PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Beasley to the Dolphins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When will the Pats ever get a true fullback. Miami just keeps plugging away and the Pats aint signing jack!

snif! sniffle! waaaaaaaaa!!!

To paraphrase that Blazing Saddles classic, "Fullbacks, we don't need no stinkin' Fullbacks!"

THEARCHIVES said:
When will the Pats ever get a true fullback. Miami just keeps plugging away and the Pats aint signing jack!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not THE Fred Beasley?!?!

skyfalling1.jpg

Doooooooomed.

Patience...

There is at least 4 decent FB's in the draft this year. Every year I put one in my Patriots mock and eagerly wait for the FB or any huge FB to be drafted....I have given up.:mad:

However...if Belichick goes on our site and reads any of these.

Matt Bernstein :eat3:
FB | (6'0
3_8.gif
", 260, 4.94) | WISCONSIN

Naufahu Tahi
FB | (5'11
7_8.gif
", 254, 4.9) | BYU

Last edited:
Zuma said:

Heath Evans isn't a true fullback. He's a pseudo FB like Patrick Pass.

I still say the Pats should draft Bernstein because he could be a great H-back. He can run block, he can pick up the blitz, he can run the ball, he can catch passes.

Imagine sending out a 1 WR, 3TE, 1 RB set. With Bernstein's ability you could truly be unpredictable because you could drop him back to lead block or have him block from the line, or send any of the TEs out for a pass.

DaBruinz said:

I still say the Pats should draft Bernstein because he could be a great H-back. He can run block, he can pick up the blitz, he can run the ball, he can catch passes.

Imagine sending out a 1 WR, 3TE, 1 RB set. With Bernstein's ability you could truly be unpredictable because you could drop him back to lead block or have him block from the line, or send any of the TEs out for a pass.

God,I love it when you talk like that!!!!!!!!!:D

What about Richard Seymour? Didn't Belichick once tell the world that he puts Seymour at FB because he is the best option at that position and he doesn't worry about injury because every play in the game is equally important to him? I guess he changed his mind when Seymour got hurt playing FB, huh? I see the media really roasted him on that one. Funny how we get excited about signing Troy Brown who catches about 30 balls a year but when the Dolphins sign a solid, versatile fullback, we just shrug it off. I bet the Miami fans are shaking in their boots now. I mean, Troy Brown, Reche Caldwell and Chad Scott. That's good stuff right there.

DaBruinz said:
Agreed....

Boy we might as well give the division to the fish.. Fred Beasley is on the fish.. its over now....

patriotsrule said:
What about Richard Seymour? Didn't Belichick once tell the world that he puts Seymour at FB because he is the best option at that position and he doesn't worry about injury because every play in the game is equally important to him? I guess he changed his mind when Seymour got hurt playing FB, huh? I see the media really roasted him on that one. Funny how we get excited about signing Troy Brown who catches about 30 balls a year but when the Dolphins sign a solid, versatile fullback, we just shrug it off. I bet the Miami fans are shaking in their boots now. I mean, Troy Brown, Reche Caldwell and Chad Scott. That's good stuff right there.

BB is shaking in his boots at that signing! Saban signed a FB?! oh, no! And BB re-signed Heath Evans in a pathetic copy cat maneuver. Pitiful.

And the press are killing him? Dear god, how will Belichick survive? We know he lives or dies on the opinion of the media. :D

patriotsrule said:
I bet the Miami fans are shaking in their boots now. I mean, Troy Brown, Reche Caldwell and Chad Scott. That's good stuff right there.

I can't wait till we beat Miami next season..

How about you make the decision of "we stink" and BB is stupid at least once the season starts. Thanks. Until then, all these pesimistic and impatient remarks are unneccesary and unwanted.

Box_O_Rocks said:
snif! sniffle! waaaaaaaaa!!!

To paraphrase that Blazing Saddles classic, "Fullbacks, we don't need no stinkin' Fullbacks!"

Treasure of the Sierra Madre. ;)

BTW, we have 2 now. Heath Evans just signed. :)

DaBruinz said:

H-Back? Don't forget our twin bonus babies Graham and Watson.

Pats don't use a conventional fullback. End of story.

THEARCHIVES said:

Welcome to the single digit club!!! :rocker: :bricks:

Attachments

• KidFinger.jpg
    KidFinger.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 92
re

THEARCHIVES said:

Our fullback is Dan Klecko / Richard Seymour / whoever is the backup G/T

Next?

DaBruinz said:
NOt sure why you say that ?? ?? Pass is 5'10 and 217#. Heath Evans is 6'0 and 250# - pretty much the profile of a 'standard' NFL FB. ??

arrellbee said:
NOt sure why you say that ?? ?? Pass is 5'10 and 217#. Heath Evans is 6'0 and 250# - pretty much the profile of a 'standard' NFL FB. ??

Its because he can do more then just block...he can run, catch and block...all pretty well...

DaBruinz said:

good post

incase people havent watched a pats game in the past 4 years, the patriots only use a "ture" fullback usually seymore an olinemen or vrable in short yard situations near the goalline

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News