Framegate appeal hearing set for February 1: SB week

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Week 8 Notebook: Peyton Manning, NFL's biggest question mark - NFL.com
The NFL filed a 59-page brief to the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, as part of its appeal of Judge Richard Berman's decision to vacate Tom Brady's four-game suspension. And with Brady in the midst of another vintage season, the court promptly informed the union that the hearing would be scheduled for Feb. 1. That's the Monday of Super Bowl week. As you might imagine, even though the union agreed to a semi-expedited schedule as a compromise (the NFL's lawyers wanted it earlier), that prompted some raised eyebrows.

Question: does Brady have to go to this appeal hearing?

Either way, I'm sure Goodell is happy. I hope he gets stung by a bee in the eye today.

Plus, screw the court of appeals could easily have scheduled it a couple of weeks later. WTF. I hope by then Goodell is fired. F him and his pasty white complexion.

Last edited:
Brady not only does not have to go, he will not be expected to go. Litigants almost never attend appellate oral arguments.

And there's never any reason for them to be there unless they want to, since no testimony is taken at orals. It's all lawyers arguing law at the judges.

Maybe some clerk decided to punish the league for making the appeal. This can't be the way the NFL would want the timing to play out.

I hope you are right. And if the NFL complains, the courts would be like: so you are complaining about a judge's decision when you explicitly requested a judge look at the case? And now you are complaining about the date of a hearing you requested be expedited?

Case dismissed, *****!

I hope by then even the mediots are just giving Baddell an *** pounding for being an idiot and letting this crapfest drag on for over a year, and for putting more resources into this than any domestic violence or other problems in the history of the freaking league.

Here Roger, you want deflated balls, you seem obsessed with them. Here's your Christmas present, you jerka$$:

enhanced-29903-1410819206-6.jpg

I hope by then even the mediots are just giving Baddell an *** pounding for being an idiot and letting this crapfest drag on for over a year, and for putting more resources into this than any domestic violence or other problems in the history of the freaking league.

Here Roger, you want deflated balls, you seem obsessed with them. Here's your Christmas present, you jerka$$:

enhanced-29903-1410819206-6.jpg
That was the last thing Peyton Manning's college trainer saw before she passed out....

Is the court as tone deaf as the league? Holy Christmas. o_O
I actually wouldn't doubt that this is a date that the NFL requested.

The league offices have become so ridiculously headstrong in attempting to smear Brady's name in an effort to sway public opinion, all as a convoluted smoke screen in their attempt to gain/re-gain power over the players and the NFLPA... the unconscionable perverted attempt through any means possible to gain yet more power over the least powerful player's union in all professional sports is mind boggling.

At this point , I just hope pats are relevant that week which is the harder part. Dont care about the court stuff. That

Why is NFL.com putting out a blurb on this now, when everyone else has known exactly this information for like two weeks now?

Why is NFL.com putting out a blurb on this now, when everyone else has known exactly this information for like two weeks now?

We didn't know the date, I think we only knew the earliest date.

We didn't know the date, I think we only knew the earliest date.

We definitely knew the date not long after the NFL filed their appeal. Maybe it wasn't official or something, but that Feb. 1 date has been out there a while now.

My guess is the NFL didn't want people to say too many nice things about the Patriots this week. On top of that, the NFL's brief has been laughed at by every lawyer and expert out there who does such things.

We definitely knew the date not long after the NFL filed their appeal. Maybe it wasn't official or something, but that Feb. 1 date has been out there a while now.

My guess is the NFL didn't want people to say too many nice things about the Patriots this week. On top of that, the NFL's brief has been laughed at by every lawyer and expert out there who does such things.

They have been saying it would be heard as early as Feb 1, and now this report is saying the hearing will begin on Feb 1. Not the same.

E.g.,:
NFL’s appeal of Tom Brady ruling heard in Feb.

Maybe this new report is wrong though, and is reporting the 'as early as' wrongly as 'will begin on.'

this could be good if the pats are in the super bowl - it will make our guys a bit more angrier

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
They have been saying it would be heard as early as Feb 1, and now this report is saying the hearing will begin on Feb 1.

Not "begin on". "Be on". The entire thing will only be about 30 minutes. Each side's lawyer will get about 15 minutes (they get equal time). And then that's it. And then some day, potentially weeks or even months later a decision will issue. Neither side will get any advance warning. The lawyers will get an email via PACER when the decision is uploaded to PACER by the clerk.

Karma here would be intense questioning by the Judges during oral arguments about how there is or was no competitive advantage to deflated balls and why the NFL would seek to overturn a sound judgement by another Judge...

Then on Sunday the Pats would win SB 50, Brady would get the MVP and then during the award Brady would stare down Goodell and say, "payback is a bytch sucker"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST