PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Framegate appeal hearing set for February 1: SB week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope by then even the mediots are just giving Baddell an *** pounding for being an idiot and letting this crapfest drag on for over a year, and for putting more resources into this than any domestic violence or other problems in the history of the freaking league.

Here Roger, you want deflated balls, you seem obsessed with them. Here's your Christmas present, you jerka$$:

enhanced-29903-1410819206-6.jpg

I can't unsee this!!!! :confused:

Not "begin on". "Be on". The entire thing will only be about 30 minutes. Each side's lawyer will get about 15 minutes (they get equal time). And then that's it. And then some day, potentially weeks or even months later a decision will issue. Neither side will get any advance warning. The lawyers will get an email via PACER when the decision is uploaded to PACER by the clerk.

and it won't be open to the media, correct?

Week 8 Notebook: Peyton Manning, NFL's biggest question mark - NFL.com

Question: does Brady have to go to this appeal hearing?

Either way, I'm sure Goodell is happy. I hope he gets stung by a bee in the eye today.

Plus, screw the court of appeals could easily have scheduled it a couple of weeks later. WTF. I hope by then Goodell is fired. F him and his pasty white complexion.

I'm really not sure if this is a bad thing. CA2 is probably going give the NFL a verbal beatdown 10x worse than what Berman gave them.

Their brief is garbage and I don't think arguments like "our investigations don't have to be independent" and "screw due process! this court only exists to rubber stamp our decisions" are going to be warmly received at the hearing.

Of course it would be.:rolleyes:

Just added motivation though.:cool:

Footnote on page 4 of Judge Berman's ruling:
"3 Brady's passing performance during the game improved during the second half, after the footballs had been re-inflated. See Wells Report at 122 n.73 ("We were not asked by the NFL to investigate the potential competitive impact of the deflation of Patriots game balls and, therefore,
do not make any findings or reach any conclusions on that issue. Nevertheless, we note that Brady's performance in the second halfofthe AFC Championship Game- after the Patriots
game balls were re-inflated- improved compared to his performance in the first half. Specifically, in the first half, he completed II of21 passes for 95 yards and one touchdown, and in the second half, he completed 12 of 14 passes for 131 yards and two touchdowns.")."

There was no need for Berman to include this footnote unless he clearly believed it was useful evidence that the NFL was being completely absurd and was conducting an obvious witchhunt. Supposedly his ruling had nothing to do with evidence or if deflated footballs actually provided an advantage, but Berman clearly felt differently.

How are these judges going to feel when Brady had a great season at age 38 after rules were put in place to monitor the inflation levels? They'll likely feel the same as Berman did and find this whole thing to be much ado about nothing. What if by the time of the hearing Brady was an MVP candidate or actually won the MVP? Or if the Patriots are in the Super Bowl again? What if the team, dare I say it, is even undefeated? The NFL is going to look pathetic. In fact, they already do. I can't imagine the judges will take the NFL seriously and will be upset about having their time wasted. As a Pats fan, it would be priceless.

How are these judges going to feel when Brady had a great season at age 38 after rules were put in place to monitor the inflation levels? They'll likely feel the same as Berman did and find this whole thing to be much ado about nothing. What if by the time of the hearing Brady was an MVP candidate or actually won the MVP? Or if the Patriots are in the Super Bowl again? What if the team, dare I say it, is even undefeated? The NFL is going to look pathetic. In fact, they already do. I can't imagine the judges will take the NFL seriously and will be upset about having their time wasted. As a Pats fan, it would be priceless.
Quirky thought: If the Patriots go undefeated and even win the SB, do you think the NFL* will want to accuse them of something nefarious again? If they do, it might cause the Patriots to have another excellent season (even by Patriot standards which is an average of 12-4).

Now that's not a serious thought, but sooner or later, if they keep pushing their agenda, this might have to get very serious and I wouldn't be surprised if fans start to file law suits (probably frivolous, but there might be enough information out there to expose the NFL* and cause further investigation).

Their actions stand a very real chance of killing the golden goose and the owners better start thinking big picture football and not their own enterprise. There's more room for failure than there is for increased revenue.

When Berman's decision is upheld does Rogers job security become a serious discussion?

We heard whispers of it after Brady's suspension was vacated but does another appeal loss increase the chances of the owners removing him?

On a side note does BSPN's current job cutting mode distant its relationship with the NFL?

this could be good if the pats are in the super bowl - it will make our guys a bit more angrier
If karma is to be truly served, then the Pats will be in the SB, they will win, Brady will win the SB MVP, league MVP and the court will back Berman's decision all within the same week which will ultimately lead NFL owners to kick Goodell to the curb.

On a side note does BSPN's current job cutting mode distant its relationship with the NFL?
Aren't most of the cuts IT related where the people being cut are training their H1B replacements (or is that just a story being floated)?

Quirky thought: If the Patriots go undefeated and even win the SB, do you think the NFL* will want to accuse them of something nefarious again? If they do, it might cause the Patriots to have another excellent season (even by Patriot standards which is an average of 12-4).

Now that's not a serious thought, but sooner or later, if they keep pushing their agenda, this might have to get very serious and I wouldn't be surprised if fans start to file law suits (probably frivolous, but there might be enough information out there to expose the NFL* and cause further investigation).

Their actions stand a very real chance of killing the golden goose and the owners better start thinking big picture football and not their own enterprise. There's more room for failure than there is for increased revenue.
This is what I keep thinking because the more the NFL pursues this witchhunt, it actually presents more opportunities for their true intentions to be exposed. This whole thing could have consequences they never even thought of and spiral out of control. If their not careful it could get ugly for them, real ugly.

Aren't most of the cuts IT related where the people being cut are training their H1B replacements (or is that just a story being floated)?

Possibly. This is all I've seen that remotely suggests who got laid off.

ESPN Layoff Of 300 Amid Subscription Decline In Cable TV Highlights Broader Changes

ESPN isn't giving a breakdown of layoffs by job title or function, but the cuts are not expected to affect any on-air personalities. Most of the network's 1,000 or so "public-facing" employees, including SportsCenter anchors and play-by-play announcers, are under individual contracts, and so are not subject to layoffs.

This is what I keep thinking because the more the NFL pursues this witchhunt, it actually presents more opportunities for their true intentions to be exposed. This whole thing could have consequences they never even thought of and spiral out of control. If their not careful it could get ugly for them, real ugly.
Do you use the term NFL* (indirectly) and think in the same thought? Either these guys really are (evil) masterminds or it's a boatload of people who fell into a situation and can bully their way by controlling the media. I wonder, if anyone in the media, brings this up during the next TV-rights negotiation. While it obvisouly benefits both sides greatly to keep the product revenue flowing, it only takes 1 affiliate to feel ripped off to start (1) Telling the actual truth or (2) start spinning things in a negative light.

It'd be very easy for the owners to make the office the fall guy here when we "feel"/know it's a powerful group that is dictating these actions.

Do you use the term NFL* (indirectly) and think in the same thought? Either these guys really are (evil) masterminds or it's a boatload of people who fell into a situation and can bully their way by controlling the media. I wonder, if anyone in the media, brings this up during the next TV-rights negotiation. While it obvisouly benefits both sides greatly to keep the product revenue flowing, it only takes 1 affiliate to feel ripped off to start (1) Telling the actual truth or (2) start spinning things in a negative light.

It'd be very easy for the owners to make the office the fall guy here when we "feel"/know it's a powerful group that is dictating these actions.
In my opinion, the NFL is the people who supposedly "represent" the shield. This is exactly what I keep coming back to. It may appear that the NFL is the big, bad and all powerful entity that can't be taken down, but in the end it's a collection of individuals and egos that all care about their own self worth and preservation. I would think that there are some owners that are starting to get a little leery of Goodell and will tread carefully along with other teams that will see how it was done to the Patriots and will try to take down each other at some point. It really is a huge ball of twine that could unravel and get out of control. I also have utmost faith in BB in these situations. He doesn't need to convince anyone that he is smarter than most if not all the people in the room. He has the experiences of "spygate" and "deflategate" to draw from and I would be willing to bet that he is taking every and all precautions necessary to protect the interests of his team, staff, and players. As long as the NFL keeps trying, eventually they'll slip up.

Either way, I'm sure Goodell is happy. I hope he gets stung by a bee in the eye today.
That's being too kind. I want to see him outed as a cross-dressing transvestite on TMZ. THEN get stung in the eye by a bee as he's crossing the street where he slips on a banana peel and gets hit by a bus.

That's being too kind. I want to see him outed as a cross-dressing transvestite on TMZ. THEN get stung in the eye by a bee as he's crossing the street where he slips on a banana peel and gets hit by a bus.
And a bum runs up to him while he is down takes his wallet and spits on him as he runs off and it all gets caught on camera.

And a bum runs up to him while he is down takes his wallet and spits on him as he runs off and it all gets caught on camera.
And the bum gets a standing ovation from everyone on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST