PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From the Charger board about our WR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Chargers Blitz they have no chance on stopping our recievers. If they drop back 7-8 look for the dump passes and screens. Brady and our recievers will win this game.

Also look for the running game to have a field day if they drop 7-8 back.

The Chargers went Nickel and played Cover 1 vs the Colts last week. Wayne abused Drayton Florence. That strategy vs the Pats is suicide.

The Chargers went Nickel and played Cover 1 vs the Colts last week. Wayne abused Drayton Florence. That strategy vs the Pats is suicide.

True, but the Chargers did tighten up when it counted inside the Red Zone. I hope that the Pats use that method to their advantage and take some longer shots (20-30 yards) once they get inside on San Diego's side of the field.

Also, I REALLY hope that Hobbs or Andrews are the primary kick returners today. Also, that the blocking on kicks is better than it was last week.

True, but the Chargers did tighten up when it counted inside the Red Zone. I hope that the Pats use that method to their advantage and take some longer shots (20-30 yards) once they get inside on San Diego's side of the field.

Also, I REALLY hope that Hobbs or Andrews are the primary kick returners today. Also, that the blocking on kicks is better than it was last week.

The Pats love to Play Action pass in the Red Zone. With Maroney running effectively now, expect to see a lot of that.

Peyton's best reciever in the red zone has ALWAYS been someone on the other team.:bricks:

i hope we attack Cromartie early. I love him as a player and he was 1 of my top options in draft few years ago but i wanna see how he handles himself against a guy like Moss if hes 1on1. Little trick play like in Cowboys game would be nice. Fake a reverse to Welker or Stallworth and launch it deep or flea flicker :)

----------------------

I hope this comes true today as some Chargers aren't happy with him.

If Jammer plays in Special Teams then watch out Ellis "the sorriest-corner-in-the-league-Hobbs.

I don't think the Chargers flip cornerbacks on the field.

No,you can't dump him (or any elite WR) toa safety. You need the CB underneath and the safety on top. A dedicated safety, that is. If the safety is playing "center field" it won't work as well.

What did you guys do agaisnt Wayne last week?
got lucky that peyton threw a high pass off his fingers? lol

you saw how he made florence look like a preschooler

----------------------

I hope this comes true today as some Chargers aren't happy with him.

If Jammer plays in Special Teams then watch out Ellis "the sorriest-corner-in-the-league-Hobbs.

Yea Hobbs is going to be terrified of getting hit by a corner on a kick return. I bet he's really scared that some Chargers arn't happy with him.

I don't think the Chargers flip cornerbacks on the field.
you're right, we don't, jammer and cro stay on their respective sides, so if moss wants to go after jammer, he can just by lining up on jammer's side

what we did against indy was play jammer and cro as 1-2 cbs who don't switch off, florence vs slot wr, and we employed a weird nickel that was sort of like a dime, because we used weddle replacing wilhelm, and he's sort of a hybrid player who can play cb safety and decent LB

it was a very weird defense, i doubt we run that again

on the 3 pass tds peyton threw, the people getting burned were hart (s), florence (cb) and florence/mccree (s)

this to me is why welker IMO is the most dangerous wr against us sunday (unless of course moss or stallworth gets matched up on any of those 3 guys)

If they match ANYONE, even Cromartie, "one on one vs. Moss," the Patriots will win by 30.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is not a CB or S in the league that can expect to cover Moss 1-on-1 and totally shut him down. At some point, Randy will have an impact if he is left in 1-on-1 coverage.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is not a CB or S in the league that can expect to cover Moss 1-on-1 and totally shut him down. At some point, Randy will have an impact if he is left in 1-on-1 coverage.
it did happen to him last week vs the jags, even if it was by design

oh yeah that's right, what was the jags doing with him? who even played on moss last week?

They played him underneath man to man and rolled the Safety to his side, playing deep at 20 yards. The Safeties started in a 2 Shell at 20 yards and refused to come up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case