they would still have 8 games at home.
It would also be a home game for the Chefs.

And, in any case, I will note that the scuttlebutt when they announced the 17th game was that eventually every team would have that game be a neutral-site game.

It would also be a home game for the Chefs.

And, in any case, I will note that the scuttlebutt when they announced the 17th game was that eventually every team would have that game be a neutral-site game.

Right, I was supporting that announcement but good to call it out. Normally I'd say no way they're taking home games away from the Chiefs and Pats.

Normally I'd say no way they're taking home games away from the Chiefs and Pats.

Except there is no 'normal' to an odd number of games schedule. You and @ctpatsfan77 are dead on the money when you point out the 17th game becomes a useful tool for the league to schedule neutral site games. Left unspoken is the other thing we all know, the 17 game is merely a weigh station on the road to 18.

Except there is no 'normal' to an odd number of games schedule. You and @ctpatsfan77 are dead on the money when you point out the 17th game becomes a useful tool for the league to schedule neutral site games. Left unspoken is the other thing we all know, the 17 game is merely a weigh station on the road to 18.
Possibly, but not until the next CBA at the earliest.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
sehr interessanter Artikel. Ich schreibe wirklich die Eröffnungszeile, Die National Football League, weil es Zeiten gab (am bemerkenswertesten im Zusammenhang mit den Ereignissen von Spy Gate und Deflate Gate), in denen ich genau diese Worte gesagt habe. Und sagen schon seit einiger Zeit, dass ich denke, dass die Patriots in Deutschland gegen die Saints antreten werden

sehr interessanter Artikel. Ich schreibe wirklich die Eröffnungszeile, Die National Football League, weil es Zeiten gab (am bemerkenswertesten im Zusammenhang mit den Ereignissen von Spy Gate und Deflate Gate), in denen ich genau diese Worte gesagt habe. Und sagen schon seit einiger Zeit, dass ich denke, dass die Patriots in Deutschland gegen die Saints antreten werden

LOL, so apparently I'll need to look into the Google Translate API now. :cool:

LOL, so apparently I'll need to look into the Google Translate API now. :cool:
or just link to the google translate page lol... thats all i did ... but hey, if you did that, you might be able to tap into the hotbed of German football fans... grow the site on an international level!

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
or just link to the google translate page lol... thats all i did ... but hey, if you did that, you might be able to tap into the hotbed of German football fans... grow the site on an international level!
LOL, I was just thinking it would be easier if I had a button we could hit to translate it, rather than copy it over there. If I ever get it to work, I'll have to credit you with the idea :haha:

LOL, I was just thinking it would be easier if I had a button we could hit to translate it, rather than copy it over there. If I ever get it to work, I'll have to credit you with the idea :haha:
The Sopranos Hbo GIF

we shall speak of profit sharing and ad revenues at a later date, capiche? and who handles your garbage collection? I gotta guy...

lol, sometimes i kill myself :haha:

Thanks for the intel. Gonna try to go with my son. Frankfurt is less than an hour away from in-laws. Football and beer!

Anyone know if season ticket holders get tickets to game in Germany?

This was posted over on Reddit. This seems to be a fairly reputable website, although there aren't any sources named.

In any case, it sounds like the NFL will play two games in Germany, on November 12 and 19. The article claims the league "favors" having the two games be the Chefs vs. da Bears, and . . . Pats vs. Saints.

The website is reputable, yeah ….. but I call Bullscheisse On the content. They are a FRA regional news agency that might just be playing to the local readers with some chest thumping.

in no way shape or form can I believe that if GotoHell’s objective is to grow the game internationally that he pushes both games into 51,000 seat Deutsche-Bank stadium and takes it away from 70,024 seat Allianz stadium.

then throw in how Bavaria is a bit of a hotbed for nfl fans and that Allianz is home to the NY Yankees of Germany and it just makes no sense.

plus if I remember the official nyjfl initial announcement they said one game at each location. So that means the deals were already done then. So now they are going to back out and screw one of the largest and most popular venues in DEU? Doubt it.

Actually it's the Germans who favor the Saints. That would accommodate their stadium drinking song playlist with "When the Saints Go Marching In."

Alles klar, Herr 'Omissioner'?
20230223_080039.gif

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back