PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garrett Mills to Vikings PS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Macsfootballblog.com and the purple pride list Mills as being on the Vikings' PS. He was drafted in 2006 and got plucked by the Vikings in 2007 and I was wondering how he still had eligibility in his fourth year........

He was on IR in 2006 w Pats
2007 played 1 game w Vikings
2008 played 8 games w Vikings.....

Minnesota Vikings: Garrett Mills.

I believe that is because that first year Mills was on Injured Reserve, not the Practice Squad. This would be the last season that he is eligible for the PS.

Maximum time on the Practice Squad is three seasons; in the third season, the player must be moved to the 53 man roster if there's an open slot (or released).

I believe that is because that first year Mills was on Injured Reserve, not the Practice Squad. This would be the last season that he is eligible for the PS.

Maximum time on the Practice Squad is three seasons; in the third season, the player must be moved to the 53 man roster if there's an open slot (or released).

Not precisely: they can carry a third-year player on the PS, provided they never have a roster with less than 53 players for more than 24 hours.

In other words, they can't hold a spot open and not promote such a player if they are able to promote him, but they're not required to promote him to the 53 the first time someone gets cut/IRed/traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft