PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxboro cops: Pats' Chandler Jones sought medical help early Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salvia...oh boy what a dangerous one. I had a friend break through and he started seeing people as turtles. Another friend forgot how to speak English for five minutes and instead was running around yelling in Spanish. Needless to say that was the first and final experience with it.

Everyone I know who has tried it (I have not. I stick to the real thing) is one and done.

I mean who wants to party with this guy?

Saw ESPN reporting whatever he took "is not illegal." I guess that lines up with synthetic weed.

I don't really care if he took it. I'm glad he got help when he realized it wasn't working out. I'll care if he takes it again during the season knowing it'll screw him up...

I care.

In the offseason, on his own time, God Bless, Zie gehzundt, if he wants to drink himself silly or do this newfangle "grey area" crap, well it's his body.......

But 6 days before a playoff game, you're on the clock, kid.

What the heck is "synthetic marijuana?" I grew up in the 60's, so I'm more than familiar with weed. :D However I didn't know it came in synthetic form.....

Google is my friend, I suppose...
Hell, my prime tokin' days were the early 90s and never heard of synthetic weed until 2 hrs ago.

Winslow Wont Receive Suspension For Synthetic Marijuana Possession - RealGM Wiretap

Kellen Winslow will not be suspended under the NFL's substance-abuse policy after being found in possession of synthetic marijuana.

Synthetic marijuana is not on the NFL's list of banned substances.

"Our drug policy is one that has strict and well-defined drugs that are banned," union boss DeMaurice Smith said, via NJ.com. "If they are not on the list, they can't serve as the basis for discipline."

Nothing more to see here! In the clear!
But it's a Patriots player. Exceptions can always be made.

Savlia is not synthetic weed. Spice/K2 is the synthetic weed that will give you nerve damage and ****.

Salvia is a natural psychedelic/shamanic thing.

In addition to the side effects he experienced, which make it less than smart, this also will not help him in his next contract negotiation.

fake weed also doesn't usually come in pills, to my knowledge. So the "OD'd on pills" story was yet another part of this that was apparently mis-reported

Most people think of K2 as “marijuana light” because the pleasurable experiences are much like cannabis, but not as long in duration and not as intense. Unfortunately it also comes with a list of side effects not found with most weed trips. While some will experience paranoia with pot, K2 can result in this condition and in some cases psychotic episodes and serious vivid hallucinations. Some have referred to this as the “zombie” effect of K2. Because of these issues reports in the U.S. have state that over 12,000 emergency room visits have occurred due to use of K2. It’s possible that some of this is hype, but it could be an issue of those under the age of 17 using this drug. Since developing brains are apt to react in unexpected ways to any number of substances including prescribed medications, children under this age should be discouraged from experimentation.

You can flip the **** out on Salvia too, idiots like Miley Cyrus try to treat it like it's a party drug. I've got 0 interest in trying it, but I read a lot about it cause it's interesting.

But I'd probably rather eat a Salvia bush in one sitting before I'd try synthetic crap.

Hell, my prime tokin' days were the early 90s and never heard of synthetic weed until 2 hrs ago.
You hear about it once in a while with college players. I know nothing about it (or the real thing) but that video a couple above yours is scary.

Why do I have the feeling that the NFL will try to suspend him for violating the PCP?

You hear about it once in a while with college players. I know nothing about it (or the real thing) but that video a couple above yours is scary.

That video isn't from synthetic weed, it's from Salvia which is a '**** your head' psychedelic. But it's natural and has never killed anyone.

I care.

In the offseason, on his own time, God Bless, Zie gehzundt, if he wants to drink himself silly or do this newfangle "grey area" crap, well it's his body.......

But 6 days before a playoff game, you're on the clock, kid.

With the way the NFL weed testing is(if not in the substance abuse program) players only get tested once between 4/20 and 8/9. So during the season is when players can smoke weed without worry.

Yes I agree he was stupid for doing fake weed and the problems of brings with it compared to real weed.

Everyone I know who has tried it (I have not. I stick to the real thing) is one and done.

I mean who wants to party with this guy?

Some claim to have had an amazing experience but I've never seen it. It's like a five minute mushroom trip that's 75% bound to go wrong.

I don't understand why people smoke synthetic weed. The natural stuff isn't that hard to get...and it's much better.

Disturbing video indeed.

I did shrooms once and I thought Ronald Reagan was asking what I wanted for Chinese food.

That was it for me.

I'm actually more disappointed now than if it had just been weed.

If he was eating an edible or whatever it's just like 'Chandler, you bozo you're risking a suspension.'

Spice is risking his health.

Personally I would legalize all drugs, you want to poison yourself that's your business. That doesn't mean I wouldn't hold someone personally responsible for taking this crap and ending up in the hospital a week before a playoff game. It's just stupid and shows a lack of judgement and priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST