PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gaffney Signed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's skill does Gaffney's most likely duplicate in terms of the type of routes he runs? Ocho, or at least what they planned for Ocho?

I like how you can put out a personnel grouping that can be anything from 5 wide to an i-formation look.
One of the formations that I sat back and chuckled at was the 3 Tight End formation (where Hernandez is playing a H Back role) with Gronkowski and Fells on the line. Positional flexibility, gotta love it.

Last edited:
One of the formations that I sat back at and chuckled was the 3 Tight End formation (where Hernandez is playing a H Back role) with Gronkowski and Fells on the line. Positional flexibility, gotta love it.

Match up nightmares for days.

The no huddle was near unstoppable last season, this season....wow.

Good $igning! Was a solid WR for us then and it's good to see him back & contribute with our receiving corp. BB DEFINITELY workin both sides of'da ball.

Whether it was as Brady's primary receiver in the 2006 season's playoffs, or as the third option behind Moss and Welker, Gaffney played his role beautifully in the Pats passing game. I'm so glad to have him back.

willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg

I think it is finally the end of the Ocho experiment.

Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney/Branch.

I think either Edelman or Gonzalez gets cut as well. The other will serve as Welker's backup. not sure Stallworth makes the roster either.

Wow, the offense is stacked!!!

No comment on your only carrying 4 WRs, but Edelman is also the Punt Returner.

I'd prefer the memory of him catching the winning TD pass against Porky and the Ravens in '07. That was the game which featured Porky calling a defensive time-out giving Brady an extra shot. It was a juggling catch in the corner of the end-zone. I think Bart (the Brain) Scott was the Raven who objected so strenuously to a PI call, that he picked up the ref's flag and pitched it about 30 yards resulting, of course, in another penalty. You can take the player out of the Ravens, but you can never take the Ravens out of the player...

Yes, that is a better memory. Thanks!

I really wish there was a "dislike" button for this post.
Why? Welker cost them a ring. He has never won them one. He balked at $9m. Time to move on.

Looks like Christmas arrives early for TB12. This may be the real definition of the passing game opening up the running game.

and is it quite possible some other teams offense improves by getting one of our cast-offs? I wonder if T.O. will be eating popcorn and watching the Patriot pre season/camp.

Excellent news! This should help ensure that WR3-5 will all be productive members of the team.

Let Stallworth go, Branch as well, Gonzalez I am not sure of his durability.
Ocho better come to camp with playbook intact or he should ask for his release.

Who else? Slatter? Underwood? Bye bye.

This is kind of eerie. The team better do well or Belichick will never listen to us again. ;)

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

They franchised Samuel and Vinatieri then let them walk. The third premise of the tag is to get one more year out of a player without having to commit to a huge deal.

They let them walk after getting a final season out of them. They also franchised Wilfork and Mankins and then got deals done... They did that once before with Adam, too. They tagged Tebucky and immediately traded him for a grab bag of picks.

They are on record saying they want Wes to finish his career as a Patriot. Wes is on record saying he wants to finish his career as a Patriot. The problem that remains is they haven't agreed on for how long that is and at what price. They have until mid July to get a long term deal done. And even if they don't they can still negotiate with him after the season ends and into 2013 FA... Half of the WR's on the roster are currently on one year deals. He's not going to hold out on camp or the season, he knows it, they know it. He's just expressing his displeasure with the lack of progress the only way he can. And they're fine with that. They've been fine with a lot worse... It's part of the business end of football.

Looks like Christmas arrives early for TB12. This may be the real definition of the passing game opening up the running game.

Yea, with McDaniels at the helm on Offense, we all know where this is headed. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing, as I've been in favor of a more balanced attack. I do know that if you're going to run a spread/pass-first offense, you damn sure better have the groceries to do it. Last year they didn't.

Yea, with McDaniels at the helm on Offense, we all know where this is headed. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing, as I've been in favor of a more balanced attack. I do know that if you're going to run a spread/pass-first offense, you damn sure better have the groceries to do it. Last year they didn't.

Well we really don't have a #1 RB..so we are going to need all the WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye