PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flutie Announcement Today at Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeSixPat said:
. . . .
You don't have press conferences with senior team officials to announce you are returning. The Pats are a class organization, but they wouldn't go to this length if they didn't have a role for him in mind. Perfect way for Flutie to "go out" - especially with the drop kick as one of his last plays.

Slightly disagree. I think the Senior team officials are just there to show their "respect" for a Boston area Icon closing out his long and varied football career. That's it, no more - no less.

Fluite has been like Favre this offseason?

Can someone link me to Flutie's:

1 - Demands that BB and Pioli sign more free agents?
2 - Press conferences announcing he is undecided?
3 - Refusal to decide by the deadlines the team had asked him to respect?
4 - Statements daring management to cut him?

Last edited:
Flutie as a qb coach?

Great, we'll see Tom doing all kinds of bootlegs. I bet he he'd be a good coach for hail mary practice, though.

dhamz said:

Thank you....NOT something to compare him with..NOT close.

Flutie retires

Flutie calls it a career, by officially announcing his retirement at noon today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this season is done before it even starts.

</ sarcasm!>

I thought it funny that there was a box on ESPN with it BEFORE the conference started...but that's the way it is these days!!
A few interesting things of note...a classy pc..which is why Flutie is what he is. He just loves playing, competing and there is NOTHING at all wrong with that!! Funny that finally..after his career, the public learns his real height.
The DH statements afterwards I think sum it up the best. A Doug Flutie type player will never come again....not only in the NFL, but in college. A less than 5"10" QB??? Unheard of totally!!! And that is why even making it in college football much yet the pros IS a large story!! And one for the ages!!

Last edited:
I disagree completely. Heard some of that self-praising conference and had to shut the radio off. Get over yourself already, Dougie.

Buh-bye.

Thank God.

Garbanza said:
I disagree completely. Heard some of that self-praising conference and had to shut the radio off. Get over yourself already, Dougie.

Buh-bye.

Thank God.

^^^^moron^^^^

Garbanza said:

Buh-bye.

Thank God.

Most of the praising came from a couple of guys who have foggotten a lot more about football than some here will ever know. That Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft truly admire Doug Flutie the football player and the man says volumes more about him as an individual and his almost 22 year professional career than most of his knee jerk critics have ever apparently had the capacity to comprehend.

And I guess it conversely says a lot about what those astute gentlemen think of his critics too. :D

dhamz said:

Well put.

It will be a relief to not have to listen to the Flutie bashers anymore - those folks who just couldn't seem to look at his stats and results. Not very sensible to idolize him, of course. But he was a very capable QB and deserved respect accordingly.

Well, at least now I can maybe finally get some decent money for my unopened box of Flutie Flakes on Ebay.

MoLewisrocks said:
Most of the praising came from a couple of guys who have foggotten a lot more about football than some here will ever know. That Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft truly admire Doug Flutie the football player and the man says volumes more about him as an individual and his almost 22 year professional career than most of his knee jerk critics have ever apparently had the capacity to comprehend.

And I guess it conversely says a lot about what those astute gentlemen think of his critics too. :D

Well said Mo, thank you!!!

arrellbee said:
Well put.

It will be a relief to not have to listen to the Flutie bashers anymore - those folks who just couldn't seem to look at his stats and results. Not very sensible to idolize him, of course. But he was a very capable QB and deserved respect accordingly.

Explanation: Resentment is a New England religion.

NEM said:
Say "Goodbye" Dougie, PLEASE................

And transplanted New England religion.

Pats726 said:
I agree...retirement....but like Favre??? No...not like that at all. I don't think he's been stuck in Natick demanding press.... I agree, it's a bit overblown but comparing it to Favre?? Last time I looked, Flutie wasn't the starting QB..and NOT someone that the the planets spin around on. The whole Favre deal is in another universe!! Yes. he's had a great career and move on!! Maybe a 3rd and eventual color guy??? I'd go with that..a fan favorite and someone who is knowledgeable about it all!! I'd go with that..but I think he may be looking more national. He HAS had a great career in football!! But..it's something less of a surprise!! I mean, he's how old?? How many play football at that age?? (non-kickers??) Have your day today in the sun..and retire as a Patriot!!

I think you're taking my post too literally, it was tongue in cheek. I called him a MINI-Favre for all his hemming and hawing and hedging that went on for weeks, talking about three other teams interested in him, etc., etc. Of course he wasn't on Favre's level either as a player or in terms of the drama he generated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacky Roberts said:
^^^^moron^^^^

I'm entitled to my opinion and can post them too. Oh, the spirit of the MB - differing opinions! (insert eye roll smilie) I've never liked Doug Flutie. Never. Duh.

But, Jacky Roberts thinks I'm a moron......oh-no!!!! (insert eye roll smilie)

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft