PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fraud Branch Backpeddling Already !! ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
big mike said:
You really need to take some anger management classes or something.

I brought up the point about Seymour holding out because people said these things in this thread, as excuses for now ridiculing Branch:

"we didn't change our opinion of him when he went to another team.
we changed our opinion of him throughout this entire holdout. try to follow along, will ya?"

"He received priase when he derved to. He is getting crucified now, deservedly so becasue He is a lying SOB, a classless b**** who refused to honor what he signed. Now that he got his bling, let him go find a cure for his son. "

"Got to disagree with part of this. The reason that Branch is despicable are really obvious. He DID NOT honor his contract to the Pats, who put him on the map. "

and so on. When I claimed that people were only ridiculing Branch because he's now no longer a Patriot, the primary excuse people gave was that he deserves it because he held out. THAT is why I brought up the fact that Seymour held out.

And now you start acting like it's an irrelevent point? Sheesh. How exactly did Deion "get the media involved"? Did he call the media? The media constantly reported on the holdout, the same as they did with Seymour. So, how is that any different? Branch didn't do any negotiating - neither did Seymour. Their AGENTS did.

Since you clearly can't discuss anything intelligently, and without resorting to insults, I'm done. Try growing up, it's rather pathetic.
Listen up troll, YOU SAID SEYMOUR AND BRANCH IS THE SAME THING.

you said that.

don't backpeddle now.

I proved to you that they are completely different, which they are.

Don't try to put it on other posters and blame them for your lame and bullshlt comparison.

Until you address that, you are nothing but a troll. Repeating the same nonsense over and over and ignoring the truth.

then when someone finally calls you out, you backpeddle and change your argument.

Now remove your head from Deion's ass

Also, "big mike", I never said i was mad at Deion for holding out, but the way in which he held out, the things he said, and the way he handled it.

so don't tell me that i said I am mad at him for holding out just like how Richard did and don't tell me that they are the same thing.

big mike said:
A player does not negotiate with the team, their agent does.
Gimme a break. If you've decided to lower yourself to the level of saying "a player does not negotiate with the team, their agent does" then that only shows how pathetic your statements are in the first place.
big mike said:
How does someone "break off all lines of communication"?
By refusing to partake in a negotiation. You don't know much about how negotiations work, do you..?
big mike said:
If BB/Pioli don't pick up the phone to call the agent, how is that the player's fault?
Ah, but that isn't what happened. BB/Pioli did call the agent and they did make an offer. The agent did not respond with a counter offer and ceased communicating with the team.
big mike said:
I'm waiting to see which one of you guys is the first to say you hope Deion's kid dies. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
This is too stupid to even respond to. But you're not a troll, right..? Noooooooo... not you... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought that bit about a "piece of the puzzle" was hysterical. Deion honey, that's what you were in *NE* but Seattle's expecting a bit more from you darling for that money. Already he's starting to sweat with the expectations the fans/media have that he'll be carrying them to the promised land. :rofl:

big mike said:
That has nothing to do with the fact that he didn't show up despite being under contract. That is the point that you and others are claiming justifies ridiculing Branch - because he was under contract, and held out. Seymour did the same thing. Sure, there are minor differences
No, there are not "minor differences". There are HUGE differences, primarily the fact that Seymour continued to negotiate with the Patriots in good faith throughout the entire process.

Oh geez, I forgot who I was talking to... I guess I should say "Seymour's agent" continued to negotiate with the Patriots in good faith throughout the entire process. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You have repeatedly claimed in this thread that you are not a troll. Well, either (A) you're a troll or (B) you are incredible ignorant of the facts of the matter. Which is it...? (A) or (B)...?

big mike said:
Since you clearly can't discuss anything intelligently, and without resorting to insults, I'm done. Try growing up, it's rather pathetic.
This from the guy who wrote (direct quote): "Let me know when you get yours out of your own ass. And while you're at it, get a life."

But nooooooooooo...... you're not a troll.... :rolleyes:

Pattie said:
I thought that bit about a "piece of the puzzle" was hysterical. Deion honey, that's what you were in *NE* but Seattle's expecting a bit more from you darling for that money. Already he's starting to sweat with the expectations the fans/media have that he'll be carrying them to the promised land. :rofl:

Exactly !! - That was the point of my original post before these lame deion apologists started arguing with anyone unhappy with deion.

The point is, not only was he a weasel during negotiations - he's being an even bigger one now - he got a ton of money and the seahawks gave up a ton to get him, and he announces to the fans that he's 'not all that' ??

hah hah hah - you better be bigshot, you better be all that and more!
good luck!

richpats said:
That's the thing about his NE experience that will burn him in Seattle- here he was only supposed to be a part of the puzzle, in Seattle he is supposed to be the MAN.

Isn't that what he wanted? File this in the 'be careful what you wish for' category. If it truly was not 'about the money' (his words, not mine) then it had to be about ego and his wanting to be the center/star/'man' and now he has it...... Let's see how he responds to it....or ends up like Icarus....
(obligatory obscure reference)......

Just my $0.02,

Edited once for spelling

Last edited:
Re: Reality !! ....

DonBlackmon55 said:
he'll be cut in 2 yrs. mark it down. Then he'll be a 29yr old washed up WR trying to latch on in Detroit or Cleveland. The way Seattle has $$ locked into their WRs, Walter Jones, Alexander, and their upcomers, there's no way they can afford it past 2007 season. Plus they have plethora of young defensive players who'll be up for renegotiation.

Holmgren is going for broke in 2006. He knows this is his last shot, so he could care less for a 2007 pick that may pan out by 2009

This is where SP/BB are brilliant to keep the Patriot juggernaut going for the next wave of talent.

That's probably an astute observation. He gets $13 million for signing and is supposed to get $23 million by year three. I suspect that means a very big option bonus that by that time the Seahawks won't want to spend... Overpaid players very seldom get to complete their "big" contracts with out getting released or heavily renegotiated and/or yielding givebacks...

Despite all those enormous Redskins contracts that Daniel Snyder gave out to sign veteran FAs, essentially None, Zero, Nada, not even one, completed his "big deal" and collected all the money at the end of the rainbow...

When you are overpaid, after the glow comes off the rose, reality returns, and the salary returns to the normal level. The only way to do that is givebacks or cuts...

Wow, this thread really went the way of stupidity.
Branch is a jerk - accept it.
Apologists, they "sicken me".
I mean, seriously.

Attachments

• dumb_graph.jpg
    dumb_graph.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 59
Sure, Branch is a jerk, Givens is a jerk, so is Willie, don't get me started on Adam. They're all jerks once they walk out the door, eh?

brady2brown said:
You're not a troll. You just don't understand what is going on and why. Like the guy who never had a girlfriend and can't understand why someone who broke up should be sad when there are plenty of girls out there, you can't relate to fans. You don't know what it is like to be pasionate about a team.

I don't know why fans became homers to you, but go back and read the first post instead of just the title. You will see this is not about Deion the player at all, but Deion the person.

But that's okay. You're not a troll, and no one can make you a troll by calling you one. On the other hand, you can't make anyone a homer by calling them one, either, so I guess it balances out.
I'm a very passionate fan, but I know that to these guys football is a job and they sometimes go with the money. That's the way it is. Branch would have stayed if the Pats gave him the money Seattle offered. The Pats were very smart in not doing that, but I won't blame someone for making a personal decision that I, as a fan, don't like.

By the way, in your example, I'm not the guy who doesn't get why someone's sad that they broke up with their girlfriend, but I'm also not the guy who thinks it's ok to call your ex a slut because she had the audacity to break up with you. You know, sour grapes?

Last edited:
big mike said:
IMO, what's sickening is how quickly posters here go from singing the praises of a person while he's a Patriot, but as soon as he's on another team, he's suddenly a talentless, selfish hack. That is sickening.

As much as people complain about Peyton Manning, if he became a Patriot, you guys would suddenly be saying he's the best quarterback ever. And if Brady were traded away, you'd all of a sudden decide he's nothing special. Sickening.

Mike -
I am not sure if you've been off-line or just out of the loop, but I am surprised at your reaction. People have been talking the TRUTH about Branch since he turned down the Patriots Offer in May without bothering to have his agent make a counter offer. You also seemed to have missed that Branch, in April, said that he would honor his contract regardless of whether or not he received a contract extension. He did not do that.

So, he made himself into a liar and showed he was greedy because he never bargained in good faith.

Branch, though exciting, was terribly inconsistent and not an ELITE WR. He was not in the top 15 of WRs currently in the league, but wanted to be paid in the top 5 and seemed unwilling to negotiate with the Patriots to get close to that number.

DaBruinz said:
You also seemed to have missed that Branch, in April, said that he would honor his contract regardless of whether or not he received a contract extension.
Ok, I missed that. Did he really say that? Is there a quote? If so, that completely changes my mind.

Keegs said:
Hey troll, they aren't bashing him cuz he isn't a pat anymore. It is becuase of how he acted and how he left. I consider this very similar to Adam V., both left like ********s.

It's not just the fact that they left. I'm on here everyday reading and i have NEVER seen anyone say Williie will play bad or call him talentless and selfish.

You need to read the posts better and shut your mouth until you actually get it.

I know i wouldn't say Peyton is the best ever. He is a choke. The pats would never get him. If they did, i would still think it is Montana and Brady.

but you probably just said that to stir things up... i hope so at least. Otherwise you are lost.

Keegs, Big_Mike is not a troll. He's an avid Pats fan and has been following the Pats probably since before you were born so your garbage is uncalled for.

Oswlek said:
I hate to be the bad guy, but Branch is a damn fine receiver. He also had shown nothing but humilty and graciousness until this contract dispute happened. He has legitimate family concerns as one of his twin boys is confined to a hospital.

Sometimes it's easy to lose perspective when discussing sports salaries. While it is unfortuneate that Deion has family health issues, other people making far less money have family health issues to deal with too. Deion was going to making 1.045 million dollars. Please note THAT IS A HELLUVA LOT OF MONEY.

It isn't 6 million, but that is huge money...PLUS he would have gotten his money if he had just honored his contract and played the last year as he agreed to.

The Gr8est said:
It isn't 6 million, but that is huge money...PLUS he would have gotten his money if he had just honored his contract and played the last year as he agreed to.
And what if he got hurt and ended his career?

Of course I'm a man who believes that someone's word is important, and if he SAID he would honor his contract, then it's shady to hold out. But given the choice of being handed $1M or $6M, all other things being equal, I wouldn't let anyone tell me that $1M is good enough.

Keegs said:
Listen up troll, YOU SAID SEYMOUR AND BRANCH IS THE SAME THING.

you said that.

don't backpeddle now.

Debate with big mike as you wish, but he is no troll. At least show him some respect. This debate has sunk to a level it doesn't need to.

First off, i am not the only one in this thread who suggested that Big_mike is a troll.

2nd, if he's not, then fine. whatever. But earlier in this thread he came off that way.

It really looked like he was just trying to irritate pats fans the way he ignored what happened and said Branch and Seymour did the exact same thing and all the other crap that i dont feel like typing for the 3rd time.

Only my hunch, but I've felt for the last month that Branch"s finances are f'ed-up and he needed the bonus check now, couldn't wait til next year, or 2 if they franchised him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes