PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Kevin Turner diagnosed with CTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
my son started playing HS football in 8th grade. Long story but he was able to play in 8th and has been starting on varsity football since 9th grade. he's had one concussion and it was scary for us. Here's the problem, the kid loves playing football so much he would crushed if he couldn't play more. one of his teammates took a nasty cheap shot last week and is out now with a concussion. the play was completely unnecessary and it was a brutal hit. Even 16 year olds can bring a ton of force when they hit.
I don't want my son to play college football at all.

my son started playing HS football in 8th grade. Long story but he was able to play in 8th and has been starting on varsity football since 9th grade. he's had one concussion and it was scary for us. Here's the problem, the kid loves playing football so much he would crushed if he couldn't play more. one of his teammates took a nasty cheap shot last week and is out now with a concussion. the play was completely unnecessary and it was a brutal hit. Even 16 year olds can bring a ton of force when they hit. I don't want my son to play college football at all.

My bro and sis in-law have a similar issue. My nephew plays hockey and football and has had a couple of concussions. Hes 15

I've talked to them about what I know (CTE, etc)and I've had multiple concussions in my youth as well. Thats why I golf now :D.

Their dilemma is that sports are his life. They take that away.....hes lost.

What are you going to do?

My bro and sis in-law have a similar issue. My nephew plays hockey and football and has had a couple of concussions. Hes 15

I've talked to them about what I know (CTE, etc)and I've had multiple concussions in my youth as well. Thats why I golf now :D.

Their dilemma is that sports are his life. They take that away.....hes lost.

What are you going to do?

I'm going to let him play high school. This program has a 3 and done rule. 3 concussions and they can no longer play. I will steer him away from college but it's not like he is destined for a big program anyway. Likely a small div 2 or 3 school if he really wanted to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST