PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Members Of Pats Hall Of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason he isn't in is because he was up against Faulk this year and Faulk won the fans over by taunting the NYJNFL.

Yea I know.

There shouldn't be impediments. If 2 deserve to get in the same year, so be it.

I also think RayClay hasn't done the baby kissing and palm-pressing he needs to.

3X Pro Bowler, franchise leader in INTs. 179 games...

Only reason he is not in is because he pissed someone off.
No, its just because today's fans only remember from 2001 on.
To think that Clayborn and Julius Adams can't get inducted before a third down back is mind boggling to me.

Some good suggestions and many I support. Clayborn, obviously, but also Light, Vrabel and Harrison should easily find their way into the HOF.

The one person I am surprised nobody has nominated is Scar, who in my mind should be as close to a lock as you can get. Other coaches should be nominated like Charlie and Romeo, with Bud Seely as a long shot.

It is still to early in my mind for the those with less than 6 years in the league. I think a player has to have played outside of a rookie contract to qualify. The shortest tenure would be for Moss, as an exception rather than a rule, but how can he not be included for his NFL record touchdown year? Brady to Moss 07 was a work of art.

I would also like to add Jerod Mayo as a candidate, though not sure he would get the necessary votes, but he was the consummate Patriot and gave his all for the franchise.

To think that Clayborn and Julius Adams can't get inducted before a third down back is mind boggling to me.

Its not like KFaulk isnt deserving. Its that others are more deserving

You have Pat Chung over welker?

Just my opinion, but I don't think either of them belong in the Pats HOF. Maybe Chung can make it there at some point though.

Just my opinion, but I don't think either of them belong in the Pats HOF. Maybe Chung can make it there at some point though.

I'm just a little surprise because he's the last guy in my mind. Not intending to offend you in the slightest.

3X Pro Bowler, franchise leader in INTs. 179 games...

Only reason he is not in is because he pissed someone off.
Robert Kraft pissed me off - for several reasons

If I win powerball there will be a knock on his office door and a pink slip to stuff in his hand

Holy ****! Had no idea Clayborn wasn't already in pats hof. Makes no sense.

th
...you wanna mess with us? Yeah, us. The New England Patriots.

Some good suggestions and many I support. Clayborn, obviously, but also Light, Vrabel and Harrison should easily find their way into the HOF.

The one person I am surprised nobody has nominated is Scar, who in my mind should be as close to a lock as you can get. Other coaches should be nominated like Charlie and Romeo, with Bud Seely as a long shot.

It is still to early in my mind for the those with less than 6 years in the league. I think a player has to have played outside of a rookie contract to qualify. The shortest tenure would be for Moss, as an exception rather than a rule, but how can he not be included for his NFL record touchdown year? Brady to Moss 07 was a work of art.

I would also like to add Jerod Mayo as a candidate, though not sure he would get the necessary votes, but he was the consummate Patriot and gave his all for the franchise.
I've said several times before, Scar belongs in HOF
th
th

Sideline footage of Dante Scarnecchia shows why Patriots need to clone him

That's special teams coach Scar with John on the sideline @4:57 after winning kick
Total Dolphins-rooters in broadcast booth (Griese)

Last edited:
Besides Brady, Gronk, BB, Robert Kraft, who do you think deserves to be in the team hall of fame? Currently we have recent players such as Faulk, Bruschi, Bledsoe, Law.

My players would be: Harrison, Vinatieri, Asante Samuel, McCourty, Winfork. Obviously most will be several years as they are still playing. Thoughts?
JULIUS ADAMS
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th

Adams was drafted in the 2nd round of the 1971 NFL Draft. He started as a rookie and was chosen to the UPI All-Rookie team in 1971. He was Patriots' leading sacker with 7½ in 1974 and was named as one of the NFL's top defensive linemen by Pro QB Magazine. The following year he missed five games due to a foot injury. Adams was the team's top tackler at 47 among the defensive linemen in 1976, and also had six sacks and 12 QB pressures. He started 14 games in 1977 and had 9½ sacks, including a career-high 4½ against the Falcons (12-4-77) in front of his hometown fans. That season he ended with 43 tackles.

After missing all but the season opener of the 1978 season with a shoulder injury, he returned in 1979 to play all 16 games. His six QB sacks played a vital part in the Patriots' NFL leading total of 57 QB sacks. He also had 49 tackles, 13 QB pressures and a fumble recovery. In 1980, he made his first and only Pro Bowl appearance and earned that honor with 59 tackles and led the team with 9 sacks and finished second on the team in 1980 with 13 QB pressures. In 1981 he was eighth on the team in tackles with 54 stops and 30 assists and his outstanding play and leadership enabled him to win the Jim Lee Hunt Memorial Award, given to the most outstanding Patriot lineman. In 1982, he finished second among Patriots' defensive linemen on the tackle chart with 45 and he also made one of the biggest plays of his career that season when be blocked a Uwe von Schamann FG attempt in the Patriots 3-0 win over Miami (12-12-82).

Adams was again the top tackler among Patriots' defensive linemen in 1983 with a total of 83 tackles and he also finished second on the team in QB sacks with eight and third with seven QB pressures. In 1984 he made 34 tackles and four sacks, seven QB pressures and one pass deflection in playing. He also blocked extra-point kick late in first half vs. Miami on in October 1984. He started one game in '84, the final game vs. Indianapolis (12-16-84) and in that game, came up with a blocked field goal on a 42-yarder with five minutes left in a game the Patriots led at the time, 13-10 (went on to win, 16-10). He was given a game ball for his effort.

Adams played in 1985 on the Super Bowl team and then retired. He came back in 1987 for one final year.

Julius is on the Patriots' All-1970's Team, All-1980's Team, 35th & 50th Anniversary Teams

Beyond all this, he was a tremendous leader on the field and in the locker room.
th
Yes, I do blame Kraft for not seeing him inducted before his death.

Julius was, in fact, the AFC Champion in the NFLPA Arm Wrestling Championship in '75:

1975 NFLPA Arm Wrestling Championship

I know of course, because I saw the original broadcast.

Not one to mince words, he was quite clear in the immediate aftermath of the debacle in Oakland in 1976.

In the victorious locker room after dispatching the Raiders, he reminded everyone of the task ahead.

...eat your heart out, Tedy Bruschi

At the rally before we went to Logan to fly down to Miami and prepare for the AFC Championship Game at the Orange Bowl, where we hadn't won since 1966, Gil Santos introduced Julius, who stepped up to the microphone, paused for a second and then shouted:

"I'VE JUST GOT ONE THING TO SAY......WE'RE GOIN' DOWN HERE - WE'RE GONNA RIP THEIR FACES OFF! YEAH!!"

...and we did, ending the Orange Bowl Jinx and finally earning our first trip to the Super Bowl.

He is nothing short of a Patriots hero and he belonged in the Pats' HOF a long time ago.

Asante Samuel continues to be severely underrated by patriots nation since he left. "Not apart of the patriots way".....what reallly?????

Not only was he a member of our 2 superbowl winning dynasty teams, but he was also a 3x probowler, and remains one of the best ballhawks in Patriots franchise history. I mean, watch this guys tape. Elite Elite instincts, this guy had a nose for the ball at his peak like few we have seen in the league over the past 20 years. He recorded key interceptions in big games, including outclassing a prime peyton manning for a INT TD in AFC Championship and returning an INT for a TD against the jets in the playoffs. A true ballhawk. Watching some of the poor ball skills of several of our corners since 08, It makes me miss how special samuel was at reading the QB and making the pick. He made GREAT qbs look like fools at times. Sure, his gambles got him beat a few times, but Samuel was a great player in his prime.

Id vote him in

Besides Brady, Gronk, BB, Robert Kraft, who do you think deserves to be in the team hall of fame? Currently we have recent players such as Faulk, Bruschi, Bledsoe, Law.

My players would be: Harrison, Vinatieri, Asante Samuel, McCourty, Winfork. Obviously most will be several years as they are still playing. Thoughts?

Asante Samuel?

Asante Samuel?

Ya, you know the 3x pro bowler who won 2 superbowls with us, recorded 10 interceptions in one season, intercepted a prime peyton manning for a TD in AFC Championship, returned another interception for a TD vs the jets in the playoffs, proved himself one of the best ballhawks in the league over a 5 year period, displayed elite instincts and the ability to outsmart any QB for the pick. A true ballhawk. He made many big plays in many big moments.

In fact, Samuel has 3 Interceptions for a TD in NFL history, tied for an NFL record i believe. This is an incredible stat.

Watch the film on his pick 6 vs manning, just an unbelievable read. One of the best interceptions in patriots franchise history. Maybe the 2nd best one behind you know.

Last edited:
Chris Hogan

Jimmy Garrapolo

Joe Thuney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes