Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gerald Green Going to Siberia

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by IcyPatriot, Dec 15, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

No ... not Siberia but he is going to Russia ... 24 years old and he's no better than when he was drafted.

Green Street Former Celtic Green to play in Russia
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At least it's still pro basketball...better to take big money and play overseas than to actually have to go to college or get a real job.

He joins a growing trend among the has beens and never weres: playing in Europe. In his league along there is Lionel Chalmers, Fred Warrick, Ralph Biggs, former Celtic J.R. Bremer, Paul Niller, Brion Rush, James White, Levance Fields, Terrell Lyday, Keith Langford, Kelly McCarthy
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I was also thinking ... the Russian women ... oh that's got to count a bit no?
  4. JAYHAWKS34

JAYHAWKS34 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

don't forget a jacket
  5. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

He's a super talented kid, with a 10 cent head. I was estatic when he slid to the Celtics at #18. Not that I thought he'd be a star, but because he was extremely talented coming out of HS. He had all teh phyiscal gifts too. Size, athleticism, vertical, and an amazing stroke from the outside. His problem was he wasn't very bright, had a poor basketball IQ, and didn't ever really "get it" as some say. Too bad, cuz he wasn't a bad kid either.

BTW, anyone know who went the pick before Green, at #17 that year? How about Danny Granger. :( I remember being happy when they were both available after the 16th pick, cuz i knew one would end up with the C's. Too bad it was the wrong one. Hey, we won the title in 2008 anyway, so all's well that ends well right?
  6. Mista Kool

Mista Kool Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He showed some glimpses of promise with Dallas. I'm surprised no one took another chance on him.
  7. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1