PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxsports mentions GB running up the score

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7437388

I received a humorous e-mail Sunday afternoon from Don Yee, agent to Tom Brady, and he's another New England fan who has become a little sensitive to criticism. But I beat Don to the punch.

In the second half of the Packers-Vikings game, with Adrian Peterson on the sidelines and Minnesota facing its first shutout in the long history of this rivalry, I was wondering why Brett Favre was still playing. I told Howie Long in the Fox studio that Green Bay was running up the score on the poor Vikings. Why would they do this? Why did Favre need to still be in the game, throwing for another touchdown and in the fourth quarter?

I've been critical of all those Brady fourth-quarter touchdown passes this season, a couple that I thought were unnecessary considering the condition of the opponent. Coaches insist that no lead is safe, but with Brooks Bollinger throwing passes and with no Peterson, the Vikings were no threat to ever catch the Packers. Heck, Green Bay has a very good defense. Hence, the e-mail from Brady's guy.

Aaron Rodgers finally relieved Favre in the final five minutes, but he should have been in there sooner. Favre has enough touchdown passes to last him a lifetime.

Where are the ESPN talk shows and news articles on this!?

Brett Favre and the Packers are classless! They are despicable villains.

I am APPALLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes