For the first time in Patriots history: no printed tickets

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This sucks, got the word from a Patriots ticket rep yesterday. Smartphone only for stadium entry going forward, supposedly to avoid "contact handling" (a pandemic thang). No more special keepsakes like commemorative lanyard ticket holders or playoff tickets you can get framed. What if your phone battery dies suddenly? What about that old guy who only has a flip phone? The cynic in me wants to think this decision is all about $$$. Some traditions should never die and this is one of them, IMO. But who am I to say, just a 27-year season "ticket" holder who no longer can literally hold a ticket.

Last edited:
I hate it. I liked having my patriots lanyard and easy access to the ticket. Ticket lines suck already. Now everyone will be fumbling with their phones trying to get into the stadium. Its gonna be a disaster.

Nevermind when it gets cold and people are wearing all that cold gear. This is a terrible initiative.

Everything is becoming digital. To the point of it being annoying honestly. Some things were fine without being tied to smartphones/internet, but oh well, there's no stopping it.

Everything is becoming digital. To the point of it being annoying honestly. Some things were fine without being tied to smartphones/internet, but oh well, there's no stopping it.
Soon, modern life will be just one sunburst-generated electromagnetic pulse away from oblivion.

Git outta da weigh, youse oul faht!
Sorry, youngster. I will step aside so you can carry on with your virtual, ephemeral digital life that one day will vanish unnoticed into the ethers like a fart in a hurricane. :cool:

I don't like it but am not surprised. Better figure out how to keep those phones charged up during the tailgate party so you can get into the game. Also better hope the cell towers don't get overwhelmed. It's a fing s-show getting into the stadium now. This will easily add another 30-minutes.

But who am I to say, just a 27-year season "ticket" holder who no longer can literally hold a ticket.
If I were an STH, who collected the stubs, I'd be bummed. And the "ticket on the iPhone" sucks too.

Sadly, times change. Here, let me console you with some music:

a3a483a5ca7c5e903ad9b821354f037b.gif

Last edited:
I don't like it but am not surprised. Better figure out how to keep those phones charged up during the tailgate party so you can get into the game. Also better hope the cell towers don't get overwhelmed. It's a fing s-show getting into the stadium now. This will easily add another 30-minutes.
This "contact handling" excuse seems rather flimsy. All the gatekeepers do is scan the damn ticket barcode, isn't it the same thing with the image on your phone? Or will that somehow be automated? It's an outrage, I tell you!

anger.jpg

This sucks, got the word from a Patriots ticket rep yesterday. Smartphone only for stadium entry going forward, supposedly to avoid "contact handling" (a pandemic thang). No more special keepsakes like commemorative lanyard ticket holders or playoff tickets you can get framed. What if your phone battery dies suddenly? What about that old guy who only has a flip phone? The cynic in me wants to think this decision is all about $$$. Some traditions should never die and this is one of them, IMO. But who am I to say, just a 27-year season "ticket" holder who no longer can literally hold a ticket.
Sucks more for me Tune. I don’t own and refuse to own a cell phone. Had one 7 years ago for 3 months. Hated it. My companion to the game will have to have a smart phone. And yes not owning one is LIBERATION and These small blips having to access one is worth it for me

The Jaguars have been doing this as far back as 2018 when I went to see the Pats play them. It actually helped the line move a lot more quickly. Most people have iPhones and it’s pretty easy to transfer your tickets into the wallet app. I agree with the keepsake thing, though. Especially if you’re into collecting that sort of thing, that would definitely be a downside.

What a better way to market to you than to have access to all my purchasing info. I know I'm a grumpy old man, but these cell phones are the bane of existence right now. People are worried about microchips being implanted with the GD vaccine and THEY ALREADY HAVE ALL MY INFO ON MY PHONE ALREADY!!!

Sorry, I know I am really running the risk of derailing the thread. I don't like the digi-ticket thig at all.

The Jaguars have been doing this as far back as 2018 when I went to see the Pats play them. It actually helped the line move a lot more quickly. Most people have iPhones and it’s pretty easy to transfer your tickets into the wallet app. I agree with the keepsake thing, though. Especially if you’re into collecting that sort of thing, that would definitely be a downside.
This is the best benefit of going digital. No more meeting some stranger to pick tickets up at a sketchy location. No more mailing tickets and having them not make it to you in time. No more illegally parking in order to pick tickets up at the agents office. I have stories but am so happy that BS is over.

good excuse to save money........doing things differently during this mess is showing people that lots of things can be done differently, and in many cases better in some regard

i like the keepsakes......i have all of my ticket stubs from a bunch of events.....first solo concert (Ozzy/Queensryche on the Ultimate Sin tour).....last Celtics game in the Garden in '95.......a bunch of great UMASS stubs from the Calipari era (first win over Temple in the Cage, first A-10 title over WV at the Cage, bunch of NCAA bracket games........all kinds of Red Sox stubs (opening day ring ceremony games, etc).....i'm a hoarder, and i love that crap

good excuse to save money........doing things differently during this mess is showing people that lots of things can be done differently, and in many cases better in some regard

i like the keepsakes......i have all of my ticket stubs from a bunch of events.....first solo concert (Ozzy/Queensryche on the Ultimate Sin tour).....last Celtics game in the Garden in '95.......a bunch of great UMASS stubs from the Calipari era (first win over Temple in the Cage, first A-10 title over WV at the Cage, bunch of NCAA bracket games........all kinds of Red Sox stubs (opening day ring ceremony games, etc).....i'm a hoarder, and i love that crap
Same. I have tickets all the way back to the Kinks at the Centrum in '83.

For another challenge you may experience a game day....

1621605069917.png

This sucks, got the word from a Patriots ticket rep yesterday. Smartphone only for stadium entry going forward, supposedly to avoid "contact handling" (a pandemic thang).
Ignoring the fact that the virus doesn't spread that way, the real reasons are so that:

1) The team knows who is doing what with their tickets (STHers who resell too much might lose their seats)
2) The team gets a cut of any online resale
3) It's cheaper
What if your phone battery dies suddenly? What about that old guy who only has a flip phone?
I do not know the Patriots policy, but other teams provide the option of going to the ticket office, giving your information, and getting a hard copy of your ticket... but it is just a generic Ticketmaster type ticket, nothing special...

Soon, modern life will be just one sunburst-generated electromagnetic pulse away from oblivion.
Yeah it's gonna be fun when we get hit with a Carrington Level Coronal Mass Ejection. Supposedly, we're overdue....

Ignoring the fact that the virus doesn't spread that way, the real reasons are so that:

1) The team knows who is doing what with their tickets (STHers who resell too much might lose their seats)
2) The team gets a cut of any online resale
3) It's cheaper

Points 2 and 3 make the most sense, especially 2. Right now the team links directly to Ticketmaster for resale, or you can transfer tickets via e-mail to someone. I'm wondering what this does to ticket brokers in general like Stubhub, etc.

In all fairness to the Patriots, they were one of the very last holdouts in the League to keep using paper tickets.... I think e-tickets are now League policy.... plus I assume that, like last year, even though we aren't getting tickets we will still get some sort of goodie box in July/August......

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back