PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency -A startling Contrast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Something that I find interesting about this year's free agency in comparison to the last few years is that there weren't any deals being announced right after the start of it. Could it be that the NFL sent out warnings to agents and teams, alike, about having contracts faxed in immediately?

Yes, there were quite a few signings yesterday, but most weren't being announced until yesterday afternoon. I know 12 hours doesn't seem like a lot of time but it definitely smacks of somehting having happened.

Something that I find interesting about this year's free agency in comparison to the last few years is that there weren't any deals being announced right after the start of it. Could it be that the NFL sent out warnings to agents and teams, alike, about having contracts faxed in immediately?

Yes, there were quite a few signings yesterday, but most weren't being announced until yesterday afternoon. I know 12 hours doesn't seem like a lot of time but it definitely smacks of somehting having happened.

Good observation, I remember the midnight deals of last couple years. No midnight deals this time around. I would tend to agree with you.

The contracts are quite out of control as well. 7 year deals for O-line. Pretty crazy. very happy with Thomas (pending physical) and Kyle Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back