PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Members Of Pats Hall Of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Besides Brady, Gronk, BB, Robert Kraft, who do you think deserves to be in the team hall of fame? Currently we have recent players such as Faulk, Bruschi, Bledsoe, Law.

My players would be: Harrison, Vinatieri, Asante Samuel, McCourty, Winfork. Obviously most will be several years as they are still playing. Thoughts?

Definitely Rodney, vinatieri, Wilfork. Samuel no. McCourty probably no. I think welker should be in. Randy moss is NFL Hof but not sure if it transfers to the pats. Edelman needs a bit more production.

Besides Brady, Gronk, BB, Robert Kraft, who do you think deserves to be in the team hall of fame? Currently we have recent players such as Faulk, Bruschi, Bledsoe, Law.

My players would be: Harrison, Vinatieri, Asante Samuel, McCourty, Winfork. Obviously most will be several years as they are still playing. Thoughts?

Quick pre-coffee list, and I know there is one "Old Timer" I'm forgetting. I can't remember who it was but I was surprised he wasn't already in.

Locks:
Brady
BB
Gronk
Harrison
Vinatieri
Wilfork

Should but might not:
Welker
Moss (50 TDs as a Pat and he identifies with this team)
Light
Robert Kraft (probably posthumous)

As much as I appreciate McCourty, I'm not sure he's had a HOF career... yet.

Adam Vinatieri belongs in the Indy HOF, if there is such a thing.

Asante Samuel was not really part of the Patriot Way. Throw him out of the club too.

Big Vince would be my first choice for the Pats HOF.

Raymond Clayborn

Richard Seymour

Wes Walker

Vince Wilfork

Matt Light

Rodney Harrison

Ernie Adams

Maybe Tom Brady, definitely Malcom Butler

Belichick if he wins two more Lombardis.

Wilfork, Light...Charlie Weis and RAC if they put coaches in....

Last edited:
Let's see, I had Brady as a maybe, Belichick as a wait and see, and Malcom Butler as a lock.....

Hmmmnnn

Am I serious?

Great question RW

I don't know you well enough to think you are joking but clearly you are. That is fine

As of right now, Malcolm would get in on one play. I think that is 50/50 which threw me off.

I don't know you well enough to think you are joking but clearly you are. That is fine

As of right now, Malcolm would get in on one play. I think that is 50/50 which threw me off.

I was just joking about fan proclivity to put a player in the HOF because of a good play,game,season.

I was just joking about fan proclivity to put a player in the HOF because of a good play,game,season.

Gotcha....

Steve Grogan MUST be in the Pats HoF. I know his numbers suck but I couldnt care less. Most QBs back in the 70s had crappy numbers and won and Grogs won. He had a winning record here and was a lifer.

I think its a travesty he is not in.

EDIT: Grogan is in. I can calm down now.

Hall of Fame | The Hall at Patriot Place

Last edited:
Steve Grogan MUST be in the Pats HoF. I know his numbers suck but I could care less. Most QBs back in the 70s had crappy numbers and won and Grogs won. He had a winning record here and was a lifer.

I think its a travesty he is not in.

I couldn't remember who was and wasn't in, imo they need to put two in each year, one old time (pre 1990) and one new era, otherwise deserving players like Grogan and Clayborn are screwed.

I couldn't remember who was and wasn't in, imo they need to put two in each year, one old time (pre 1990) and one new era, otherwise deserving players like Grogan and Clayborn are screwed.

Grogan is in. I forgot.

Clayborn absolutely. Its absurd he is not.

Considering it is 1 every year.

Brady
Gronk
BB
Robert Kraft
Seymour
Harrison

They are all locks.

Guys i think will get in but are based on my projections.

Patrick Chung (if he plays long enough he has been great since returning and played all but 1 year of his career here.. if he plays like he has been for 3-4 more years i think he does and i doubt he leaves again)
Donte Hightower (if he plays his whole career here which i think he will)
Devin McCourty (just needs to keep it up)
Malcolm Butler (if he plays his whole career here and i think he will)

Maybe

Gostkowski was a for sure but he needs to just get out of think funk.
Rob Ninkovich (did he have enough impact though? He was huge for 3-4 years but is that enough?)
Welker (zero rings and that makes it hard to put him in considering he could have if not for 1 drop).

Won't

I think Collins probably leaves sadly so not him :(

• Brady and BB are the lockiest of locks.
  • Kraft is just a question of policy -- are owners let in or not?
  • Wilfork is almost as locky as if he'd been a complete Pats lifer. He'll be in soon after he's eligible.
  • Rodney was, I think, here long enough to get in. E.g., who was here longer -- Rodney or Parcells?
  • Guys who left for a big payday elsewhere will have trouble getting in, and deserve to. I'm thinking of Deion Branch, who I'd enjoy having in, and Asante Samuel, who I wouldn't.
  • Adam is a special case. He made several of the biggest plays in league history, and he made them for the Pats.
  • Seymour and Mankins are tough cases. They didn't exactly leave voluntarily or shoot their way out of town. (Indeed, Seymour was bitter about getting traded.) I say they wind up in, especially Seymour.
  • Gronk has already done enough to get in.
  • McCourty hasn't, but he's on track.
  • I'm negative on Matt Light these days for political reasons, but he's the obvious absence from this discussion so far, and likely to be (deservedly) inducted.

I would like to see Vrabel and Matt Light. Both were part of the Patriot Way. Light seems like a classy guy too and has done great charity work.

Grogan is in. I forgot.

Clayborn absolutely. Its absurd he is not.

It was worth it, I was going to vote him in but Faulk wearing the Brady jersey to make the pick at the frat put him over the top and he got my vote. I think both were fully deserving but planned on voting for Clayborn because I think the old guys are screwed going forward. I think Clayborn goes in next season but still want them to go with an old and new era player each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents