PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four teams emerge as "most interested in adding Moss". Pats... are....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
...not one of them. :D

NFL.com news: Dolphins, Rams, Redskins, Titans most serious about Moss

Dolphins, Rams, Redskins, and Tits. Rams are the highest on the waiver wire priority list, and would make the most sense since they are extremely thin at WR. Foreskins are next on that list, followed by the Douchefins and the Tits. Gotta hope either St. Louis or Washington pick him up. Having Moss in Miami is about the last thing we all want to see.

Last edited:
...not one of them. :D

NFL.com news: Dolphins, Rams, Redskins, Titans most serious about Moss

Dolphins, Rams, Redskins, and Tits. Rams are the highest on the waiver wire priority list, and would make the most sense since they are extremely thin at WR. Foreskins are next on that list, followed by the Douchefins and the Tits. Gotta hope either St. Louis or Washington pick him up. Having Moss in Miami is about the last thing we all want to see.

Not sure Moss in Miami would be any worse than Moss was with Minnesota. He'd worry me more with the Bills honestly.

Schefter was also on Mike and Mike saying he's heard from other that Moss is likely to clear waivers. Only a few more hours of waiting.

Schefter was also on Mike and Mike saying he's heard from other that Moss is likely to clear waivers. Only a few more hours of waiting.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if Moss clears waivers, doesn't Minnesota have to pick up the remainder of his contract for the rest of the season?

The fact that we haven't heard anything yet makes me think that he's going to clear waivers.

so the Jets might have used him by inviting him down to do a brain dump on the Pats tendencies, etc...get all the inside poop then not make a claim for him.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if Moss clears waivers, doesn't Minnesota have to pick up the remainder of his contract for the rest of the season?

You are rarely wrong, with this being no exception.

Your right which would be better for Moss meaning he could "double dip" - get paid remaining salary from Vikings plus whatever he gets from new team.

Thanks guys. So, pretty much, it's guaranteed that he's going to clear waivers.

Your right which would be better for Moss meaning he could "double dip" - get paid remaining salary from Vikings plus whatever he gets from new team.

So, the new salary doesn't offset the Vikings salary?

Say they pay him the pro-rated amount of the veteran minimum ($230k?). That $230k wouldn't be deducted from the amount that the Vikings will pay him?

Say they pay him the pro-rated amount of the veteran minimum ($230k?). That $230k wouldn't be deducted from the amount that the Vikings will pay him?

My understanding is that the Vikings would have to pay all of his remaining salary regardless if he signs elsewhere after clearing waivers. Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure but from what I've heard from the so called experts that what they've been saying.

Most commentators say that more than one team will claim him--yet the very same experts also say that he may still end up back with Pats. ???? Can anyone explain this? Are we going to give up a 4 to get him back---no way, so how???

Last edited:

Do we really see Moss playing anywhere at the vet minimum, though?

Most commentators say that more than one team will claim him--yet the very same experts also say that he may still end up back with Pats. ???? Can anyone explain this? Are we going to give up a 4 to get him back---no way, so how???

Maybe a 6th?

According to Rich Cimini:

Breaking: The #Jets did not submit a claim for WR Randy Moss or LB Shawne Merriman, according to league source. >

I hear the toronto argonauts are in need of a deep threat :D

According to Rich Cimini:

Breaking: The #Jets did not submit a claim for WR Randy Moss or LB Shawne Merriman, according to league source. >

It would honestly shock me if the Jets picked him up. With what they currently have at WR, they really don't need him.

I think the way it works is Moss can file for termination pay and collect everything from Minnesota and then his new contract he will earn on top of that. He would have to elect to take termination pay or he doesn't get any of the remaining salary from Minnesota ($3M+). A player can only elect to take termination pay once in his career, but if he clears waivers Moss will probably do so with Minnesota. He then could make more than he originally was supposed to this year, so it makes sense.

Last edited:
no one will claim him because of the salary i think. he may end up with the jets which wont help randy much because they are a run first team.

no one will claim him because of the salary i think.

That and the cafeteria staff on over half the teams in the NFL have told their respective GMs they don't want Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST