Interesting rankings:

5. Tyson Jackson,DE
6. Jeremy Maclin, WR - this seems a bit high
11. Michael Crabtree, WR - this seems low
12. Robert Ayers, DE
13. Rey Maualuga, ILB
14. BJ Raji, DT - this seems low
15. Vontae Davis, CB
18. Mark Sanchez, QB - this seems way too low.
19. Alphonso Smith, CB- this seems way too high.
20. Malcolm Jenkins, CB - awfully close to 23.
22. Clay Matthews, LB
25. William Beatty, OT
26. Darius Butler, CB
30. Everette Brown, DE/OLB
39. Larry English, DE/OLB
40. Connor Barwin, OLB
48. Louis Delmas, S
50. Pat White, QB/WR
51. Eric Wood, OG/C
52. Patrick Chung, S
53. Jarron Gilbet, DE/DT
66. Chip Vaughn, S
69. William Moore, S
71. Jason Williams, LB

Not in the top 100: TJ Lang, OL

18. Mark Sanchez, QB - this seems way too low.

Why?

If theres any position that teams will consistently reach for, its QBs. Honestly, if we ranked players just on talent alone, I'd have Sanchez lower than 18, despite the fact that he'll probably be picked higher.

Tyson Jackson at #5?

Was I abducted by aliens and plopped into an alternate universe? The kid's a decent enough player and all but if he has half the career Ty Warren has had thus far, I'll be shocked.

Tyson Jackson at #5?

Was I abducted by aliens and plopped into an alternate universe? The kid's a decent enough player and all but if he has half the career Ty Warren has had thus far, I'll be shocked.

Lots of rumors flying right now that Jackson wil be a top 5 pick, and that KC is in love with him and could take him as high as #3. Could be true, could all be a smokescreen. Wild stuff. I personally agree with you about Jackson.

Lots of rumors flying right now that Jackson wil be a top 5 pick, and that KC is in love with him and could take him as high as #3. Could be true, could all be a smokescreen. Wild stuff. I personally agree with you about Jackson.

I think the issue is that so many teams in the top half of the draft are looking for system players, and there are very few true fits on the board. Of the top defensive prospects, Jackson is probably the best system fit, he's really custom built to play 3-4 end. Curry, on the other hand, is likely destined to play OLB in the 4-3 and ILB in the 3-4, neither a position of need nor value for the Chiefs.

I think the issue is that so many teams in the top half of the draft are looking for system players, and there are very few true fits on the board. Of the top defensive prospects, Jackson is probably the best system fit, he's really custom built to play 3-4 end. Curry, on the other hand, is likely destined to play OLB in the 4-3 and ILB in the 3-4, neither a position of need nor value for the Chiefs.

You're right on. Plus the money is scaring the bejeesus out of the teams in the top 10 - they're terrified to spend that kind of money and fail. The problem with Curry is that even if he succeeds it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a 4-3 SAM or a 3-4 MIKE, at least until you get to the 8-10 range.

I'm sure the Chief's dream scenario right now is to trade back to around 10 and take Tyson Jackson. They know what they will be getting with him, he fits their system, and the money is not unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents