PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette & henderson jr working out for patriots today

He's never lived up to his draft position, but he's sort of a poor man's Rhamondre at this point, which could be fine. If you're looking for depth that can play 10-15 snaps a game to keep Stevenson fresh, he can do that without telegraphing to the defense what you're going to do while he's in there. I'm more in favor of waiting until camp to see how Strong/Harris look, then (if they don't look good) signing whichever vet back is still looking for a home. But in a vacuum as a player, they could do worse than Fournette.

He's never lived up to his draft position, but he's sort of a poor man's Rhamondre at this point, which could be fine. If you're looking for depth that can play 10-15 snaps a game to keep Stevenson fresh, he can do that without telegraphing to the defense what you're going to do while he's in there. I'm more in favor of waiting until camp to see how Strong/Harris look, then (if they don't look good) signing whichever vet back is still looking for a home. But in a vacuum as a player, they could do worse than Fournette.
10-15 snaps a game? 15 is a lot for any “backup”. I’m ok with it if he’s pass blocking for 10 of those snaps. I would have no confidence Fournette would be productive with the Patriots.

Looks like he’s the first FA RB to accept that nobody is going to pay them much money this season. He was pretty bad last season battling a foot injury behind a bad OL, but it makes sense to see where he’s at physically right now.

That would be the lowest ypc in his carreer.
Agree….I looked. I’m having flashbacks of Steven Jackson. It’s not necessarily age…just that he’s not good now.

Elliot and Cook > Fournette

Last edited:
We tried signing him before.
I always loved his game.
I wouldn’t hate it but seeing how he played last year it’s a meh for me.
Why are we bargain hunting when we have the cap to make a splash.

10-15 snaps a game? 15 is a lot for any “backup”. I’m ok with it if he’s pass blocking for 10 of those snaps. I would have no confidence Fournette would be productive with the Patriots.

I think you're underestimating what a modern NFL backfield looks like (excluding the Titans). Damien Harris averaged 14 snaps per game last year, and that accounted for 22% of the team's offensive plays. Stevenson played 66%. If the goal is to reduce Stevenson's load so he doesn't burn out by season's end, you need to (at minimum) replace Damien's snaps, AND get more contribution from the 2nd year guys.

I think you're underestimating what a modern NFL backfield looks like (excluding the Titans). Damien Harris averaged 14 snaps per game last year, and that accounted for 22% of the team's offensive plays. Stevenson played 66%. If the goal is to reduce Stevenson's load so he doesn't burn out by season's end, you need to (at minimum) replace Damien's snaps, AND get more contribution from the 2nd year guys.
I don’t want to burn out Stevenson. I also don’t think Fournette is the answer. Not a single team is going to worry about Fournette. Elliot or Cook is a different matter IMO.

Elliot and Cook > Fournette
But......
Fournette $ < Cook $$$$
Therefore......

Bill is .....
Olivia Wilde Reaction GIF

for
Leonard Fournette Reaction GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Last edited:
Fournette was completely awful running the ball last season. He showed up to camp overweight and was useful for literally week 1 only. He was brutal in short yardage, red zone, and goal line. He's probably on the verge of being out of the league so I don't think we need to be the team to delay it.

And again, Rham has all pro potential, and we already have Strong and Montgomery to spell him as needed.

Lenny is probably going to come in at 3 million with incentives while Cook would probably want 8. The organization isn't going to spend this year or change the way they offer contracts to people so this is probably the best case scenario.

I would rather have Blount on the 53 then Fournette…serious.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back