FWIW, on Harrison's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, it's from ESPN Insider but I'm only copying a teensy weensy piece :

"New England strong safety Rodney Harrison is progressing remarkably well from the three torn knee ligaments he suffered in September, and could be ready for camp"

:rocker:

That is great news thanks for the info.

He WILL be ready for camp!

ya

BelichickFan said:

"New England strong safety Rodney Harrison is progressing remarkably well from the three torn knee ligaments he suffered in September, and could be ready for camp"

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I should add, this was in Len Pasquarelli's column, it wasn't just some anonymous comment.

THAT is great news!! I hope he doesn't come back too soon and has a setback...that is all I fear..BUT THAT would be a welcomed GREAT sign to see him ready at camp!!

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
THAT is great news!! I hope he doesn't comr back too soon and has a setback...that is all I fear..BUT THAT would be a welcomed GREAT sign to see him ready at camp!!
If he is really doing well and the team agrees, it would probably allow them to go elsewhere other than Safety in the draft and FA if they think Sanders has a future. They almost certainly don't want to go with Sanders, Scott and Hawkins going into next year but if they expect Rodney back then they just might especially if they think Sanders has a chance to be the long term answer.

BelichickFan said:

:rocker:

This so Great! In another thread I mentioned that for if two key things happend
this offseason, for me, I would consider the Offseason to be very good. This
was one ... Rodney's return. Outstanding news.
Thanks BelichickFan ... you made my day.

Wow, if Harrison, at his age, recovers this quickly the man is a machine. I don't know how some young stud like McGahee was sideline for almsot 2 years, and here Harrison is, looking at less than a year.

BelichickFan said:
I should add, this was in Len Pasquarelli's column, it wasn't just some anonymous comment.

Didn't the Herald point out something similar a couple weeks ago?

If it's not the same news as the BH reported that's awesome. Two people saying Rodney will be ready.

BionicPatriot said:
Wow, if Harrison, at his age, recovers this quickly the man is a machine. I don't know how some young stud like McGahee was sideline for almsot 2 years, and here Harrison is, looking at less than a year.
It really depends what happened inside the knee to the nerves, etc. The MCL and PCL tears by themselves aren't a big deal as they heal quicker than the ACL. However it seems logical that the more ligaments that are torn increases the chance of more internal injuries aside from the ligaments themselves. Hopefully for Harrison, and it looks like this may be the case, his tears were more "just" ligament tears as opposed to other stuff going on inside the knee.

I was thinking the best case for Harrison was the Bruschi schedule, it looks like that might be the worst case barring a setback.

Good news, indeed....

Bill's Girl said:
He WILL be ready for camp!

You're absolutely right. He WILL be ready!

But they must keep him miles away from whoever "took care of" Matt Light ... and Ty Law the year before.

BionicPatriot said:
Wow, if Harrison, at his age, recovers this quickly the man is a machine. I don't know how some young stud like McGahee was sidelined for almost 2 years, and here Harrison is, looking at less than a year.

Then does he get your apropos username?

well

BelichickFan said:
If he is really doing well and the team agrees, it would probably allow them to go elsewhere other than Safety in the draft and FA if they think Sanders has a future. They almost certainly don't want to go with Sanders, Scott and Hawkins going into next year but if they expect Rodney back then they just might especially if they think Sanders has a chance to be the long term answer.

i trust BB and SP, but I wouldn't mind seeing them still pick up a safety. This way Rodney can mentor these guys next year and get them even better when they do become "the man"! Get well Rodney! :rocker:

BelichickFan said:
I was thinking the best case for Harrison was the Bruschi schedule, it looks like that might be the worst case barring a setback.

Thanks for the explanation. I dunno BF, I still feel like the bruschi schedule as you said seems the most realistic.

Everything I have to say is contained in my sig.

PATSNUTme said:
Everything I have to say is contained in my sig.

How did I know this was coming? :)

You are slipping, Nut, F2P hit 2000 posts.........

Good news Indeed....

Love to see him back in action.

I think BB/SP will go on the assumption Rodney isn't going to be healthy and back to what he was. There is just no way to know at this point if he will be able to produce come September and the safest way to proceed is to find a starting caliber safety in case he can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News