Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.gbnreport.com/2007top100.html

Just for bleeps and grins. I'm going to assume we don't make
it to the Super Bowl this year. Maybe 12-4 for us and Seattle
11-5 or 12-4. How bout picking 26,29,61 and 93.

1A Aaron Rouse - S - Va Tech
1B Daymeion Hughes - CB - Cal
2 Lamarr Woodley - olb/de - Michigan
3 Could use to trade up if we really like someone.

Could we trade up in round 1 for pass rusher. Then trade down with 2nd 1st rounder for picks we lost to move up. Would then have a higher 1. Two 2's and a three. Or something like that.
Plus supple. picks.

patsfaninpa said:

Could we trade up in round 1 for pass rusher. Then trade down with 2nd 1st rounder for picks we lost to move up. Would then have a higher 1. Two 2's and a three. Or something like that.
Plus supple. picks.

Interesting, he thinks and strokes his chin while emitting small bursts of laughter until he's in a full out howl. But then in the quiet of reality he starts thinking about the 1st round TE that might be available.......

Do you guys like Rouse ? I've never seen him but Pro Football Weekly says he's a fantastic athlete and a mediocre player.

Looks like there will be a run on safeties and CB's. LB seems to be the only position that has it's top players going late in the draft.

MrTibbs said:
Looks like there will be a run on safeties and CB's. LB seems to be the only position that has it's top players going late in the draft.
I love the Safeties they have ranked in late round 1. Landry or Griffin would be great for us.

patsfaninpa said:

Plus supple. picks.

Rouse is a freak (6'2, 225, and runs a 4.4) but comes with some baggage. The Pats tend to stay away from those types.

It is pretty sweet that we get 4 of the top 100 players. I would not trade any of the first day picks unless it is backwards, example try to get a 2nd and 3rd for one of the 1st rounders. The thought process is that most drafts have 10-15 high impact players and then a bunch of guys from 20-60 that are not that much different. Unless we can get into the top 15 and take a stud I would trade back and get some value. I didn't like the move of trading up for Jackson in this year’s draft. I thought they would have better off with two B grade players than an A- (Jackson), possibilities could have included other WRs (Jennings or Hagan) and a CB (Ashton Youboty or Richard Marshall). Taking 2 players also reduces the risk of a "bust" or injury to a draft pick.

So using that approach for 2007, I would like to see something like this (assumes NE and Seattle have picks in the 28-32 range)
1 – 28 – LaRon Landry FS 6-2, 205 LSU
1 - 32 – trade for picks in round 2&3 (49 & 81)
2 – 49 - Paul Williams WR 6-1, 210 Fresno State
2 – 60 - Anthony Spencer DE 6-3, 260 Purdue
3 – 81 - Doug Datish C 6-4, 295 Ohio State
3 – 92 - Aaron Ross CB 6’0, 192 Texas

Round 4 or 5 – ILB - Harris, Michigan ; Warren – Texas A&M; Waters, Clemson (assuming his knee heals ok)

I am not a Rouse fan. I'm not sure he has a clue in coverage. He might be better served by putting on 20 lbs and moving to WLB on a 4-3 club.

GBN has a new mock that has us taking FS - Landry and CB - Bennett. I could live with that first round combination, provided they both run as advertised.

cstjohn17 said:
Rouse is a freak (6'2, 225, and runs a 4.4) but comes with some baggage. The Pats tend to stay away from those types.

It is pretty sweet that we get 4 of the top 100 players. I would not trade any of the first day picks unless it is backwards, example try to get a 2nd and 3rd for one of the 1st rounders. The thought process is that most drafts have 10-15 high impact players and then a bunch of guys from 20-60 that are not that much different. Unless we can get into the top 15 and take a stud I would trade back and get some value. I didn't like the move of trading up for Jackson in this year’s draft. I thought they would have better off with two B grade players than an A- (Jackson), possibilities could have included other WRs (Jennings or Hagan) and a CB (Ashton Youboty or Richard Marshall). Taking 2 players also reduces the risk of a "bust" or injury to a draft pick.

So using that approach for 2007, I would like to see something like this (assumes NE and Seattle have picks in the 28-32 range)

Round 4 or 5 – ILB - Harris, Michigan ; Warren – Texas A&M; Waters, Clemson (assuming his knee heals ok)

With Koppen signed through 2011, Hochstein through 2008 and Stevenson on the practice squad, do you really think that the Pats will draft another center?

Now, as for Landry, I doubt he makes it down to the Pats. He's the top rated free-safety in the draft and the 3rd rated DB in the draft. My thinking is that the Pats look at TE, LB, WR, and DB as the primary areas. And we could all be surprised. Brian Leonard from Rutgers, could be on the Pats list. He seems to be a mix of Larry Centers and Corey Dillon. A bruising short-yardage back who can catch passes out of the backfield. I think he'd make a great compliment to Maroney.

DaBruinz said:
Originally Posted by cstjohn17

--------------------------------------------

With Koppen signed through 2011, Hochstein through 2008 and Stevenson on the practice squad, do you really think that the Pats will draft another center?

Now, as for Landry, I doubt he makes it down to the Pats. He's the top rated free-safety in the draft and the 3rd rated DB in the draft. My thinking is that the Pats look at TE, LB, WR, and DB as the primary areas. And we could all be surprised. Brian Leonard from Rutgers, could be on the Pats list. He seems to be a mix of Larry Centers and Corey Dillon. A bruising short-yardage back who can catch passes out of the backfield. I think he'd make a great compliment to Maroney.

Just checking to see who was sleeping. I posted before Koppen was signed, without him in tow, a Center would have been an offseason priority. Switch the pick to Leonard or some other big back. Dillion is not a lock to me on the team next year, he is running great but can't stay on the field. Maybe the Pats are trying to pace him but he doesn't seem to be able to complete a whole game.

Wait a sec, let me try this. With pick 81 take Matt Herrian, TE from Nebraska. If my theory is correct Graham should be extended tomorrow..... we will wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft